Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A reading from the book of TSLA, chapter 4, page 20, verse 69...

View attachment 653231and the MMs saw the production and spake that it was good.
It was decreed that 700 would be the number and the number would be 700
695 would be acceptable whilst proceeding to 700
705 would mean thou must return to 700.
800 would be right out.
This was the word of the markets...
FTFY ;)

You could not be more wrong. Whoever gets lucky will be very lucky. There's a huge financial difference.
For some of us it's more stubbornness than luck... hopefully some of these will be big winners :p

1618256606728.png

Finally. Many quarters ago I sold SolarEdge, because Tesla had said they would do inverters.
(Conference call ... we will do inverters, inverter already in car blah blah ...)

Last edited:
Very cool video of Dave interviewing Quad Squad member Randy.

Dave went to visit the site to try out his drone and met Randy. @DaveT , were you aware of the Quad Squad prior to this?

I watch and appreciate most of Daves videos but for this one it was pretty obvious he was out of his regular element. Didn't know relevant questions to steer the conversations along. Randy did a fine job describing the videos but got little help.

If you find the hundreds of Austin youtube videos available overwhelming I suggest picking one every month or so from the start. They all film well but I would suggest Joe Tegtmeyers mainly because he often starts with a few minutes of commentary.

I watch and appreciate most of Daves videos but for this one it was pretty obvious he was out of his regular element. Didn't know relevant questions to steer the conversations along. Randy did a fine job describing the videos but got little help.

If you find the hundreds of Austin youtube videos available overwhelming I suggest picking one every month or so from the start. They all film well but I would suggest Joe Tegtmeyers mainly because he often starts with a few minutes of commentary.
Yep. Joe and Randy have great opening commentary for each video. So good that you can skip the rest of the video if pressed for time (which I am not :) ). Jeff has by far the most beautiful videos. Jack doesn't post very often but has great stuff.

I specifically try to post Joe's videos with monthly recaps in this thread plus others from all members with unusual content or that mark a significant event.

All I'm saying is this settlement benefits Tesla even if Tesla doesn't get a single battery from SK's production. Tesla is not the one that will be paying a royalty (or settlement) to LG and now LG will have more money to invest in, you guessed it, even more battery production. More batteries allows Tesla to expand EV and energy production beyond what they could have without more batteries. This settlement adds batteries to the market in more ways than one. It will be at least a decade before there are enough batteries to satisfy all market needs. People who think about this in terms of protecting Tesla's market for batteries (or EV's for that matter) are thinking too small and too conventionally.

You can't stop an idea whose time has come but it can be slowed down by physical constraints. This removes one more brick from the wall that is blocking faster progress.
LG has a lot of time on their hands now that they've exited the Smartphone portion of their business :)

Noteworthy Monday Option Activity: EGHT, TSLA, STNE | Nasdaq.com

"Tesla Inc (Symbol: TSLA) options are showing a volume of 791,273 contracts thus far today. That number of contracts represents approximately 79.1 million underlying shares, working out to a sizeable 237.2% of TSLA's average daily trading volume over the past month, of 33.4 million shares. Particularly high volume was seen for the $700 strike call option expiring April 16, 2021, with 84,676 contracts (Ed. updated 4:15 pm) trading so far today"​

700.00 Strike Call Trading History:

ServletCharts.TSLA.2021-01-16.700c.TradingHistory.png

As of the Apr 9 Close , total Open Interest for Apr 16 was over 650K contracts. We don't see such a crowded Options trade again until Friday, Jun 18, 2021 (930K open contracts expiring).

Cheers!

Last edited:

Let the fomo buying begin!
I was playing around a few weeks ago and noticed that sometimes I received a, "command not implemented, yet" message instead of the standard command not understood. Guessing there are more commands not found, yet

• Informative
Reactions: AimStellar