Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's at Morgan Stanley, not GS.
Really? I even googled it to check. Can't trust anyone these days.

Edit: Haha googled 'Goldman Sachs Tesla Jonas' to check. Plenty of hits. Didn't seem worth more time but checking again the whole first page was results from a time when Golden Sachs and Morgan Stanley both downgraded Tesla at the same time.

Last edited:
Almost bought at work 2 days ago on the go between 2 cases at $565 but when I was about to push confirm on my phone someone called me for an emergency and couldn’t complete it after.

Now I have to go thank that person because I bought $20 lower today.

I hit the 3 last dips before the S&Pinclusion announcement and hit the dip today.

reached my number of shares amount I was aiming.

Now I stop, I promise.
Lemme guess..You mean it this time! :)

Someday, when the definitive book on the rise of Tesla is written, there will be an entire chapter reserved for how Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other big players tried to manipulate the TSLA SP for their own gain.

Most of us here remember the genius David Tamberrino, the former GS analyst who never missed an opportunity to downgrade TSLA. Before he left GS (fired? greener pastures?), he lowered his TSLA price target from $200 to $158.

Adjusted post-split, that's a price target of less than $32. Folks, this is not ancient history. He issued that 12-month price target at the end of June 2019. Which means he was wrong by a factor of nearly 20.

To my knowledge, nobody at GS has ever publicly once said as much as "whoops".

Someday, when the definitive book on the rise of Tesla is written, there will be an entire chapter reserved for how Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other big players tried to manipulate the TSLA SP for their own gain.

Most of us here remember the genius David Tamberrino, the former GS analyst who never missed an opportunity to downgrade TSLA. Before he left GS (fired? greener pastures?), he lowered his TSLA price target from $200 to $158.

Adjusted post-split, that's a price target of less than $32. Folks, this is not ancient history. He issued that 12-month price target at the end of June 2019. Which means he was wrong by a factor of nearly 20.

To my knowledge, nobody at GS has ever publicly once said as much as "whoops".

Interestingly, David went to Citadel Global Equities and they announced a huge stake in TSLA Citadel Discloses Huge Stake in Tesla Stock | News Break

Sold my 12/11 calls at the EOD, tried rolling them to 12/31 but didn’t execute. Oh well. :rolleyes:

So that means we’ll gap up overnight. You’re welcome.
@woodisgod, So this after hours action is from you. Thank you sir.

EDIT: O'k, so I now see the funnies were not directed with me, but at me. @woodisgood is good but not god.

Last edited: