Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And its a complete lie. Tesla is exporting Models 3 in large numbers now. Look at the increase in the number of ships from Shanghai this quarter vs. last: (9 v 4)

1622642985862-png.668725

h/t @The Accountant

Those 5 extra ships represent around 10-12K extra exports from Shanghai, most of which will be high-margin, low-cost LFP SR+ models. For instance, 1,500 Models 3 arrived in Sydney, AU via ship just this morning.

The Model Y is not being exported from Shanghai, all it's sales are local. Those are the rapidly scaling deliveries in China right now. Model 3 production is NOT being reported in China, just local deliveries. Of course it's a fraction of production when export demand (and profit) is so high.

But the FUDsters are panicked that Q2 will be another record quarter for Giga Shanghai and are desparate to hijack the narrative. Luckily, in the a U.S. there is a quasi-Gov't agency tasked with protecting investors and prosecuting market manipulators. And that group is called the "Children's Television Workshop".

Word.
> The Model Y is not being exported from Shanghai, all it's sales are local
Didn't we have MY exports to South Korea?

Indeed. I've said it before, and will again. When I worked in TV financial news, our producers would almost always accept press releases from well known corporations as being authoritative. They were welcomed as information that could fill our airtime. If clarifications were needed, our staff would phone the company and other entities mentioned in the press releases. I did that many times myself.

A company that is so much in the news and assaulted by FUD, really needs a competent and proactive public relations/press department. Without a PR department to contact, people in the media can grow quite negative about a company. Add to this the fact that Tesla does not pay the media for advertisements, articles can go off on completely wild tangents.

Tesla PR should be the first to distribute corporate news. If not, they should quickly offer explanations for what may be true, and correct any falsehoods.

I've gotten "disagrees" when I've said this here before, and really don't understand that.

I'm a bit puzzled about the PR team being shut down myself. A few official statements now and again setting the record straight won't stop the FUDsters from spreading FUD. It also won't change the $TSLAQ cult members' minds. However, it does give the media a counterpoint they can present and I'm sure like all of us, they won't complain when someone makes their jobs a little easier.

My bigger issue though is the impression left on the uninformed masses. If there's no counterargument presented, then many who do not actively seek out the truth regarding Tesla (like those of us here try to) can easily be swayed to believe the FUD. If the counterargument is presented, then at least they're given the opportunity to see both sides of the story and make up their own mind or be inspired to research further.

Currently Tesla is supply constrained, not demand constrained and increasing demand too much will just increase people's aggravation as wait times increase. However, we still need those who are not yet demanding cars to be receptive to buying a Tesla in the future so when the need for more demand arises, Tesla can tap into those people who are neutral regarding Tesla. If on the other hand the currently uninformed masses all become corrupted by the anti-Tesla propaganda, the demand for Telsas will ultimately start to taper much sooner than if they remained neutral. We need both future Tesla buyers and TSLA buyers if we want to see the company and stock price continue to grow long into the future.

Yes, but that is not long term thinking.

Also, imagine how much further the mission might be if there hadn't been FUD and more people were refusing to buy another ICE vehicle. Demand would push faster change.

Remember that Tesla has had a PR department for most of its existence. The FUD flowed like the Amazon regardless.

There are things Tesla cannot really control. Better to spend resources on things it can control.

I'm a bit puzzled about the PR team being shut down myself. A few official statements now and again setting the record straight won't stop the FUDsters from spreading FUD. It also won't change the $TSLAQ cult members' minds. However, it does give the media a counterpoint they can present and I'm sure like all of us, they won't complain when someone makes their jobs a little easier.

My bigger issue though is the impression left on the uninformed masses. If there's no counterargument presented, then many who do not actively seek out the truth regarding Tesla (like those of us here try to) can easily be swayed to believe the FUD. If the counterargument is presented, then at least they're given the opportunity to see both sides of the story and make up their own mind or be inspired to research further.

Currently Tesla is supply constrained, not demand constrained and increasing demand too much will just increase people's aggravation as wait times increase. However, we still need those who are not yet demanding cars to be receptive to buying a Tesla in the future so when the need for more demand arises, Tesla can tap into those people who are neutral regarding Tesla. If on the other hand the currently uninformed masses all become corrupted by the anti-Tesla propaganda, the demand for Telsas will ultimately start to taper much sooner than if they remained neutral. We need both future Tesla buyers and TSLA buyers if we want to see the company and stock price continue to grow long into the future.
Indeed, as you imply, most people do not need a new car right now, and will wait for their current one to develop problems or attain a high odometer reading. The fact that demand currently exceeds supply is irrelevant regarding the need for a Tesla PR department. Combating FUD, and spreading good information, can provide benefits to the company well into the future.

Last edited:
Are margins better on MIC cars exported from China to Europe, APAC, compared to those sold locally in China?

@The Accountant
Yes - MIC Model 3 SR+ gets better margins if sold to europe than if sold in China. The selling price is higher in Europe well above the additional cost to ship them to Europe.

Protip for supporting the stock if scared on a dip:

Buy 100 Shares
Sell 1 Call

Bought 100 Shares @ 585.04
Sold JUN 10 600 Call @ 11.54
Net Debit: 573.50

Good outcomes: By end of JUN 10 - Tesla > 573.50 up to infinity is fine.

Bad outcomes: End of JUN 10, Tesla below 573.50 - sell a 573.50 call or greater for any price you are willing to sell shares at.

While all this is happening, the good guys are in control of 100 more chairs.