Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone was wondering, it looks to me like "Reaction Score" is equal to 2*Helpful + 2*Informative + Like + Love + Funny - Disagree. Playing with numbers in a spreadsheet, that's how it worked out for me
Iā€™ll give you a "helpful" for that. I'm trying to get my reaction/post score to 15:1. I need to be more helpful and less funny.

Last edited:
Iā€™ll give you a "helpful" for that. I'm trying to get my reaction/post score to 15:1. I need to be more helpful and less funny.

it triggered my OCD that it wasn't just a sum like "reactions received" and I had to figure out what the formula was. I figure there must be one other nutcase like me who was wondering the same thing.

They can't bring them back until they're each sold.

The vehicle must be OUTSIDE Texas both before any purchase begins as well as until the sale is completed... it's not like they just have to leave the state for 5 seconds and turn around.

I suppose they can do holding lots and swap specific vehicles on/off trucks... unload the new ones, load up the ones that have sold since they were dropped off, kinda thing though.

I doubt it will come to this but you have greatly under-estimated what Elon can do with lawyers and a little bit of technology.

The purchase/sale agreement would be structured (if it comes to this) such that it is contingent upon Tesla locating a matching vehicle out of state, upon which time the purchase sale agreement becomes valid and is instantly executed. Until that point there is no specific vehicle for sale contemplated in the purchase sale agreement. The trucks could merely cross state lines, wireless notify Tesla headquarters that suitable vehicles have been located out of state (and transmit the vin numbers) which will trigger the purchase/sale agreements to be executed so the driver can immediately turn around and deliver the vehicles.

Texas would need to pass new laws to prevent any decent contract lawyer from being able to structure the sale this way (and even I don't think Texas lawmakers are that stupid).

I will be surprised if the legislature fixes this before 2030. The dealers lobby is as powerful as ever. There are car dealers everywhere, and they work the legislators. As their market share falls, there motivation to fight doesn't. Creating difficulty and extra expense for Tesla makes it worthwhile. And Tesla doesn't have interests throughout the state. They are focused in Austin which is unrepresentative of the state, and there's also SpaceX down in a sparsely populated area. And there's the oil lobby as well.

Once Tesla demonstrates how easily they can legally circumvent the law, Texas lawmakers will fix the problem. Because doubling down and making the law more restrictive to prevent such Tesla sales would be political suicide.

I think thereā€™s an element of 4D chess that we might be forgetting, even in the unlikely event that the Texas dealer law doesnā€™t change.

Itā€™s called FSD. Imagine a platooned convoy of 10,000 driverless Cybertrucks driving 5 feet over the closest neighboring state line, awaiting payment notification, and then driving back to Giga Texas or better yet, driving themselves directly to their driveways of their owners.

All fully charged before they leave using the solar on the Giga Texas roof.

The media coverage alone would be enough to have the law changed overnight.

Once Tesla demonstrates how easily they can legally circumvent the law, Texas lawmakers will fix the problem. Because doubling down and making the law more restrictive to prevent such Tesla sales would be political suicide.
The wise course would be to not attempt to be more restrictive, but after seeing what's happening with voting rights, I don't have a lot of faith.

I was thinking the other day he should have better security than the president. Heā€™s much more valuable to the country and to the world. It would be in our countries best interest to pay for his security. I wonder how Bernie would feel about that.
He has great security. I realize I'm necromancing a very old and basically OT post but if you recall, part of the drama between him and Amber Heard while she was still with Johnny D related to Elon meeting with her and then offering her security via text later. He's always had a lock on that.

@Curt Renz or someone who understands this. Not my choice of words - just copying info from tweet for any that can't view it.

I haven't seen this posted:-
HOLY BREAKING NEWS: SEC JUST APPROVED SR-OCC-2021-003 What this is: Obligation to Reconcile Activity on a Regular Basis. The "You're gonna report your risk daily now, you little" Rule. It's all coming together! $amc $gme #amc #gme #AMC500k #AMCSqueeze #GMESQUEEZE

initial Minimum Corporate Contribution at such a level that OCCā€™s total skin-in-the-game (i.e., the sum of the Minimum Corporate Contribution and OCCā€™s current EDCP Unvested Balance) would equal 25 percent of OCCā€™s Target Capital Requirement
Is this the impact for the strong close. SR-OCC-2021-004 passed and SR-OCC-2021-002 is supposed to be the next card to fall. I hope these are signs the SEC is stepping up to create more Transparency in the market. Any input from more experienced members would be appreciated. Not surprised the media is silent on this.

It was a warning shot fired at the shortzes and hedgies.

Just like a fine Australian table wine, the message is: "Be ware".

EDIT: and dey still shortin' A/Hrs (already 1.112M shares traded by 5:00 pm)
Can you say zig-zag? Jebus, it's not even EARNINGS Day! :p

View attachment 666968

Shortzes never quit. They have to be crushed and thrown from the train.

Cheers to the Longs!
For those that didn't catch the Monty Python reference...

I do not know enough to call why, but I agree. It was market manipulation. only 25 million shares traded all day, yet 3 million in the last ten minutes. Today's movement was put into play around 11:30 AM. Purchasing dried up. the stock however stayed on an even course, and then "to da moon." None of today makes sense if the game was not fixed.
ETF addition via MOC order? do not attribute malice where stupidity (or in this case fund regulations) is a sufficient explanation

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
Yeah, I actually donā€™t think Tesla will do that. Hereā€™s how it plays out:

Texas resident orders car, Tesla texts/calls and says we canā€™t sell you a car. Youā€™ll have to wait until we put some cars ā€˜on a lot at one of our stores out of stateā€™ (which is what they do now) and purchase it there, or you can pay to have a car shipped to you from out of state. No out of pocket expense for Tesla.

Or...and this is what I think Tesla should do; sell DIRECTLY to as many Texans as possible. Indeed, make a HUGE, PUBLIC display. Break every auto/dealer law, get sued by the Texas Dealerships, plaster the stupidity of it all on front page news, have Texans protest publicly and shame the legislators and whomever else wants to stand up and defend an archaic, ridiculous, anti-free market, et al law.
I disagree. Breaking the law is not a decent way to go forward. Apart from that, Musk being seen as above the law will not help either, on a much scale wider than Texas. He is already under a magnifying glass.

Tesla could raise awareness in various different ways, and stick it to the dealers. By way of example: until the next session, there could a $100 discount item on the order invoice for Texans labeled: reward for screwing obligatory dealerships that limit customer freedom of choice. Buyers will show that/tell about that to all their friends and families. Carefully chosen stunts would garner publicity and goodwill.

...Musk being seen as above the law will not help either, on a much scale wider than Texas. He is already under a magnifying glass.
No he isn't. It's all a charade. The man manipulates the crypto market every other day and is now untouchable. Nobody is coming for him. I'm just annoyed that he gimped the model 3/Y going forward. That radar was actually useful for Montanans :mad: