Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re better today than yesterday from cars, airplanes to medical equipment because of new generation. I’m sure tomorrow will be better than today.you old farts just don’t eat to let it go that’s why 🤣

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if new, kickass colors are not introduced on the 10th. We're overdue.
2 increase demand?! paging @Krugerrand ;)

4079EDD65A297606F8034D86D5EF474261EE5773

Cheers!

I

I'm saying he's too susceptible to outside forces.

Answer the implied question:
If vision is ready for primetime, why do the S and X still ship with radar?
Because it takes time to make those production changes to a working line.

Perhaps the focus was first on the lines that would make the most difference and they will follow up on the other lines (phase 2) once they are done with phase 1 of the radar removal initiative.

Because it takes time to make those production changes to a working line.

Perhaps the focus was first on the lines that would make the most difference and they will follow up on the other lines (phase 2) once they are done with phase 1 of the radar removal initiative.
Not an acceptable rebuttal.

If it's not ready, then ship all cars with previous tech.

Very obvious and simple unless one is experiencing a shortage. Just admit it.

But to pretend everything is fine from a consumer level is RETARDED.

I'm probably accepting a new M3P in the next couple weeks and I will probably enjoy driving it.
It will probably never achieve parity with radar cars ever.

Love, SpaceCash
My nephew has Down syndrome; but he clearly knows better how to use a thesaurus than you do.
May I suggest you avoid using insulting slurs to express yourself on this forum. Sure makes you seem primitive and mentally challenged…this comment seems to belong on Twitter or Facebook.
I can give you directions if you need them.

Last edited:
Not an acceptable rebuttal.

If it's not ready, then ship all cars with previous tech.

Very obvious and simple unless one is experiencing a shortage. Just admit it.
I apologize. My mistake was in thinking you were looking for a rational explanation, rather than an emotional one.

Edit: Though I have no personal experience managing multiple automotive production lines I would find it challenging to admit that there is any aspect of removing a part and the associated processes that would be considered "obvious and simple" from any perspective.

Last edited:
I
The long weekends always bring out the grumpiness and infighting.

@Knightshade's new avatar?
😂, I’ve had @Knightshade on block for quite a while (spacecash just joined him). Didn’t realize that was his avatar.

life’s too short to spend it with trolls. I rather enjoy understanding contradictory opinions; but when one cannot simply accept that these are opinions, and that there may actually be someone more qualified than them making the decisions, I lose patience quickly. When that same person starts demanding that others admit they are wrong; well that’s where I draw the line.

This place does seem to turn into the Twitter comment section on weekends or when the SP isn’t pushing all time highs.

On a personal level I definitely do not give a *sugar* about disagrees
But we have a very clear cognitive dissonance phenomenon going on
People are being told, straightforward, that new 3's and Y's will have less FSD functionality compared to old ones, back to 2017, yet they HATE to hear that new 3's and Y's will be restricted and disempowered in places those vehicles performed in.

I don't care on an ego level. Give me all the dislikes.

But to pretend everything is fine from a consumer level is RETARDED.

I'm probably accepting a new M3P in the next couple weeks and I will probably enjoy driving it.
It will probably never achieve parity with radar cars ever.

Love, SpaceCash
Candidly your grammar is quite deficient, and you fail to understand the development fo new technological approaches. For nearly everything, when a major technological advance happens, the very first implementation has some deficiencies compared to the previous technology. Soon, very soon, the new approach proves to be far more capable.

Specifically with reference to vision only vs radar and vision, there is a very simple and practical reason why vision will be a superior solution.

That is inherent in radar, which requires sending a signal, receiving a return, then processing the results of the returns. That takes time and huge amounts of signal processing.

In vision only systems the lags are far shorter than for radar, partly because signal ambiguity and lack of specificity are not major processing issues.

Both are valuable, but radar is ill-equipped to handle highly variable signal returns. Vision, OTOH, requires less processing because the signal is inherently visual to begin with.

That is an overly simplistic description, to be sure. It does help explain why a mixed system creates insoluble issues precisely because the signal timing is not perfectly equivalent, radar has slower updates and less detail.

Superficial analysis invariably yields inaccurate results.

Many people, ostensibly well-informed are devoted to lidar just as others are to radar. Both technologies have excellent use cases. In neither case is driving automation an ideal use case. In all driving automaton cases technological advances can render obsolete some earlier choices. Both lidar and radar fit in this category.

Vision, of course, has limitations. Whenever vision will be inadequate we may well find that road-going vehicles should not be operated at all. Blinding snow , torrential rain, volcanic eruptions are all cases where no potential solution will be likely to enable safe road-going vehicle operation at all.

For that matter airplanes cannot safely operate through volcanic ash, nor in blinding snow, nor unusually heavy precipitation. No matter what sensory will be chosen none will ever solve every conceivable problem.

In the meantime within a few weeks vision only will be superior to previous vision+radar.

Looks like we may switch back to ordering an X...but holy crap...expected deliver is February. Which is fine for us as we are not getting back to camping until next spring. But wow. Is this just backlog or are they not going to start producing for awhile. Geesh. (Not really complaining...just whining. :). Until then Jarvis, our model 3 will work fine.