Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 month free FSD is a great way to lay the groundwork for FSD as a service. Not many people want to spend 10,000 cash, after they have their car loan, so uptake on FSD as an after market purchase is going to be a lot lower than 3000 or 5000 FSD, but $100 a month uptake could be pretty high. Giving 1-3 month free FSD for all new purchases could increase subscription service. With only 100,000 cars at $100 a month, that’s 10 million a month. By 2022, when there’s close to 2 million cars on the road, monthly FSD could be 20 to 50 million a month. Very hard to estimate the take rate, but services cash flow should start growing dramatically in 2021 and grow 100% annually for the next 5 years or more.

These are important points you're making. Once FSD becomes safe enough that (at-fault) accidents become exceptionally rare, then Tesla can bundle vehicle insurance for FSD-owners for essentially the current cost insurance. Your monthly FSD subscription replaces your monthly insurance payment, and Tesla pockets the (high-margin) proceeds.

Also, this argues strongly that the monthly FSD subscription for individual use (not-Robotaxi) will be in the same range as current Insurance rates, or about $100 per month (not the $300 per month that some imagine).

Cheers!

These are important points you're making. Once FSD becomes safe enough that (at-fault) accidents become exceptionally rare, then Tesla can bundle vehicle insurance for FSD-owners for essentially the current cost insurance. Your monthly FSD subscription replaces your monthly insurance payment, and Tesla pockets the (high-margin) proceeds.

Also, this argues strongly that the monthly FSD subscription for individual use (not-Robotaxi) will be in the same range as current Insurance rates, or about $100 per month (not the $300 per month that some imagine).

Cheers!
I sure hope you're right. But I have a hard time seeing $100/month pricing. That would be 8+ years before it becomes more expensive than the $10K up front price. That seems too long to me, particularly since Elon has stated buying will be a better deal than subscription.

If they offer $100/month, I would think that would have a huge adoption rate!

Wanted to go outside and play, they said.

IMG_20201230_105241.jpg

So do we think today's SP is a battle between MMs trying to keep the SP down and PMs buying for year end window dressing, with MMs not being able to keep up, especially with most weak longs already out of the stock? Seems reasonable to me.
Here’s hoping it’s just the universe moving back into balance after being out of whack for the last 4-5 years... ;) (mind you a lot of “correction” this year already :D)

Long and strong.

Reactions: GOVA
So do we think today's SP is a battle between MMs trying to keep the SP down and PMs buying for year end window dressing, with MMs not being able to keep up, especially with most weak longs already out of the stock? Seems reasonable to me.

Today's stock action has everything to do with imminent Q4 P/D numbers.

Last edited:
Mom woke up to find this beauty parked in the driveway. It’s perfect...Panel gapless!View attachment 622503
That is so beautiful. It's exactly what I'm ordering next week for my wife.

I was going to take her somewhere and have my son switch cars while we are inside. But maybe her waking up to it in the garage or driveway is the way to go.