Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s Model 3 reputation burnished by JD Power quality survey
99ff4762-4a99-11eb-9c55-93e83087d811_image_hires_001916.jpg

"Tesla cars made at the company’s Shanghai Gigafactory were among the highest-quality models sold in China"

A weird thing has happened in Norway. A bunch of old Model S have showed up in inventory with an extremely low milage. I count 17 cars now with less than 1000km on the odo, and you can double that if you bump it up to 2k km.
Where do these cars come from, and is this part of an epic end of year push?
View attachment 622435
Hah! That's easy! These are the Teslas that were dumped at sea during the grate demand drought of 2016-2019, now washed up on the shores of Norway. The place is lousy wiff'em.

/S

A weird thing has happened in Norway. A bunch of old Model S have showed up in inventory with an extremely low milage. I count 17 cars now with less than 1000km on the odo, and you can double that if you bump it up to 2k km.
View attachment 622435

Older demo cars? I believe 500k is done and now it’s all fun :cool:

View attachment 622435
Trade-ins perhaps? End of lease?

Liquidated short term holdings, including some at 695, on inclusion day.

Had a chance to buy back large below 650. Just messed around on the fringes.

Thank goodness for my untouched long term holdings.

Although honestly I should not even give a rat’s ass. What the hell is money for past some point?

Oh, yeah, buying islands. Forgot...

InsideEVs - 1.5 hours ago: Tesla Model Y Spotted Driving With Strange Sensor Rack Up Top

Excerpt:

These videos and images raise a whole lot of questions. What is this rack? Will Tesla's Full Self-Driving vehicles have additional equipment and sensors? Will Tesla actually use LiIDAR? Is this specific to future Robotaxis?

While it could be anything really, and may certainly be related to Tesla's Full Self-Driving capability, it could be as simple as a mapping or imaging excursion. However, it looks like there's LiDAR on the rack.
I would guess this could be used to tune cameras. Compare the lidar with the camera images and see if the vision processing can be made more accurate. Reminds me of the Hubble space telescope. The mirror wasn’t right, so they rewrote the code to adapt the image processing. Tweaking the camera image processing should allow for the hardware to better understand what it sees.

Reactions: saniflash
I haven't been hanging around here all that long, about 9 months as an investor. I just want to say, this stock is mental. Why the rise today? The one or two times I tried to time movement, it was flat or moved opposite of the general expectations here. Happily, I'm in for at least 5 years before I need to draw an income out.
Live long, and hold tight!

I haven't been hanging around here all that long, about 9 months as an investor. I just want to say, this stock is mental. Why the rise today? The one or two times I tried to time movement, it was flat or moved opposite of the general expectations here. Happily, I'm in for at least 5 years before I need to draw an income out.
Live long, and hold tight!

TLSA goes down on bad news, down on good news, and up on no news.