Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 270$, that’s where we came from before the split where announced. Anyone want to bet against me that we will revisit that level?

We closed the day flush against the 50 day moving average. There will be a lot of buying pressure at that point absent some other negative catalyst. In the last 12-months, we've only ever traded below that threshold twice. Once in the peak of the Fremont shutdown and pandemic (between 03/09 and 04/13) and again around September 24/25 for only two days. I would need to dig up what news may have driven that back then, but it was quite temporary.

Last edited:
So 270$, that’s where we came from before the split where announced. Anyone want to bet against me that we will revisit that level?

Well, remember, the stock had a sudden drop just before the split announcement, after it had been fairly steady around the $1500 level. I consider the $1500 level a fair price for that time, with the news that was out there. Since we haven't had any news since, I consider $300 post-split level a fair price for the stock right now--all things considered.

Down 440 presplit. Crazy Crazy number.

I was on record! Did not want this split!

Any chance this gets better tomorrow?

Wait, wait skyrocketing now!

No...not really.

Hey, can't wait until battery day!

Good thing I only trade in one account....

I actually did dump my aapl post split in my IRA....because that is what you do with these stupid splits. Gonna buy back at some point. But with TSLA had this stupid S&P thing muck up the works. Oof. Stock still moving 80 points a day except now I have five times the shares...

Do we have a PR at 5:15pm perchance?

Thanks for listening.
Please stop making "presplit" references. It doesn't convey information. market cap and % changes do

57457139.jpg

I was referring to Limit Up-Limit Down circuit breakers - typically results in trading halts on a given stock.

@Artful Dodger I'm seeing some masterful timing on driving selling pressure. It seems like no trading halts (again not referring to uptick rule, but instead to limit up-limit down rules) were tripped today on TSLA, even with all the swings we saw today (as much as 10% intraday).

The black magic: the drops were JUST spread out enough to not hit the "must happen within 5 minutes" triggers.

https://www.nasdaqtrader.com/content/MarketRegulation/LULD_FAQ.pdf