Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The real reason is people who decide on this are 60+ years old and full of prejudice and fear of new.
They can state the problems of the new but the do not see the problems of the old.

Attack surfaces you say ... manipulating the elections is easy not matter what... comparing manipulation of paper ballots with mouse clicks is false dilemma.

We have no big problems using electronic money.
Q.E.D.

Pretty condescending view of people who want to use new technology when it improves their lives in some way, but don't prioritize making every aspect of their lives revolve around them.

What you overlook is the huge importance of the 150 million people who voted being able to interact with civic minded volunteers at polling places and being able to see video of the the state by state counting process. Including observers from both parties.
That is a key reality check feature in this election when a large portion of the Red voters are willing to believe fraud and conspiracy claims.
A significant portion of those voters, having witnessed the process with their own eyes, will reluctantly accept the election result and not join the nut cases in civil disturbances and attacks on the state electoral systems.

I'm in a similar boat. Under the Biden proposed taxes, there would be a point where my wife, who works part time, would just stop working near the end of the year because it would push us up into the highest bracket. Between state and fed taxes, that would be > 50%. Our view has always been we would stop working when more than half of our pay was going to someone else. Just never sat right with us.

Semi-related, even with the pandemic this is turning out to be a better year than we expected. Might be making an end-of-the-year Model Y purchase in order to get another tax deduction (vehicle depreciation) in this year.

I share your view. I am more worried about capital gains going to 40%. Cant even picture 40% of my Tesla gains just disappearing.

Biden's capital gains tax hike could spark a big sell-off in stocks. Here's what that means for the market

Reactions: capster
I share your view. I am more worried about capital gains going to 40%. Cant even picture 40% of my Tesla gains just disappearing.

Biden's capital gains tax hike could spark a big sell-off in stocks. Here's what that means for the market

If anything, wouldn't that just lead to investors selling shares in smaller quantities at a time? It's an increase in the capital gains tax for those already in high income brackets. Smart money won't panic sell all at once, they'll lower their income so that marginal tax rate no longer applies to them.

I've tried to limit the bulk of my TSLA investments to retirement accounts, to avoid something exactly like this.

The changes this past year to the retirement accounts already didn't set well with our family, I can foresee more like this.
New Retirement Savings Law: 6 Things You Should Know About the SECURE Act

Reactions: SpaceAggie
Welcome to the politics and tequila thread.
Lol.

This thread is primarily used to debunk FUD which was on fire a year and a half ago. Less FUD lately and all other information useful to determine short term and long term SP have been moved to short term financial thread and technical trading thread.

So nothing much to talk about....

I wouldn't worry about any tax code changes. With the R held senate, nothing B wants to do will get through so likely nothing will change.

I don't think that is entirely true. McConnell and Biden have a history of working with each other in the past (as Senators of opposite parties). If anything, we might see some decent compromise legislation come out of all of this mess.

Semi-related, even with the pandemic this is turning out to be a better year than we expected. Might be making an end-of-the-year Model Y purchase in order to get another tax deduction (vehicle depreciation) in this year.
For a disproportionate number of us on this forum, 2020 has been life-transforming in a positive way because of TSLA.