Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that the improved margins are due in large part to the integration of the casting machines. More of that coming :).
Certainly that is a part of it.Nobody has yet points out that 90% of Shanghai production is locally sourced. That is an even greater margin contributor than is the giant casts. Consider cells alone. Then think of all the other, more labor intensive items from seats to motor components to steel and aluminum. Almost every component is less expensive to source than is Fremont or Sparks.

We are entering a virtuous cycle though the precise components are not yet known.

SP moving pretty steadily in the upward direction for the last 20 minutes or so since it bottomed out.
Sell synthetic shares, depress price, buy real shares, make money? Nice gig.

If physics worked like that, we'd be colonizing Alpha Centauri.

Maybe this is weighing on $TSLA, many thought Toyota were teaming up with Tesla, instead they piss $550M down the drain on Waymo 😅

View attachment 657228

I keep circling back to this. I feel sorry for Toyota, however maybe they have a use/need locally.

Along with Waymo CEO leaving etc... I feel like this Automation Tech is so far over Exec heads that a Gantt Chart and a Test Drive just brings funding with ease. So much of this trading around, I can't keep track. Maybe Intel will make the chips, who knows.

Here's a thought... the Automobile finally became "Auto" with FSD. How did they know about FSD back then? (I'll post that question on SAY next time.)

This graphic is my favourite part. It is astounding how many people commenting on Tesla do not understand this. I intend to save this and post it whenever I see no demand comments.

I really liked this too, and thought about it a bit more and legitimately wondered if the "EV" slice is existing owners upgrading to new Teslas? The graph doesn't indicate if this is the case and with the share price runup, it can't be a trivial number of owners upgrading.

Reactions: MD70 and mekberg
The one thing that stands out to me as a question mark is the Bitcoin sale.

OK, we made a 100 Million. Great.

Is TSLA a trading house now? I understand the hedging and really thought the idea was to HODL to counteract effects of fiat devaluation. But now they are selling for profit. OK, Why? Are there allocations they are sticking to? This would be OK... but otherwise what? It went high so we sold? And if it goes low again we will buy? And isn't that how allocations work?

Would rather not become a crypto trading house, but if you must, then go whole hog and set up the TESLA CRYPTO EXCHANGE. Yeah, baby! Bitcoin Billionaire!

No, not really. Want to stick to the mission.

I keep circling back to this. I feel sorry for Toyota, however maybe they have a use/need locally.

Along with Waymo CEO leaving etc... I feel like this Automation Tech is so far over Exec heads that a Gantt Chart and a Test Drive just brings funding with ease. So much of this trading around, I can't keep track. Maybe Intel will make the chips, who knows.

Here's a thought... the Automobile finally became "Auto" with FSD. How did they know about FSD back then? (I'll post that question on SAY next time.)
(Auto as is 'by itself', as in without external moving force, such as a horse. So, rightfully FSD cars would be auto-auto, or auto squared)

Reactions: Christine69420