Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-1-28_12-20-30.png

Link: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1354686605261496320

I now think P100D+ might be a clever "working title" you could interpret it literally as a P100D + "something".
That "something" could be "anything" or "lots of things".
But everyone is going to look at the title and jump to possibly incorrect assumptions, so we may soon know what the car can do, but we may not know the actual specs.

Lol, instead, we got "Plaid+". :D

Cheers, mate!

So where are the CoD improvements coming from? I'm not seeing enough body changes to justify that drop. Maybe I just can't see the changes in the pictures?

Edit: They say "Attention to detail on all exterior surfaces makes Model S the most aerodynamic production car on Earth."

So probably lots of small tweaks.

Edit: I also just noticed the areas below the headlights (where on older Ss you have the baffles for the air intakes) are different. That's probably a big contributor.
Difficult to tell from the few pictures that we have but it looks like the top of the 'grill' line has also been lowered. Is the bonnet/hood shorter?

Is there any actual data on the model S width? is it wider now? That rules out some European sales (including me, I find the 2015 S way too wide as it is, hence waiting for the Y).

Also, LOL. Wallstreet are idiots. They will cry loudly about an earnings miss so everyone sells and they pocket the sales commission, then talk TSLA up in a week to get everyone to buy so they can pocket their buys commission. Dumb, dumb money

Holding my 5k shares. very very tempted to grab another 100 today if it goes below 800.

With all due respect, I'm not sure I'd call those pocketing money on a continual basis "idiots". "Crooks", yes, and other words that would get me a temporary ban, but not "idiots" - this is reserved for those that hand over their money to these sharks day after day.

I want both, FSD and the ability to drive when I choose. My hope is that FSD evolves so that a driver can use the software to augment their driving skills. Imagine being able to drive very fast— safely.

The Plaid Model S is a faster car than I can safely drive. I’m not Richard Petty, but I’d love to have his driving skills.

Personally, my 3 SR is a faster car than I can safely drive.

Earliest delivery in Belgium (for new Model S) is september. So we’re looking at half a year of ‘demand is falling in Europe, Model S/X is eaten alive by Taycan (or whatever)’.
Can’t see any info if the new Model S has the smart card entry system of the Model 3 (I hope so).
So Elektrek confirms the presence of the smart card entry system: Tesla new Model S/X refresh: 12 new features yet to be announced - Electrek

Still unknown:
- native CCS? I have the impression that the charge port looks a bit bigger, but not big enough for CCS. I wouldn’t find it very nice in a 2021 EV to have to use a CCS adapter.
- the trunk looks completely flat (see image of bike in the trunk), which may be problematic for my DreamCase.

Hopefully this becomes clear after to rumoured S/X intro call.
It’s itching to press the ‘buy’ button.

Back to my FSD-will-Rule pitch. Elon: "1000% better than humans with video labeling." Then there's speed of learning increases bc of auto labelling. Meanwhile 200-300% better than humans with frame-based labeling today (was what I heard).
Agree with your general point but I think what Elon said (on ER call and on Twitter) is that some of the NNs have already been converted to 4D labelling but that there are still some NNs that are on frame based labelling and they need to be converted to 4D before FSD sees the full benefit of the rewrite.

Very positive that they have 1000 beta users at present. It bodes well for the deployment to all EAP (Early Access Program) in a couple of revisions time (as per Elon's tweet a couple of weeks or so ago).

Regarding those concerned about the new steering wheel, it seems likely that putting a couple of fingers on the top bar and sliding them into the notch for either of the "horns" at the edges will allow easy full turning. Problem solved.

On another note, now that the Model S and X have actually become Kitt, expect most of production to be shipping to Germany, right?

It may be a bit of a Hassel(hoff) with the car not being manufactured in Berliin, but the fans should love it. :cool: