Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the SP at $780 this morning, MMs stood to payout an extra $384M in Options contracts expiring in 2 days.

With the SP at $732 by the Close, MM's payout stood at just $19M extra vs. their minimum payout (MaxPain 715).

I'd say that's +$365M for a hard day's shorting by MMs. Free money.

View attachment 653825
If everyone buy shares and puts, tsla will be worth infinity. Calls should be burned with fire.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
Subscription service starting in May, as previously posted. For me, this is super exciting.

1. It’s got to do wonders for the stock
2. I don’t have FSD as I’ve got it locked into my reserved Teslas and not throwing the money away to have it now versus next year. I’ll be excited to follow along in the progression of abilities. Wonder what they’ll do with the 2.5 computer in my 3. Hmmm

I've been discussing cars with some taycan owners and people waiting for one and... omg. Its like a reality distortion field around these people. The Taycan MUST be better than the model S because... I dunno... reasons?
I'm told very clearly by them that the taycan is the same spec but you get a much higher quality car for a bit more money.... when the specs are not VAGUELY comparable (the taycan is laughably inferior in many metrics), the taycan has no supercharger network, and no OTA updates, and the price is stupidly higher...
And when i point out the vast difference in top spec WLTP ranges, I am assured that it is 'common knowledge by everyone' that tesla overstates their range and porsche understate it...
the WLTP figures...
MUST be wrong!

And if they are wrong, it must be tesla who lie, and porsche (part of the VAG mess who should be imprisoned for lying about dieselgate) who are just being super chivalrous and modest and understating...

What drugs are people on that they swallow all this? honestly feel sorry for people whose blind hatred (i suspect mostly jealousy) of Elon Musk is so strong that they believe all this crap. If this is the kind of lies and hand-wavey nonsense that people are having to resort to in order to buy a taycan, it makes me think the plaid is going to absolutely vaporize the profits of the 'luxury' car makers. Its going to cost a LOT of media-bribes to get people to keep parroting this FUD.
This is a good thing, really. Good for Tesla, and for TSLA hodlers.

It is okay if some (many) folks aren't considering a Tesla because of some FUD they were exposed to. Here's why that's okay:

1) There aren't enough cars coming off the production lines to accommodate everyone who figures it out and gets past the FUD.

2) Eventually there will be enough cars, and then, these people will have figured it out and will want to trade their Taycan (insert any other EV here) for a Tesla.

3) Beyond that, FSD well eventually complete the march of 9s and become the standard, making the need for people who can't or won't base their decisions on fact a catalyst for their wanting a car they don't have to drive at all. Heck, they won't have to own it at all. Perfect. We don't want some/many of those people behind the wheel anyway. Am I right?

So, it is really okay. Just think of their perspective, based upon emotion and FUD, as a sort of IQ test, nod, and walk away. :rolleyes:

Not to belabor this stuff too much, but apparently Elon made a joke response to Ford's CEO (Jim Farley) with a Chris Farley... Who was Jim's cousin...

The world according to Lora K:

Falsely implying that Tesla doesn't test their software before release = "friendly brand competition"
Posting an obvious joke = "messed up"

Lying is friendly, joking is deplorable, Orwell is pirouetting in his grave. Has Lora heard of Orwell?

FSD is a thing you can buy right now. (and has been for years)

The subscription gives you that thing on a subscription basis.

No button needed.

Now, it won't make much sense for EAP owners to get it (other than maybe HW3 depending on the terms).... but for basic AP owners FSD adds a bunch of features right now, today.... autopark, summon both basic and advanced, NoA, auto lane changes, stop sign/light response, etc...
Yeah let's check out all the positive headlines I'm sure will follow after Tesla release a FSD subscription service more expensive than expected and FSD is not even out.

Reactions: FireMedic
Navigate on Autopilot (limited access highways) is high confidence. Autopilot for city streets is not. So subscription gives you the former.
Hopefully it's tiered as in there's eap sub only or else no one subscribes to software in a preorder fashion. Subscription should give you everything you paid for, not for anything coming out in the future.

I don't really get your point, TBH, but I think we both, and pretty much everyone who reads this, will agree that the US dealer model sucks

MSRP is Manufactures Suggested Retail Price. Not a fixed price.

It is no more unethical for a dealer to demand a premium on MSRP than a customer to demand a discount on MSRP.

It’s not bad enough that the media takes pot shots at Tesla, and more so at Elon, now “Big Auto” has joined the fray. Not surprised at all. Desperate times call for desperate (read: despicable) measures.

They’ve lost the game and they know it. They can’t keep the sleeping giant down with FUD, no matter how hard they try. They are the Lilliputians.

BB42AC11-BEE3-483A-A455-1B2CDF010395.jpeg

ARK Sold

14ARKK04/14/2021SellTSLA88160R101TESLA INC
185,712​
0.5531​
24ARKW04/14/2021SellTSLA88160R101TESLA INC
57,043​
0.5881​

Ey-XUGYVEAIoO-4

Just speculation here, but assuming ARK sold at today's midpoint of ~$755 (daily range $728-$780), it's possible ARK took the opportunity to scale its TSLA weighting in ARKK & ARKW back closer to 10% while redeploying that capital into shares of Coinbase.

ARKK - 185,712 shares * $755 = $140,212,560​
ARKW - 57,043 shares * $755 = $43,067,465​

Those who follow Cathie/ARK closely "knew" ARK would be all over Coinbase once it became public.

Further, Cathie has consistently stated that when ARK's market outlook is positive, ARK deploys its capital across a broader number of names, whereas when ARK's market outlook is negative, ARK reduces exposure to its lower conviction holdings in favor of buying the dips and re-concentrating in its highest conviction names, eg Tesla.

Ey-XUGYVEAIoO-4

Just speculation here, but assuming ARK sold at today's midpoint of ~$755 (daily range $728-$780), it's possible ARK took the opportunity to scale its TSLA weighting in ARKK & ARKW back closer to 10% while redeploying that capital into shares of Coinbase.

ARKK - 185,712 shares * $755 = $140,212,560​
ARKW - 57,043 shares * $755 = $43,067,465​

Those who follow Cathie/ARK closely "knew" ARK would be all over Coinbase once it became public.

Further, Cathie has consistently stated that when ARK's market outlook is positive, ARK deploys its capital across a broader number of names, whereas when ARK's market outlook is negative, ARK reduces exposure to its lower conviction holdings in favor of buying the dips and re-concentrating in its highest conviction names, eg Tesla.
Wow ARK, I bailed on COIN quick once I saw frenzy wasn’t materializing. They really must have lost some serious dough!
I’ll be shocked if COIN goes back above 381 anytime soon. I’m sticking with TSLA. :cool:

I've been discussing cars with some taycan owners and people waiting for one and... omg. Its like a reality distortion field around these people. The Taycan MUST be better than the model S because... I dunno... reasons?
I'm told very clearly by them that the taycan is the same spec but you get a much higher quality car for a bit more money.... when the specs are not VAGUELY comparable (the taycan is laughably inferior in many metrics), the taycan has no supercharger network, and no OTA updates, and the price is stupidly higher...
And when i point out the vast difference in top spec WLTP ranges, I am assured that it is 'common knowledge by everyone' that tesla overstates their range and porsche understate it...
the WLTP figures...
MUST be wrong!

And if they are wrong, it must be tesla who lie, and porsche (part of the VAG mess who should be imprisoned for lying about dieselgate) who are just being super chivalrous and modest and understating...

What drugs are people on that they swallow all this? honestly feel sorry for people whose blind hatred (i suspect mostly jealousy) of Elon Musk is so strong that they believe all this crap. If this is the kind of lies and hand-wavey nonsense that people are having to resort to in order to buy a taycan, it makes me think the plaid is going to absolutely vaporize the profits of the 'luxury' car makers. Its going to cost a LOT of media-bribes to get people to keep parroting this FUD.
I had a woman tell me she was going to buy a Rivian and another tell me her husband was buying a Taycan. I told them both the same thing I tell anyone who intends to buy some other EV than a Tesla: “Any EV is good EV."

Nobody wants to hear arguments against the car they want or have decided to buy. I try to only volunteer them if the car in question is an ICE car.

I had a woman tell me she was going to buy a Rivian and another tell me her husband was buying a Taycan. I told them both the same thing I tell anyone who intends to buy some other EV than a Tesla: “Any EV is good EV."

Nobody wants to hear arguments against the car they want or have decided to buy. I try to only volunteer them if the car in question is an ICE car.
Tesla doesn't have the features they find important, which is exclusivity.

Yeah let's check out all the positive headlines I'm sure will follow after Tesla release a FSD subscription service more expensive than expected and FSD is not even out.
Who needs headlines?

I can't wait to read the reaction of the naive folks on this forum who think the FSD subscription price will be ~$99/month (or anything remotely close).

My salty, buttery popcorn is ready for the show!

Reactions: S3XY and MP3Mike