Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently I can't buy anything in my Fidelity IRA acct because it's been shifted to margin account status and some transactions haven't processed yet? Weird. I'm reading that it's perfectly normal, but I'd sure like access to the few k in net credit sitting there. I think this switchover happened when I bought a couple bull call spreads?

Didn't even know an IRA could use margin. Seems wrong.

Cheer to all you lucky folks buying the dip.

The margin in an IRA allows you to sell and buy with funds prior to trade settlement. It does not allow you to borrow $$ to buy stock.

CNBC is not broadcast TV. It is a cable only Similar to CNN being cable only.

This graphic somewhat misses the point IMO. These cable programs are starving for content. They desperately want guests that can make comments and eat up a few minutes Air time.

They desperately want Elon to come on the air. This would build their ratings and every advertiser (not just autos) would pay more for their better ratings.

Thus they are motivated to do something (often outrageous) to force him to come on and defend Tesla. They would LOVE to get a comment from Tesla but they only get silence. It drives them nuts.

They bring the likes of GJ on to try to force something but it never works.

Becky Quick’s ability to get time with Warren Buffet has made her career IMO.

There is no great answer to this. EM is never going to appear IMO. So we get analysts of various stripes making their case and talking their book. This frequently dampens down the stock and Twitter has grown increasingly useless as it inevitably becomes a cesspool of loud mouths, scams and ignorance that is the brand of the internet these days.

IMO the singular bright light is the frequent SpaceX launches which reflect order and competence so spectacularly.
I think EM would prefer to use his finite time to enhance & deliver products that people love than defending against FUD...

Meanwhile....

1622746424358.png

We haven't had any good Tesla news in forever. Not surprising really. Lots of distractions, supply chain issues, and Elon's timelines are eroding belief. All temporary IMO.

I'm feeling good though because when I start seeing people who claim to like the stock say things like "it's going to drop to $300" that's a great signal that it's about to pop. But here his a picture of me launching my new SeaDoo with the 3. Neighbors were confused and impressed.
View attachment 669015
Ewwww.... The mud! The dirt! Somebody get @Nocturnal a Cybertruck already!

I expect to see even more Teslas bought by police departments and other large fleets once they start hearing about how much money they can save.

Interesting conundrum....taxpayers can be anti-EV because of their own perceived needs, bias and subjectivity....BUT, when it comes to saving money for their federal, state, and local governments, and thus their wallets, wouldn’t taxpayers who wouldn’t choose an EV for themselves expect their government to choose the most economical solution?

I think EM would prefer to use his finite time to enhance & deliver products that people love than defending against FUD...
It doesn't need to be Musk or use his time. Hire some competent people and then trust them to do their job.

The FUD has done damage over the years. The majority of my family and close friends will not consider a Tesla. The reasons are all traced back to the lies the media has spread for years.

Apparently I can't buy anything in my Fidelity IRA acct because it's been shifted to margin account status and some transactions haven't processed yet? Weird. I'm reading that it's perfectly normal, but I'd sure like access to the few k in net credit sitting there. I think this switchover happened when I bought a couple bull call spreads?

Didn't even know an IRA could use margin. Seems wrong.

Cheer to all you lucky folks buying the dip.
I have a Fidelity ira and can not use margin. The spread access I have isn’t even true spread access. It’s only for placing spreads with all legs in the same transaction.

I wonder where all these cars sold in Korea were built?

The FUD has done damage over the years. The majority of my family and close friends will not consider a Tesla. The reasons are all traced back to the lies the media has spread for years.
Apparently, the majority of your family and close friends are not needed yet. The order book is off the hook right now.

Apparently, the majority of your family and close friends are not needed yet. The order book is off the hook right now.
Yes, but that is not long term thinking.

Also, imagine how much further the mission might be if there hadn't been FUD and more people were refusing to buy another ICE vehicle. Demand would push faster change.