Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whelp, I didn't try to catch this falling knife. I did watch it fall and embed itself squarely in my foot though. When we come back up it's going to be bumpy with people selling hard at every major milestone IMO.
Pretty sure at this point Warren Redlich shouldn't be taken seriously for anything.

That's a ridiculous take. AP is 10X safer WITH A HUMAN IN THE SEAT.

Tut tut @StealthP3D, perhaps not the most constructive attitude, is it? Plucking up nodules with a floating robot and sending them up a hose like a vacuum cleaner is a clever idea in a needful area.

Yes, that idea has been floating around for years. I'm not convinced the idea to lift the nodules with bubbles is energy efficient on a large scale. The pressures and volume of air required will take a lot of energy and I can't help but think there might be a better, unexplored method and they are just rushing in without considering there might be a more efficient method. I hope it works efficiently and they are successful.

As to constructive, it is an investors job to be skeptical and I don't have time to do a deep dive into all possible investments. I miss a lot of them but, guess what? It's been working splendidly for me for over 30 years so I'm going to keep being skeptical. A lot of investment capital is thrown down the tube from a lack of healthy skepticism, I'm just pointing out the areas that I would follow up on for other potential investors. I did make it clear my comments were based on a very cursory look and there is absolutely nothing wrong with communicating potential concerns for further research.

The couple behind the solar yacht company Silent Yachts outsourced the marine architecture and boat building, IIRC.

While it is true that the would be nodule collectors may need to bring aboard some further expertise on the engineering side and, likely, the money side, that is doable. Another response might be:

Great direction! I love, love the low impact plucking of the nodules.

The hose to raise the nodules seems like the weak link, at least out of the gate. It seems failure prone and costly to develop and to deploy, especially if you’re talking miles beneath the surface.

Since you’re developing the buoyant plucking robot, why not develop a second type of robot to ferry the nodules to a collector ship (or submarine)?

The multiple robots approach may give you better ability to scale from a tiny operation to a small to middling size operation while you prove out your approach—potentially adding the hose later. You’d also spread the failure risks across multiple units reducing the chance of a complete shutdown of the system if the hose fails.

The solar energy collection at the surface may help with the energy economics.

Perhaps they thought this through or perhaps not, but at least this approach engages folks, whereas what may be taken as "Pshaww" is off-putting.

Why is this relevant to Tesla and tech investors? We are living through an era of accelerating innovation. An open and encouraging, if critical, attitude towards innovative ideas will stand the investor in good stead.

I disagree that it's better to be "positive" than "negative". More investment capital has been wasted by not being critical enough. That's capital that could have accelerated the winning solution. A real shame.

I always start negative and, as I research I may find my concerns were unwarranted. That's great! But, if I begin the process all cheerio-O, A-OK, sounds awesome, well, that doesn't really provide a good starting point for more serious research.

If you find that off-putting that's fine with me, everyone doesn't have to bend to your preferred style of analyzing investment opportunities.

• Informative
Reactions: Rb48888
Well, I didnt buy stock, but doing my part for Q2/Q3. Likely our model 3 is totaled (we're all fine), so I went ahead and dropped $100 to get in line for a Y.

model y confirm.png

All the QQQs are below the lower BB.

This would indicate a bounce tomorrow, no?

Honestly, the inflation prints are not a left field surprise to anyone, so I would think that the action tomorrow should retrace some of what happened today.

Also the close was off the lows of the day.
I agree, I think we are at a low

There must be lots of people with a big TSLA related tax bill right now - I've bought another 300 shares over the past week with my tax bill money. I have a couple of months to work out where to get the money from before the tax man in Spain comes knocking. Dont worry, I have lots of options :)

Guys, we should all chill out over the FUD, it doesnt matter! When we buy a share in Tesla, we are buying a share of the company, the only thing you have to worry about is at what price you would like to buy more shares, and at what price you would like to sell. The rest is just waiting and enjoying the ride!