Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you offered to provide a list of typed questions instead of an interview? you might have more luck that way.

Yes of course. Multiple times . Have gone thru all the proper channels, done all the things one does engaging with a company like Tesla, etc, etc etc. Not going to share details here. Suffice to say, the culture and the cult of personality create barriers, but, one accepts it, it’s part of the story, it is what it is, one deals with it, makes do, finds workarounds.

When I have news later this year I’ll parachute back in with an update. Stay tuned! Tinm out.

Have not posted since September 2020 due to moderator threats and harassment and repeated deleted posts (no doubt this will vanish too). I’m still around TMC but refuse to participate anymore because of you know who.

Been working on a Tesla book for 3 1/2 years. Seen and have learned a ton that is not widely known about many facets of the Tesla story. Bizarrely, Tesla has been completely uncooperative, lied to me since day one, they seem intent on sabotaging the project at every opportunity even though it is a very pro-EV, pro-Tesla Mission, pro-Tesla, “Pravduh” type book. Utterly unlike Higgins’ book. Elon himself has been a complete d***, toying with me for at least a year about an interview but remaining steadfastly uncooperative while granting shallow interviews with fanbois but rarely any serious journalists. So it goes. Onwards.

Love to you all (minus a few). :)
Where can we buy your book about Tesla, TMC and Elon Musk sandbagging?

Just finished Millionaire Next door and searching something to read.

Am ready for it.

‘That’s not what happened. Sales of SX dropped first, and then the elimination of the 75 kWh trim was Tesla’s response.
That's not the way I remember it. Tesla dropped the low end version and then sales dropped because the low end version was the most popular. Had they not dropped it, sales of the 75 kWh model would have dropped due to M3's lower cost.

Have not posted since September 2020 due to moderator threats and harassment and repeated deleted posts (no doubt this will vanish too). I’m still around TMC but refuse to participate anymore because of you know who.

Been working on a Tesla book for 3 1/2 years. Seen and have learned a ton that is not widely known about many facets of the Tesla story. Bizarrely, Tesla has been completely uncooperative, lied to me since day one, they seem intent on sabotaging the project at every opportunity even though it is a very pro-EV, pro-Tesla Mission, pro-Tesla, “Pravduh” type book. Utterly unlike Higgins’ book. Elon himself has been a complete d***, toying with me for at least a year about an interview but remaining steadfastly uncooperative while granting shallow interviews with fanbois but rarely any serious journalists. So it goes. Onwards.

Love to you all (minus a few). :)
I don't think calling Elon a "complete d***" will help your cause.

I know some will think this is bad news for Tesla but 2024 is a long way off. Just puts more pressure on legacy.
Apple and Hyundai-Kia pushing toward deal on Apple Car

I still think Apple is not building a car for themselves, but rather a Kia branded car that contains Apple's software (and maybe some hardware). This sounds too familiar from the TV set top box craze of the late 90s where companies like MSFT would pay $5B to a cable company just so the cable company would use MSFT's set top solution.

I still think Apple is not building a car for themselves, but rather a Kia branded car that contains Apple's software (and maybe some hardware). This sounds too familiar from the TV set top box craze of the late 90s where companies like MSFT would pay $5B to a cable company just so the cable company would use MSFT's set top solution.

Plus, KIA now has the extra production capacity since they halted domestic deliveries of their EVs due to risk of battery fires... o_O

Kona EV Fires Underline Safety of SK Innovation's Batteries

I know some will think this is bad news for Tesla but 2024 is a long way off. Just puts more pressure on legacy.

I’m thankful for this news. I can dump my AAPL 132 call option bags tomorrow.

Apple picking a weird hill to die on and will be punished severely by investors when the ROI comes out on this.

If you can’t even beat other companies at maps, search engines, and other mature software..

Good luck on the entire ev integrated hardware and software solution.

I'll be interested to see if the Roadster includes 42V and/or carbon-fiber.

Because a great way to do the Roadster would be lighter weight, lower drag, and less rolling resistance.

If they can get a lower CD than the new Model S, that would be excellent.
Elon seemed to favor 48V over 42V and he's mention an interest in it in the past as well. So I expect to see it eventually. Maybe its debut will coincide with the new bus wiring they patented. As for carbon-fiber, it sounded like there were too many issues to overcome to make it worthwhile.

Elon seemed to favor 48V over 42V and he's mention an interest in it in the past as well. So I expect to see it eventually. Maybe its debut will coincide with the new bus wiring they patented. As for carbon-fiber, it sounded like there were too many issues to overcome to make it worthwhile.

Yep, 42V was me being sloppy, and copying the post I quoted.
I'm thinking the new wiring bus. and then given that architecture, they have a new options.
They could use things like:- DC-to-DC converter - Wikipedia or have all 48V components..
Why I think DC-to-DC Converter is, data and switching is travelling over the bus, a hub plugged into the bus could have 12V connections to multiple local components.

Carbon-fiber is interesting specifically in the context of the thermal expansion problems Elon raised.
If it didn't have those problems it is a fairly logical choice, other cars have been made with carbon-fiber so it must be possible to solve those problems.

In both cases these options are more likely on the Roadster than most other models, but that doesn't mean they will happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don't think calling Elon a "complete d***" will help your cause.

I call it as I see it: that’s the cause, so it only helps.

Elon can participate or not, cooperate or not; his choice. But he doesn’t get to complain he didn’t have an opportunity to confirm/deny/clarify facts, stories, and viewpoints. He’s had three years of ample opportunity to, and has so far chosen not to. (Elon if you’re reading this my hailing frequencies remain open but I’m not gonna beg.)

Elon kind of told Sandy to not buy an early production run Tesla :confused:
"either buy it right in the beginning or when production reaches a steady state"
I mean I appreciate the honesty but not a great way for the CEO to support his product.

It was even worse than that. Sandy pushed back on even that not great statement of Elon's pointing out that Sandy's car was built last fall, well after initial production problems. Elon was forced to admit that they probably had a design change which cause quality problems all over again. Basically Tesla is always tweaking something on their cars, which is why you have random quality issues.

It is what it is with Tesla.

When GM spends $27B on the Ultium program and spends on Superbowl ads 1 year in advance of the first Ultium vehicle reaching dealership that is dedication.

In the same way that sending large checks to the IRS is evidence that we are dedicated to paying taxes!

GM will have no choice but to build EV's. The question is, how many and how soon.

My opinion is that GM is between a rock and a hard place because they weren't smart enough or aware enough to build the necessary skills and infrastructure to sell them profitably. So now they are strategizing to maximize ICE sales and the number of years they will be allowed to profitably sell ICE vehicles while they develop an EV platform they can transition to when it finally becomes impossible to sell ICE in volume. GM wants to have an ever increasing market share of the shrinking ICE market and will milk their polluting vehicles as long as their customers and the government lets them. In the interim they will pretend like their green credentials are industry leading and they are a different company than the one that killed the EV-1.

one caveat for those that have posted their opinions regarding the gm EV ad.
In order to properly form an opinion regarding the viewer you must first put yourself in their shoes.
They are just a little hammered.
They are looking at the commercials from with the idea that the commercial will be really fun to watch.
And the commercial is put out there to get people talking about EV's right then and there.

I have no real understanding of its effectiveness.

This post deserved at the very least about 20 "Oh sheeeit I really should have thought about that before I made my ******* remark."

The EV market is crawling and may begin walking soon, but Tesla is moving at warp speed.

By 2024, Tesla's competitiveness will be in another galaxy.

Not concerned about Apple at all. In fact, I don't think legacy OEMs or EV startups should worry about them either.