Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already responded to Artful saying that I was wrong about the stock hitting 370's multiple times, it only happened once. Doesn't change my belief on where I think the average issue shared price will be when we get the next 10k.

Seriously though, it's my opinion which was never stated at fact. It was my theory based on my view of the terms and corresponding events afterwards. A simple disagree is fine.

Here's an idea....if I want to cling to a theory "like a dog to a bone" I will. I never said anyone should do anything with it. Never said the sky is falling, everysone sell their shares because tesla got slighted :rolleyes:. So the fact that people continually keep responding to the subject even after I've openly said let's move on and making some slights at me is disappointing, but it is what it is.

YOU specifically asked to be convinced otherwise. YOU! Now you post the above. :rolleyes:

So when I said you actually didn’t want to be convinced, I was in fact right. ;)

OK, I just saw a headline that Tik Tok is going to ban users who post their suicide videos.

Yep, that’ll work.

And now I’m going to have to put a ban on the poster who is posting this OT comment.

Yep, that’ll work, too.
Can a Mod post a comment that is so OT that he can ban himself? Such a conundrum.

OK so if GM sells NKLA badger, NKLA gets the Fed Tax credits?
If they do then Tesla should "build" EV vans and shuttles for the Boring Co and collect credits for that.

What does "À la guerre comme à la guerre" mean?
8 Answers

Gérard Briais

, knows French
Answered June 20, 2017 · Author has 4.2K answers and 12.3M answer views

Frenchman here.

Sorry but the primary meaning of this expression which dates from the 17th century is quite different from what the two previous answers have suggested:

In war times, resources and means are very often limited, and it is necessary to do so with the few resources available for the tasks of everyday life. So in critical situations, you have to do with what is available and not rely on outside help.

Nowadays, A la guerre comme à la guerre is still used in derisory way to highlight the negative aspects of a situation.

So the correct answer would be: Do with what you have.

Anybody else seeing/hearing stuff about Tesla selling Fremont Model Ys in Europe in Q4? I know that's not what they've said in the past, but Tesla is extremely agile.

All new orders of Y will be filled in 10-14 weeks (updated yesterday night on Tesla webpage) so not sure where the Ys will be going in October and November. Sure sounds like they will be going to Europe or Tesla is planning a long shut down to rework production line (highly unlikely)

Alright, here's my own theory on the recent cap raise.

A high stock price does what for a company? Namely the ability to raise money cheaply?

So while Tesla is in hyper growth mode, they're going to need tens of thousands of new employees to fill up these massive factories and energy build out etc.

Tesla sells shares near the highs and gets 5B to oh...announce giga india or some massive battery expansion. I believe they will have a hard time spending existing cash with the revenues we'll be seeing starting Q3 so further growth maybe isn't off the table. Although I can be quoted earlier as saying they're likely going as fast as possible/makes sense re ability to hire and obtain raw materials prior to the cap raise.

The SP tanks which helps bring in new employees/retain existing. If the stock can go to 530+ of course those employee stock incentives will be much more desirable if they can get hired on around 350. If this isn't looked back on as a good maneuver I'll be surprised. All you talking about quitting your day jobs, can imagine there were a few pretty happy Tesla employees considering the same. Now the ones holding out for 600 might have to wait a little longer. The employees play a large role in the success we have and will continue to see.

The companies goal is not to enrich shareholders, but seems to be an inevitable outcome on current trajectory. If anything they've manipulated the stock price perfectly to provide the best long term growth for the company. More cash acquired cheap and created a very appealing opportunity for new employees. I don't think they need the cash but employees definitely yes.

A lower SP really doesn't do any harm to the company if they have a large cash buffer. There is absolutely no need to raise money today after the cap raise knowing what we currently know. The larger cash quantity may help with credit ratings as well. If they can manipulate the SP to hire more people, why wouldn't they? It'll only lead to a higher SP in future years.

If you traded this event, good on you. If you're holding like me, I only see positives here and am in no way concerned.
The SP500 will happen eventually and I wont be surprised if they end up paying >500 per share, the longer they wait the higher the underlying value of the company is and more likely the SP reflects that. The speculators will be back, the SP will be volatile....
I had small expectations for the first half of 2020, but most of you know how massive the backend of the year will be for Tesla.

That depends on who counts as the "manufacturer" for the credit. Since GM has already used up its allotment with its own brands.

The federal EV tax credit is an interesting question with GM/NKLA deal. For the pickup my guess you end up with a rebranded/re-bodied GM truck. So if Nikola buyers can use the tax credit you have the situation where the Nikola truck get the tax credit and GM's own brands do not? My guess it they will be built on the same line.

If Nikola buyers cannot use the tax credit because GM is the manufacturer they have put themselves at a disadvantage to other start up manufacturers (Rivian, etc)

Reactions: MP3Mike
YOU specifically asked to be convinced otherwise. YOU! Now you post the above. :rolleyes:

So when I said you actually didn’t want to be convinced, I was in fact right. ;)

I was going to write out a response here

But really.....just move on and let it die. Dear lord. I haven't called out anyone in any of my responses, I haven't attacked anyone. Just petty at this point

Semi-mod: You (plural) can stop now. Shall stop now. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
The federal EV tax credit is an interesting question with GM/NKLA deal. For the pickup my guess you end up with a rebranded/re-bodied GM truck. So if Nikola buyers can use the tax credit you have the situation where the Nikola truck get the tax credit and GM's own brands do not? My guess it they will be built on the same line.

If Nikola buyers cannot use the tax credit because GM is the manufacturer they have put themselves at a disadvantage to other start up manufacturers (Rivian, etc)
So if NKLA gets the credit...they will finally have some revenue to report? TM is a genius!

All new orders of Y will be filled in 10-14 weeks (updated yesterday night on Tesla webpage) so not sure where the Ys will be going in October and November. Sure sounds like they will be going to Europe or Tesla is planning a long shut down to rework production line (highly unlikely)

So if I order a car today, I will get it after 10-14 weeks. But there won't be any new orders in North America for the said 10-14 weeks. Any cars produced after my car will have to be shipped overseas. Gotcha, sounds legit. /s

Curious as to how you think valuation is priced in far into the future? If we're using metrics for growth stocks, which Tesla is, its undervalued right now...even on conservative growth projections of 50% next year and 40% growth in 2022 and 2023. Totally fine if you are expecting slower growth, but that's the only way Tesla is not greatly undervalued as a growth stock

Here's an example: https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1300451861544284162