Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if tsla is always so highly ranked there. From the video it’s not inferable as to whether this is new or if this is just a game of musical chairs with the same stocks
TSLA typically always lurks in the Top 5, although during the Battle of Gamestop the entirety of WSB was so overtaken by GME that nothing else was talked about for weeks.

Last year, a pretty decent number of people on WSB made their fortunes on TSLA but then moved on to other things but it's still pretty popular there.

Shouldn't you be drinking their anejo if you want to recreate the Teslaquila but don't want to splurge for it?

Oh, and to keep it on topic, you should definitely splurge for the Tesla branded tequila! ;)
Hmm - yeah I'm being too frugal considering TSLA's generous gifts to us /me so far - well, so OK I will get a sample of anejo & *the* Teslaquila at its next release.. will need to be on the lookout for a good celebratory occasion /reunion. Like when Telsa produces its 1,000,000 th car, wait, has it done it already .. or the SP blows past $1,000 ...
BUT if anyone has tested all three already, would love to hear their tasting notes.

Come on everyone. Endeavor is a much bigger company than UFC or Miss Universe. Read the S-1 if you're curious: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1766363/000119312521102184/d67085ds1.htm#rom67085_4

This is nothing more than Endeavor and Ari Emmanuel getting a high profile experienced, public company director for its IPO. Elon likes it because he gets to schmooze with power players in Hollywood. Nothing new there - that schmoozing has long been Elon's thing.

I liked this comment until the snark about Elon wanting to schmooze in Hollywood. That claim is almost as oversimplified, IMO, as speculation that he wants to reform a beauty pageant (which sounds low on his priority list).

Yes, Endeavor Group is a helluva lot more than "owner of UFC and Miss Universe contest," despite a CNBC headline describing it as that. Endeavor's Expertise webpage and Network webpage are too long to show here, but its Social Responsibility page says:

"With one of the largest cultural footprints in the world, we have the unique ability to influence perception, frame collective understanding and inspire change. Born from this responsibility, we launched Endeavor Impact, our company-wide commitment to equality, democracy, inclusion and sustainability."

Even the CNBC article describes Endeavor as "a media and entertainment conglomerate." The article also says:

"The Emanuel family has a history of working with Musk. Ari Emanuel was an early proponent of Tesla, putting down a reservation for the company’s first production vehicle, the original Roadster. His siblings include Chicago’s 55th Mayor, Rahm Emanuel, whose administration gave a big contract to Musk’s The Boring Company in 2018."

So I recommend reading beyond the headlines before "putting together puzzle pieces" about why Elon does what he does... or dismissing it as vanity.

Last edited:
According to my stock app TSLA high was only $692 today—did you mistype, or is my app wrong? What do others show?
Good catch! my bad, indeed it was executed @690, not sure why I typed 699, typo or Tequilla induced keyboard sloppiness. My 1/22 1250 calls were bought a bit sloppily, @43.60 12:57 PM EST. Now the question is when to sell, I'm no expert in options, and just sort of eyeballed it
I'm pretty sure it'll be up by at least 20% before then, considering all I've seen, and since it's in a non taxable account I could swing trade it.

OR have the guts to follow on what I believe, sell more stonk at whatever current price and get some DITM leaps

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: joh01652

For refreshment purposes only. The page is not yet up. Please don't downvote me.
According to a tweet from MarcoRp release tomorrow around 12:20 EST - not sure how reliable this information, but he's a serious Tesla fan ..and doesn't look like an April 1st joke
1617336412018.png

The ability to separate signal from noise is the basis of investing in TSLA. I do all that I can to employ the tenets of the scientific method.

According to a tweet from MarcoRp release tomorrow around 12:20 EST - not sure how reliable this information, but he's a serious Tesla fan ..and doesn't look like an April 1st joke View attachment 650156

I think you are linking their tweet to the P&D release, but I don't think that is the case. Their big thing is Supercharger install tracking, and they mentioned something about California. So my guess it is something about a large Supercharger installation.

The ability to separate signal from noise is the basis of investing in TSLA. I do all that I can to employ the tenets of the scientific method.

Re EPA purging Trump admin science advisors, waiting now for same to happen at DOE, who famously mothballed that electricity grid proposal that would have modernized the power grid and saved billions for consumers while reducing emissions
In E Musk better management fashion any administrator, politically appointed or not would be held responsible for bad decisions /work. That's an interesting point I read in Eric Berger's Liftoff book on SpaceX about Elon. And it's also perfectly logical/ sensible. Economic crimes should be punished - like manslaughter (voluntary much worse than involuntary etc).

I frequently gave MS rides to my teenager's friends for their out-of-school activities. Now that they can legally drive on their own, ***THREE*** of them drive M3 or MY. Kids know what is the future and they want it.

(There is still one boy left who keep insisting Mustang is "better".)
Like the Ford Mach-E Mustang?

It's slower than a 3SR.

Makes more sense if it was the
"Hasbro My-Little-Pony Compliance Mobile"

TSLA typically always lurks in the Top 5, although during the Battle of Gamestop the entirety of WSB was so overtaken by GME that nothing else was talked about for weeks.

Last year, a pretty decent number of people on WSB made their fortunes on TSLA but then moved on to other things but it's still pretty popular there.
While there are other factors that can explain Tesla's price recent drop (Macros/FUD in particular), I wonder if the loss of WSB attention on Tesla due to GME sucking all the air out of the room had any impact on value.

A lot of retail investing attention is driven by WSB conversations.

No, Giga Texas already has a bty cell making facility under construction. They'll be ready to make 4680s in Austin at the same time as the first vehicle is ready to go.

View attachment 650066

Fremont Kato Roadrunner is ~10GWh/yr capacity. That's enough for about ~100K Models S/X, which is the planned capacity of the new line with 2 shifts, per Elon. Compare vs Fremont:

View attachment 650067

Have to quibble slightly with Joe's comment that Giga Texas will have 2.5x the capacity of Kato Roadrunner: there will be exactly 1 prototype line at Kato Rd, and Tesla says each production line will have 20 GWh/yr capacity. So my quibble is that you can't have 2.5 lines: it's always an integer multiple of the base number as you add more duplicate lines. IE: you could have 2 lines or 3 lines, but not 2.5 lines.

So, since the nameplate capacity is larger for the production bty lines, let's say Austin will have 2 bty lines (not 3) in the space allocated above. So that's 2x20GWh/yr capacity, enough for 500K Models Y if each comes with an 80KWh pack (which is what is shipping now from Fremont with 2170s). And that's exactly how many you'd get from a 10K/week GA line for Model Y. Book 'em!

Giga Texas has 4 square miles of land in its boundries. TX gonna git big, Bigger, BIGGEST... :D

Cheers!
I agree the cell manufacturing section is likely to have two lines. This is based on nothing more than the foundation layout where there are two identical sections for heavy foundations, which presumably are for heavy components in each line.

If the two lines are producing just enough cells for projected Model Y volume it does open up the question around where CyberTruck cells will be manufactured. There's a couple of options:
  • Presumably some of the land clearing in the rest of the site will be for additional cell lines and we will see a second cell plant go up in short order. This would make sense if scaled semi production is also going to be in Austin.
  • Early years will split cells between Y/CT and have less than the 500k/yr Y output until separate cell manufacturing lines come on board.
  • Once Berlin has cell manufacturing up and running, Kato road cells will be diverted to Austin. Although 20GWh/yr doesn't make that many cybertrucks.
  • 3rd party cell production.

Once Berlin has cell manufacturing up and running, Kato road cells will be diverted to Austin
I think the Kato Roadrunner 4680s cells will go to Plaid+ in Fremont once Berlin has their own local supply of cells.

However, this does raise the interesting question of whether the Plaid Cybertruck will use 4680s. I think the answer must be yes, since Austin-made Models Y will start with those cells.

It seems obvious then that each new "modular" factory line added at Giga Texas will include its own bty cell manufacturing capability, sized appropriately for the capacity of the GA line. Cybertruck, then Semi, then we'll see what's next...

I'm hoping for a North American Model 2 line. I'd lust after a $25K 'hot-hatch' with FSD. Especially with those "million-mile" LFP cells. Seems eminently practical, and profitably lendable. "Make dough while you sleep". Great for cities; better for Robotaxis. :D

Cheers!

Last edited: