Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're calling for White House Ellipse at 9 AM on the 6th.
The rest of it all will certainly make uncertainty about political stability and economic policy unless the Georgia election results prove to have unambiguous results.

For TSLA I think the rest of the world is now more consequential than is the US. Whatever happens the US will still be a good Tesla market. if the Biden plan happens US sales will be exponential and new GF's will be needed for vehicles and energy. If not, they'll still be needed but probably in different locations.

Either way we're in for continued volatility.

If the Democrats get the majority in the Senate TOMORROW will the stock market drop along with TSLA? They are ahead in the poles. You longs should think a little about this.
Maybe. But on a medium to long run I expect a Democratic administration to reinstate the EV tax incentive for GM and Tesla, reinforce EPA direction towards zero emissions and renewables, and implement a watered down version of the Green New Deal in line with EU's aggressive CO2 and green economy direction. Should be very good for green economy companies like Tesla.

Yes but all the Democrats want to roll back the tax cuts for the rich.

Yeah, but last 32 years (16 R and 16 D)
> 30 million new jobs with Democratic POTUS
< 4.5 million new jobs with GOP POTUS
S&P avg 16.5% gain Trump
S&P avg 20.75 gain Obama

So we should be good and green jobs and infrastructure should be good for Tesla. What happens to Tesla if $7500 tax credit comes back?

Wait. Good production and deliveries report and the stock is UP??? What kind of bizarro universe IS this??
I have a friend who has been waiting to buy in the low 600s. He has a buy order set at $605, he has been calling me everyday in the last 2 weeks to inquire about what is going on with the stock. I told him to hurry up before it reaches $1000 in 2021.

If the Democrats get the majority in the Senate TOMORROW will the stock market drop along with TSLA? They are ahead in the poles. You longs should think a little about this.

Uhhhh.
Dems will propel all green techs to the moon. But we are getting political. Expect all these to be yanked in 3... 2...

I’ll buy a car that’s what happens!
If the exact proposal happens imagine every Tesla getting $7500!
Realistically I suspect there will be income and/or vehicle price limits, but possibly even used BEV might qualify. Obviously we cannot really predict what will actually happen, other than be sure that times will be good for renewables and BEV's. One way or another than is a near-certainty.

If the Democrats get the majority in the Senate TOMORROW will the stock market drop along with TSLA? They are ahead in the poles. You longs should think a little about this.[/Q
I have a friend who has been waiting to buy in the low 600s. He has a buy order set at $605, he has been calling me everyday in the last 2 weeks to inquire about what is going on with the stock. I told him to hurry up before it reaches $1000 in 2021.

What I keep thinking about is the 43% increase in the Nasdaq in 2020. This to me is excessive. Tesla is a part of the Nasdaq by the way. If the Nasdaq drops so does Tesla. Sure Tesla will eventually be worth $1000 but not quite yet in my view.

I’ve been investing in TSLA and reading this forum religiously since 2015. I thought I had this stock figured out.

Yes, I sold about 100 shares earlier at $732. And right after I confirmed the sale, my wife pointed out the stock quickly climbing to $740, while laughing her ass off and saying “you triggered it, didn’t you?”. You’re all welcome!
Update:

I need to report a case of spousal abuse! My wife continues to follow the SP, and keeps saying stuff like “Whoa! Have you seen this? Have you? Huh? Oh-oh, it’s going up again, wow!”

I told her my earlier post of her ribbing me received a bunch of “Funny” votes. Her answer: “Yes, you’re funny! That’s PRICELESS!”
:mad:

I gifted my brother, sister, and cousin $50/$50/$100 in TSLA as birthday/graduation gifts in early 2016. I asked them all over the holidays if they still had their TSLA slice (roughly 1/3 to 1/4 a share back in 2016). My brother said he bought another $700 right after getting the initial $50 and I was like "holy crap! You probably have at least $10k if you still have it". Then he told me he sold all his shares about 2 months later for like $20 profit and I was like (ಠ_ಠ).

My cousin had a similar story, except he cashed out 2 years later for perhaps $80 profit. ( ̄Д  ̄)

My sister completely forgot about her $50, and when she logged in to check the balance, she was like "omgwtf, is this right??" as it had ballooned to $750, or over a 1,500% increase. In her case, ignorance was bliss. I told her to leave her TSLA alone, and it's gained another 10% since then. :cool:

How the Department of Defense could help win the war on climate change

"Though its energy consumption has been declining for years, the Defense Department is still by far the largest energy user in the federal government — accounting for more than three-quarters of total government energy usage and 15 times the energy consumption of the Post Office, the No. 2 consumer — and it emits about 1 percent of the total U.S. carbon emissions.

The Pentagon helped jump-start the U.S. solar industry back in 2007, when the Air Force contracted to build a 14-megawatt solar farm at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada, then the largest plant of its kind in the country. Since then, the industry has built solar projects more than 40 times that size, and the military has been one its biggest customers, adding more than 130 megawatts to bases in nearly three dozen states."

Yeah, I lived through that sorta. I begged a friend to buy the stock before it hit four digits a couple of months ago (pre split). He "earned" his money by doing it the old way over the last 30 years, and now can't break the mental barrier. Me? I didn't have much money till I decided to go all in on January 30th of LAST year. (I am now wondering what my yearly increase is going to be. My Skittles-farting unicorn number was >50%).

Reactions: OrthoSurg
Don't forget a new roof installed as part of a solar installation is eligible for the 26% ITC tax credit. With so many people in need of new or resurfaced roofs prior to install, most solar contractors are very closely connected to a reliable network of roofers and can fold the cost right into your solar loan(or project cash invoice).

I was about to point out how this solar tax break drops off fast and soon, but seems it was extended last Dec to my surprise. This is really good news for Az as we need another year to flip the ACA in charge of utilities here (still red but shifting fast).

OT (50%), some of my "uninvested" cash goes to these folks as well as Senator Mark Kelly etc. Then I received a personally signed Christmas card from he and Gabby - I was touched. My former younger self hated politics, history, and I didn't used to vote. Tesla did this to me, so I guess I grew a heart along the way. I think I just needed a good mission is all. (Hopefully this didn't come across as too political here. Not a test, I actually don't fully know what offends anymore.)

Solar investment tax credit extended at 26% for two additional years