Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon and the board suddenly involved and opening all channels of communication when they need something is not a good gesture, especially after years of staying silent while we have been bombarded with fake news. Id would much prefer they shut the hell up, posted a few good ERs, then brought up another proposal. Or start with a year of publicly defending the company against the likes of Reuter with real information as opposed to some cryptic msgs and memes. Im sick and tired of the people who really are "familiar with the matter" keeping their mouth shut when we need them the most.

Im also sick and tired of being told responding to fake news makes it real. We collectively own Tesla the company. Why cant we know where the company is with respect to the cheaper models, for instance? Why do we have to wait till ER to receive any update at all? If you want to protect the company and its shareholders, maybe start with that. Seems like we shareholders ironically have the least information about the company.
What is the status of 4680 mass production?
What is the status of CT mass production?
What is the status of Semi mass production?
Why was Mexico plant put on hold?
Why did Musk cancel his India trip?
What are the long term plans for the cheaper Tesla? When is it expected to hit the market?

As always, take it with a grain of salt:

1716310618053.png

Got a link to that? What I saw was the opposite, that bicyclist death rates per mile were much higher than motorcyclists. But the data is scarce and I have spent a fair amount of time searching. Seems reasonable though-bicyclists are less predictable and are typically holding up traffic, as well as passing where not expected for drivers (right side/shoulder).

I've seen 30 - 70 fatalities per billion miles for bicycling.

For motorcycling, it's like 310 fatalities per billion miles.

The problem, of course is that "per mile" really isn't the best normalization as motorcycle riders are going to ride faster than cyclists. Per hour might be better.

Even if you just assume motorcycles are averaging double the speed of cyclists, then they definitely have 10X the death rate.

It seems the anger at @Troy is becoming unhinged. Just like in geo-politics, people are becoming too emotionally driven to rationally separate the useful contributions of a person vs the parts they vehemently disagree with.

Like, Troy's postulations on robotaxi aesthetics I could care less for.

But that means nothing to changing his credibility on estimating production and deliveries.

And people's obsession over perfection turns them agains seeing "good enough".

In the case of Troy, he's better than everyone else and shows earlier adjustments in the quarter than everyone else. To me that's "good enough" to be valuable.

As for Q2, there are already clear signs that deliveries will be flattish at best YoY, and indeed the inventory problem in Q1 was not a "supply issue".

No need to get emotionally over it like the person in the quoted tweet.

Do you think truck driver want an autonomous truck and have no future job ????
I this think is build they have mass strike everywhere

Two key points:
1) The Tesla Semi still has a driver's seat and a full suite of controls.
2) My understanding is that while being a trucker was once a very good option for making a decent living, over the years the conditions have become worse and the pay has not kept up with inflation. I would imagine that as older truckers retire, there will be fewer young folks looking to slot into those roles. There needs to be a transition at some point, so autonomous trucks will be needed eventually.

Meaning of started in English​

started

past simple and past participle of start

start
verb

US
/stɑːrt/

start verb (BEGIN)​

A1 [ I or T ]
to begin doing something

You may want to look up "ramp".
I think we’re talking about car industry, not some artisan manufacturing? Clearly Semi’s production has not yet been started. They are building prototypes by hand approximately one/month as they have for few years.

Last edited:
"Tesla's semi trucks have achieved an uptime of greater than 95%, including preventive and unscheduled maintenance." This is the key factor that will drive Tesla Semi adoption. Of all of it's many advantages (safety, acceleration, maneuverability, etc): industry-leading uptime translates into higher margins. It is a moat that ICE semis will never step to. The second most significant factor is fuel savings - can't compete against saving dollhairs.
How does 95% compare to diesel semis? I searched a bit and couldn't find a comparable number.

Two key points:
1) The Tesla Semi still has a driver's seat and a full suite of controls.
2) My understanding is that while being a trucker was once a very good option for making a decent living, over the years the conditions have become worse and the pay has not kept up with inflation. I would imagine that as older truckers retire, there will be fewer young folks looking to slot into those roles. There needs to be a transition at some point, so autonomous trucks will be needed eventually.
#2 is already happening. There is a driver shortage across the US.