Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's so weird - some people worried nothing of substance was announced, whereas I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum that what was announced was so much better than expected that I worry Tesla has Osborned a bunch of sales.

This slide was definitely the money shot:
summary-savings-jpg.591042
People were expecting an alien tech moment with a breathtaking reaction.

It was science, engineering, facts, breakthroughs and optimisation at its finest.

Market wanted shiny things that will be available to purchase very soon.

Not a plan to save the world.

:rolleyes:
Yes instead the market got a pathway to increase volume production of batteries by 10x and improve investment costs and return. Half the price for the battery. The short term day traders want shiny new zunes but the market that supports aramco, exxon, and gm understand huge numbers, cost savings, and opportunities to invest in capital projects...

Those who are disappointed by the AH price action: I'm curious to know what you think the market was expecting to see today vs what we actually saw.
LOL. Enemies of Tesla like always. Trying to control the narrative “Tesla has no future, we think this is all BS”. Thinking if they can sink the stock enough they can hurt the company by making cap raises more difficult.
Losers. Who cares? Tesla is too big, too successful. Let them spend money to try to sink the stock. Their money will soon be my money.

Tesla has no competitors presently. Today they just shut the door to any in the future.
Apple won by controlling and engineering all aspects of their products.
And no one could catch up. Tesla is doing the same. TSLA long. They’ve won the game before anyone even started playing for real.

Apple also kept their mouths shut on new technology until you could actually buy it.

Tesla was at one point 6% up after hours. Anyone know what the catalyst for the drop was?
I watched it drop right after they said (what I heard anyway). The battery process was almost figured out - well, um... it's just that the yield isn't that great... We're on our 4th machine, maybe 3 more versions of the machine is all... by the time it gets to volume. Was a slight disappointment in choice of words, but it was ready to drop at any moment - as if planned. Almost sold a few at the top, but held anyway.

And, basically a roadmap for every other car manufacturer that wants to survive. "Here is the way to the future, follow us!"

Not so much a roadmap as "this is what you should have done, and why you are screwed now"

By the time Tesla has cut their battery prices in half the legacy automakers will still be looking to hire their first few engineers to figure out how to make a battery. Let alone a battery breakthrough. By the time they start hiring engineers to build the machines that make batteries time Tesla will have a 400 mile range $25,000 self driving mass market car.

Someone should go back and count all the posts looking forward to Battery Day helping the share price.

And now we're on to Q3 P&D, right?

FWIW that's exactly why I sold my 9/25 calls for a nice profit last week, but still hold my 10/16 calls. I expected BD to tank SP, and Q3 numbers to recover it.

(before I get a bunch more OMG SHORT TERM INVESTOR people yelling, the vast majority of my $ is in long term core shares, only a small fraction plays around in options and even most of THAT is in LEAPs)

The announced MS Plaid seems to be osborning the new Roadster. Extra room, comparable specs at 2/3 the cost is about as compelling as it gets.

Anyone cancelling their roadster reservation - or even the founder's edition?
Lol. You’re saying people who want a two-seater sports car are reconsidering for a family sedan?