Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. Just when it looked like they were starting to put together a rally, someone pulled the rug out and they tumbled to a 30+ point loss. This is way too good a team to stay down for long, so loyal season ticket holders will eventually be rewarded once they break out of this slump. While the press may be quick to bash the home team, knowledgeable league insiders see them regaining their glory before season's end.

Today
Score: 630.27
Margin of W/L: -31.89
Attendance: 33,795,174

Season
Record: 27-29
Total margin in wins: 670.09
Total margin in losses: -745.49
YTD gain/loss: -75.40 -10.68%
Avg margin of victory: 24.82
Avg margin of defeat: -25.71
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 5-5
Streak: L2

Always enjoy reading these.. more so when the team wins..

If not too much trouble, including "average attendance" is a good indicator.

Big losses or big wins on low attendance are less meaningful than high attendance games.

Please everyone keep expectations in check. I have absolutely no reason to believe this company call didn't happen especially since this source was right about the refreshed S/X......but since I'm not asking details from them, it could be a situation where they're excited for things that may not make the stock move in such a drastic way.

However, they seem very....very excited. I did throw out a number of ideas of what all could have been discussed on the call(with no expectation of them confirming or denying) like Semi deliveries, 4680 battery progress ahead of schedule, big delivery numbers for 2021, etc........and their response was "Think bigger/crazier". So take that how you want 🤷‍♂️
'Keep expectations in check,' followed by 'Think bigger/crazier?'

This is like telling a six year old, 'don't get too excited, but you're going to LOVE your Christmas present.'

'Keep expectations in check,' followed by 'Think bigger/crazier?'

This is like telling a six year old, 'don't get too excited, but you're going to LOVE your Christmas present.'
Haha I’m the one saying “keep expectations in check” 😉

My source seems to have no worries about getting my expectations up haha.....but I definitely want to keep expectations in check here. I’m just relaying what I’ve been informed of but I want to see some leaks myself to really verify it’s as big of a deal as what my source is indicating

Please everyone keep expectations in check. I have absolutely no reason to believe this company call didn't happen especially since this source was right about the refreshed S/X......but since I'm not asking details from them, it could be a situation where they're excited for things that may not make the stock move in such a drastic way.

However, they seem very....very excited. I did throw out a number of ideas of what all could have been discussed on the call(with no expectation of them confirming or denying) like Semi deliveries, 4680 battery progress ahead of schedule, big delivery numbers for 2021, etc........and their response was "Think bigger/crazier". So take that how you want 🤷‍♂️
I’ve been to many such Corporate All-Hands meetings in my professional career, they always are very exciting, especially when the CEO is very charismatic. Whatever is discussed during these meetings will not impact short-term stock price, simply because they cannot give any material information that close to the end of the quarter to the whole company, because of risk of insider trading.

I’ve been to many such Corporate All-Hands meetings in my professional career, they always are very exciting, especially when the CEO is very charismatic. Whatever is discussed during these meetings will not impact short-term stock price, simply because they cannot give any material information that close to the end of the quarter to the whole company, because of risk of insider trading.

Tesla doesn’t do the usual tech company weekly/monthly all hands.

Tesla employees like many tech workers only have certain time windows to buy/sell throughout the year. Tesla absolutely isn’t in a quiet period when it comes to giving employees information about current or future performance of the company or projects within the company.

Not saying that there was or wasn’t material information on this call, but its definitely allowed

Haha I’m the one saying “keep expectations in check” 😉

My source seems to have no worries about getting my expectations up haha.....but I definitely want to keep expectations in check here. I’m just relaying what I’ve been informed of but I want to see some leaks myself to really verify it’s as big of a deal as what my source is indicating
Well well well. Sawyer Merritt is on TMC.

Had us fooled for two years.

Pffft, Elon would tweet out production numbers right now if there wasn't a sec agreement. He doesn't believe in quiet.

Reactions: printf42
Well well well. Sawyer Merritt is on TMC.

Had us fooled for two years.
Haha Let’s see if this information that there was a call gets verified from another part of the internet first otherwise I won’t bother posting any other information from this source in the future. Like someone said, if it happened, I would have to imagine it’ll get leaked somehow over the next few days

Sooo..........I'll be very curious to see if something comes out/leaks about a company-wide call in meeting that took place today.

I have a source that works at Tesla who says that it happened and was on the call (with Elon on the call of course) and their reaction was "The next 3 years are going to be wildly amazing". I'm not pressing on them on any details nor would i ever want to get them in trouble so I'm left to speculate on my own about what was in that company wide call. The call was apparently at 6-7 pm today (pacific time zone)

Energy of course!

Here's a good article and a few quotes (from July 2020): Elon Musk says Tesla Energy set to be as big as electric vehicle business

CEO Musk said: “I think long term, Tesla Energy will be roughly the same size as Tesla Automotive.

The Tesla boss added: “I can't emphasise enough. Yes, the battery and solar will both be enormous.”

If you believe Musk, and Auto revenue is growing around 50% a year, then how fast will Energy revenue have to grow to catch up in 5-10 years?

And why does the 2025 ARK forecast have ZERO energy revenue in it?

Last edited:
1616653313900.png

I subscribe to the Zero Emission Transportation Association's (ZETA) email list, of which Tesla is a founding member. This industry trade group is advocating for 100% EV sales by 2030. Today, ZETA emailed their March newsletter, saying, among other things, that they sent this lobbying letter to the White House last week.

I'm not in any way implying that this letter has anything to do with your rumor, but I've seen more headlines lately that the Biden Administration is turning its attention to infrastructure, climate change, domestic manufacturing, and restoring American jobs now that the most recent stimulus bill has passed. The next major catalyst for Tesla could be what is brewing in these future bills, which may be revealed over the next few weeks.

The world is crashing and burning at this moment from climate change and other human-induced environmental insults. Radical policy change needs to occur now to avoid catastrophic climate change. I could easily see TSLA gaining 2x this year alone from the right policies/subsidies/incentives.

So, yeah, I'm betting the next three years are going to be the biggest/craziest in Tesla's history.

Still pulling for you Mule.

But I'm having a hard time seeing value in these. 2.5 trading days left, macros working against us, MMs with incentive to keep the SP at $680 through Friday. I also expect TSLA is in a quiet period before quarter end, so I don't expect any market-moving statements the rest of the month. Still time left, but I can't help but think that @Lycanthrope (I recall he wrote $707.50c contracts) will get the better of the two sides of this trade.
Aye, he did, and he bought 23 $TSLA with the proceeds

Nevertheless, I wish Mr Ed the best with the $700's, I reckon even if we got a reversal today, or a "leaked" Elon email, it would be a tough ask to close above $700 on Friday

my preferred scenario is a $705 close with an AH rise to $750 going into next week, but I'm an eternal optimist and hard reality might just bite me in the ass again

Agreed, but Tesla manage the thermal characteristics while charging and can taper-off if things get too hot. so my point was that Tesla have improved this (along with better chemistry, of course) to such an extent that it's not an issue any more. Porsche, on the other hand, don't have that experience, and neither make their own cells and packs.

Hence Tesla can keep the 250kWh peak and batteries no longer degrade appreciably.
And we haven't seen yet, how 4680/tabless will improve charging speed.

Tesla Model 3 receives $500 price increase amid end-of-Q1 push

Tesla rolled out yet another price adjustment for the Model 3, raising the all-electric sedan’s price by $500. The price increase affects the Standard Range Plus and the Long Range Dual Motor AWD variant of the Model 3.

With the recent price adjustments in place, the Model 3 Standard Range Plus now costs $37,990, up $500 from its previous price of $37,490 before options. The Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor AWD, which previously costs $46,490, now costs $46,990 before options. The top-tier Model 3 Performance has kept its price at $55,990 before options.

Sooo..........I'll be very curious to see if something comes out/leaks about a company-wide call in meeting that took place today.

I have a source that works at Tesla who says that it happened and was on the call (with Elon on the call of course) and their reaction was "The next 3 years are going to be wildly amazing". I'm not pressing on them on any details nor would i ever want to get them in trouble so I'm left to speculate on my own about what was in that company wide call. The call was apparently at 6-7 pm today (pacific time zone)

Tesla employee Bill Wright says there's breaking news. Seems to be something about charging, an adapter, and a new app.

edit: Sounds like they're opening up the Supercharger Network to non-Tesla EV owners:

Last edited:
Tesla employee Bill Wright says there's breaking news. Seems to be something about charging, an adapter, and a new app.

https://twitter.com/BillWri90307793/with_replies
edit: Sounds like they're opening up the Supercharger Network to non-Tesla EV owners:

That would be awesome. In Europe, no adapter needed, due to the CCS cable.
I would expect a price higher than for Tesla owners, but lower than Ionity (or other competitors). It’s like free money. To paraphrase a former US president: “We’re going to expand our superchargers, and let the VW owners pay for it!”.

Here’s what my source said when I asked about this particular call you referred... “there’s something you guys (tsla investors/analysts)like to do so much. And yet somehow getting it so wrong (vs the real deal I guess) when it’s so obvious.”