Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally I would agree. But, given overall inflation, crypto hedging kind of makes sense. And yes, don't overdo trading. On the other hand, I guess Tesla in general and Zach specifically has the bandwidth to set a probable range for crypto, and buy/sell minor portions when the range is exceeded to either side.

No it doesn't. You hedge against inflation with TIPS, or if you're feeling frisky then swaps, maybe of the x-currency type. Investing in crypto doesn't hedge against anything, there's no correlation to any other type of trading.

Complete guess, but I do wonder if Model S/X delays could have something to do with this:

In Q1, we were able to navigate through global chip supply shortage issues in part by pivoting extremely quickly to new microcontrollers, while simultaneously developing firmware for new chips made by new suppliers.
Could it be the case that S and X is an older platform than 3 and Y, so that the pivot is therefore harder? Possible, but not likely.
My guess is a) the yoke faced regulatory trouble or b) structural battery pack.
b) would be fantastic, if that is the case, I don't mind the delay.

Not much love for the cybertruck in the report. I predict zero cybertrucks delivered this year.

They even call Austin a Model Y factory
At first I thought that maybe some final editor copied the title from that equipment shot for the Model Y in Texas. Makes me wonder now.

On a related note, the shot of the Stamping Press in Berlin has 2 red robots on the end. When I did the tour a couple years back, those were 2 people standing there. I'd love to see that thing sort panels into a cart. Is this new? (I can't wait to visit all the factories actually! I could sleep there too.)

This is exactly what's driving margins up. The Machine that builds the Machine is getting much better people.

1619472423642.png

Normally I would agree. But, given overall inflation, crypto hedging kind of makes sense. And yes, don't overdo trading. On the other hand, I guess Tesla in general and Zach specifically has the bandwidth to set a probable range for crypto, and buy/sell minor portions when the range is exceeded to either side.

I have a scenario which I have been pounding for a while, which is somehow related to this discussion.

Let's say Tesla did a raise, like they did last year at 5 billion, and the stock dropped 40% subsequently, and Tesla spent half of 5 billion to do a buy back, all within a couple of quarters

How would you as an investor view this? How would the market view this?

I think I will be happy, both for Tesla and for myself.

Reactions: FireMedic
Even if you give TSLAQ the benefit of doubt re: regulatory credits, the dumdums can't figure out a trend when it's screaming at you.

How are these lemmings so up their own backside to not realize it will flip over as soon as revenues eek out from the capacity expansions in the next 9-12 months?

View attachment 657266
Tesla competitors paid Tesla $518MM to build new Tesla factories to build new Tesla's to take more sales away from Tesla competitors.

They spent c.$1.2b on BTC, made a profit of c.$100m and ended the quarter at c.$1.3b (without being allowed to reval upwards) - That implies that they were paid in BTC for vehicles to the order of c.$300m (assuming the $100m difference in cash paid and EoQ balance, plus 100% gain on sold BTC). Not much out of $9b total revenue, but still a nice little earner.
Yeah, unless that secret bitcoin founder celebrated by buying 1.500 roadsters for his internet trolls, and prepaid all of them, that did not happen.

Payment with bitcoin was open for less than a week in Q1. That would be 6,000 regular cars or so. That would be around half the cars sold in a week.

Don't know what it is but there is a much more likely explanation for that.

SpaceX is gearing up for an imminent static fire test of starship SN15 *right now*. AT the same time as Elon prepares for an investor call. This is nuts. I bet he i learning his lines for SNL right now, while he has one eye on his phone watching the spacex test and one ear listening out for when tesla need him to answer questions. How does any single person do all this?

SpaceX is gearing up for an imminent static fire test of starship SN15 *right now*. AT the same time as Elon prepares for an investor call. This is nuts. I bet he i learning his lines for SNL right now, while he has one eye on his phone watching the spacex test and one ear listening out for when tesla need him to answer questions. How does any single person do all this?
OT: Do not reply. Bezos wants to overturn the HLN award to SpaceX.

Discuss here: NASA selects SpaceX Starship system to land on moon

Again, please do not reply.