Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine how much retail buying will occur after Tesla shareholders inform/lecture/goad/harass their extended families over Thanksgiving!

all i hear is the exact same thing i've been hearing for 5 years:

"it's so overvalued!"
"competition is coming"
"EVs are such a small niche"
and now this wonderful new insight: "i hear Cadillac's self-driving is better than Tesla's anyway" :facepalm:

can't say i didn't try, though.

"it's so overvalued!"
"competition is coming"
and now this wonderful new insight: "i hear Cadillac's self-driving is better than Tesla's anyway" :facepalm:

I don't bring up Tesla to general public. Too many dumb reactions. I just quietly think "You'll be driving one in 2025." Or rather, it will be driving them.

"it's so overvalued!"
"competition is coming"

My neighbor who has the Cadillac self driving told me the same, that Cadillac self driving is ranked higher. I asked him for a drive. It nothing more than a lane keeping. I then gave him ride in my Tesla that has the beta FSD. It blew his mind. Not even in same league

whats crazy about the recent run is that IV on options is still very manageable for how TSLA has traditionally traded

Yeah, this is what is baffling me. I expected a much bigger return on options due to IV spike.
I am so perplexed that there is such a complicated and mysterious event that is happening, but no spike on IV.

I thought about dabbling in options, but after reading about them for a while, I decided it might be more productive to just set that money on fire so at least it could have some value keeping me warm. I admire those of you who know how to play that game - it looks way too complicated for my feeble burrito centric brain.

I knew basically nothing about them, but magicked $1000 into $1m over the last year :D

Had I *known* about them, then I'd be sitting on $20m now :confused:

YMMV...

I see the youtubers that predict TSLA SP based solely on all the technical metrics. And they are so sure when they draw the future... but even one of them has TSLA going to $640 and then "crashing way down." But their Bullish case is going to $800 after that.
I guess technical metrics aren't the "story." but they have to be based on some "proof"?

Letting the news just sit out there was akin to shooting themselves in the foot. But the other option would have been total pandemonium if they just decided to add Tesla just like another stock.

No good options, and hence my feedback on their form, to use more rules based approach, which would have added Tesla earlier, or relax the rules when it makes sense, and they could have added Tesla even earlier, may be q1 this year.

Not sure why I was trying to drill some sense into them, but like Elon said, Some Mercy I guess.

As said a few times, by others and I, they should have waived their "four-quarters profitable" rule and pre-emptively added $TSLA back when we were ~$400 pre-split. Was obvious to anyone with two brain-cells to rub together, how this was going to pan out.

Last edited:
I see the youtubers that predict TSLA SP based solely on all the technical metrics. And they are so sure when they draw the future... but even one of them has TSLA going to $640 and then "crashing way down." But their Bullish case is going to $800 after that.
I guess technical metrics aren't the "story." but they have to be based on some "proof"?

Probably unpopular opinion, but "proof" is perfect 20/20 hindsight....which just doesn't work during a once-in-a-lifetime S&P500 inclusion event.

Flying by the seats of our pants is the real "story" right now.... or as Emmet states in is video " there is a 20-25% chance my bet might come out on top, so I'd be stupid not to place it."

As said a few times, by others and I, they should have waived their "four-quarters profitable" rule and pre-emptively added $TSLA back when we were ~$400 pre-split. Was obviously to anyone with two brain-cells to rub together, how this was going to pan out.

You're assuming 2 brain cells available....yet they were sitting in their boardroom listing to the sound of one hand clapping.

I believe they are looking at past peaks and subsequent corrections.
7/13 & 9/1, daily RSI went up to 85 before the correction
625-640 is in the proximity of the upper upward trendline set from 7/13 to 9/1.
If we reach that early next week, it would coincide with an RSI level of 85
Of course, it works until it doesn't. This is an unprecedented event.
As a trader, though, it would be irresponsible of them not taking some money off the table. We'll see,

Last edited:
Reactions: M|S|M MYP
Yeah, this is what is baffling me. I expected a much bigger return on options due to IV spike.
I am so perplexed that there is such a complicated and mysterious event that is happening, but no spike on IV.

Is someone able to confirm/explain why we haven't seen much movement on IV. It has risen somewhat over the past week. We have had a huge run-up in the stock price and not much on IV. Is that due to the fact that share volume is still average if not lower than average? Or is it driven by option volume?

My neighbor who has the Cadillac self driving told me the same, that Cadillac self driving is ranked higher. I asked him for a drive. It nothing more than a lane keeping. I then gave him ride in my Tesla that has the beta FSD. It blew his mind. Not even in same league
Excellent... need to make a video for posting to YouTube or the twit (all names and faces withheld for fear of GM calling you both liars, but then again maybe that's a good thing 'cause you could say 'prove me wrong').

Reactions: Nocturnal