Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clarkson and an X

At the very end, Jeremy "Fartson" trapped the gaggle of lawyers in the back seats (or so he said) by using Summon to pull the Model X between two closely parked cars. But the falcon wing doors would have easily opened and allowed a graceful exit. Yet he failed to show that amazing capability. Bastard!

I'm not an American but

Everytime this comes up on reddit or other forums there are always posts about how it's not that hard to become an accredited investor anymore. Supposedly you don't even need all that money anymore. Mostly taking some online test. Might be worth checking out.

That in itself will not let you buy any SpaceX though.
Should be easy for many here. 200k income or 1million in assets. Really just need a CPA to sign a letter stating that. Took me 15 minutes this past spring.

TSLA - #1 Stock Among Millennials

CNBC - hour ago:

One of my first pieces of data that validated my investment thesis back in 2016 or so. I read that by generation the most purchased stocks were GE for the greatest generation, Apple for boomers, and Tesla for millennials. I’m either the oldest millennial or youngest gen X so that made perfect sense to me.

Should be easy for many here. 200k income or 1million in assets. Really just need a CPA to sign a letter stating that. Took me 15 minutes this past spring.

Depending upon the entity requiring "accredited investor" status, they may only require you to sign a statement confirming you meet the criteria. And I've never heard of there being a test.:confused:

After-action Report: Wed, Nov 25, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Lays Down the Smak w. New ATH at the Close"

Traded: $27,517,641,308.72 ($27.52B)
Volume: 48,969,488
VWAP: $561.93

Close: $574.00 / VWAP: 102.20%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain: $505

Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $544.095B / $195.255B = 278.66%
Note: Yahoo Finance updated TSLA Mkt Cap for shares issued Sep 9th (per 10-Q)
CEO Comp. Status:

TSLA 30-day Moving Avg Market Cap: $420.734B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $326.314B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap for 5th tranche ($300B) likely achieved Nov 09, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 53.1% (53rd Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 58.9% (56th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume ratio was 0.41% of Short Volume (46th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-11-25.png

QOTD: @Lycanthrope "impressive pre-market walk down to start proceedings in Frankfurt"

Comment: "Shortzes begin cheeky move in Germany; Nicht macht frei" :p

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

TSLA is a hair away from catching Mr. Buffet & Co. at #6 in USA market cap rankings.
Market Cap (in billions)
Code:
AAPL  $1,972.72
MSFT  $1,616.96
AMZN  $1,598.11
GOOG  $1,194.95
FB      $784.96
BRK     $547.52
TSLA    $544.10
V       $449.94
WMT     $430.25
JNJ     $378.24

Other top automakers can eat Tesla's dust.
Also in billions:
Code:
Tesla   $544.10
Toyota  $195.26
VW       $95.54
Daimler  $73.18
NIO      $73.14
BYD      $71.76
GM       $65.07

New York Post; "Elon Musk passes Bill Gates on rich list, but still lags in philanthropy" :rolleyes:
I won't add the link, but will say this; what greater charity can he contribute to than to "Accelerate the World's Transition to Sustainable Energy", and save lives from the deadly effects of pollution from the burning of fossil fuels? Not just human lives, but every life form on the planet is affected by human misdeeds. I would call this philanthropy in the highest order.

Jeez people. :rolleyes:

TSLA - #1 Stock Among Millennial & Gen Z Investors

CNBC - hour ago:

Did you guys catch this? Buy Aurora Cannabis! I don't know anything about them but apparently it's a screaming buy because goofball Tim "Saynomore" (of CNBC short-Tesla fame) laughed that people were paying such high prices, saying the balance sheet doesn't make sense and the "opportunity set" doesn't make sense. In other words, it's a SCREAMING BUY! ;)

/s

There's a lot of front-running going on right now. S&P Committee could possibly announce THREE (3) equally weighted tranches effective Dec 7, 14, and 21.

If it was my decision and my primary goal was to create the biggest runup imaginable, that's EXACTLY what I would do! So while that would be fun, I suspect it's even a lower probability than the slim chance they extend a second tranche into next year.

I'm not an American but

Everytime this comes up on reddit or other forums there are always posts about how it's not that hard to become an accredited investor anymore. Supposedly you don't even need all that money anymore. Mostly taking some online test. Might be worth checking out.

That in itself will not let you buy any SpaceX though.
Well it ain't easy, and it appears some of what I thought above is incorrect upon further investigation. Here's an article that clarifies it somewhat... a bit wordy but informative towards the end:
What Does It Take to Invest in SpaceX Stock?

• Informative
Reactions: Paul_SF
TSLA is a hair away from catching Mr. Buffet & Co. at #6 in USA market cap rankings.
Market Cap (in billions)
Code:
AAPL  $1,972.72
MSFT  $1,616.96
AMZN  $1,598.11
GOOG  $1,194.95
FB      $784.96
BRK     $547.52
TSLA    $544.10
V       $449.94
WMT     $430.25
JNJ     $378.24

[/code]

Would you or someone else explain what would happen to the equal waiting of the companies in the index? This is all determined by market cap & Obviously a rise in share price would mean increased $$ buying in, but is there a magic number where Tesla would flip over from (example) 1.2 to 1.3 percent? Or is it all broken down extreme fractional digits (example) 1.27473628274

I wonder if Elon has considered:

Getting a loan off his shares to buy more shares.
As he buys more shares, his previous shares gain value.
Leverage more loans off appreciated equity.
Buy more shares.

Tesla can also release a new cryptocurrency that requires the escrow and lockup of TSLA shares to determine allocation. More shares you have, the more crypto you get.

Coins happen to get issued on December 22nd.

*that's enough spiked eggnog for today!*