Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
> The Model Y is not being exported from Shanghai, all it's sales are local
Didn't we have MY exports to South Korea?

Yes, there was an April batch (appears to be the only shipment for Q2). This latest FUD report specifically is referring to May orders in China.

No doubt, the SUCCESS of the April deliveries FUD (due to uncounted Korean deliveries) emboldened the FUDsters for this latest jab.

Last edited:
Apparently, the majority of your family and close friends are not needed yet. The order book is off the hook right now.
I know several people personally who are on the fence right now due simple finances but if we get a sizable EV credit will be immediately picking up a 3 or a Y. Demand will explode once that happens.

Are margins better on MIC cars exported from China to Europe, APAC, compared to those sold locally in China?

@The Accountant

Those cars are the main source of Tesla carbon credits from the Eurozone. It's about €5K per car, or 100s of millions worth on 50K cars.

Tesla needs to take advantage of these credits before they're gone in a few years (either through compliance or bankrupcy on the part of other automakers).

I think EM would prefer to use his finite time to enhance & deliver products that people love than defending against FUD...

Yep, that’s why you hire out the job. It would be foolish to have EM do it. Or you can make a conscious decision to let the FUD become the exclusive tool of the shorts until consumer consensus overpowers well funded media influencers and then all‘s well.

Yes - MIC Model 3 SR+ gets better margins if sold to europe than if sold in China. The selling price is higher in Europe well above the additional cost to ship them to Europe.
Thank you.
I was trying to confirm this... more exports rather than sales locally in China is better for the company profits. Of course worries about market share, mindshare in China need to be kept aside.

Indeed, as you imply, most people do not need a new car right now. and will wait for their current one to develop problems or attain a high odometer reading. The fact that demand currently exceeds supply is irrelevant regarding the need for a Tesla PR department. Combating FUD, and spreading good information, can provide benefits to the company well into the future.

Given how large Tesla is now and comfortably profitable, it really shouldn't be a big deal to have a small team of 2-3 PR people per territory (China, US, Europe), so just 6-9 employees. The yearly cost of those employees would likely be under a million. Absolutely no one here I think is saying Elon should be doing PR defense, that's a waste of his time. But it seems like it shouldn't be a hassle or a remote material cost to have a PR team at this point.

Yes, there was an April batch (appears to be it for Q2). This latest FUD report specifically is referring to May orders.

No doubt, the SUCCESS of the April deliveries FUD (due to uncounted Korean deliveries) emboldened the FUDsters for this latest jab.
Please not the ‘J’ word.

Arm hurts, and I feel like I’m in a flu simulator.

In my delirium I dreamt I bought 5 more at $576.

Given how large Tesla is now and comfortably profitable, it really shouldn't be a big deal to have a small team of 2-3 PR people per territory (China, US, Europe), so just 6-9 employees. The yearly cost of those employees would likely be under a million. Absolutely no one here I think is saying Elon should be doing PR defense, that's a waste of his time. But it seems like it shouldn't be a hassle or a remote material cost to have a PR team at this point.

I'd do it for free just to protect my own shares and fellow TMCers. Not sure how the market would take my TeslaPR tweets:

Official Tesla response to China FUD.

"STFU noob, there is no demand problem. Go order a car and see how long it takes."

I think a steep drop in such a short time like we saw today got to be naked shorting. Time for Elon and Zach to flush out all those shares sold that don’t exist, by announcing the next stock split in the form of dividend payout... only real share holders get the additional shares. Repeat this every year please!
Let's bombard the Q2 2021 SAY question board with a question such as:

Would you consider a stock split this year to make the shares accessible to a wider group of investors?

Just the question alone my light a fire under the naked short sellers. Maybe we can get this to go viral on Twitter and get enough votes to get this answered.

1622749048443.png

Indeed. I've said it before, and will again. When I worked in TV financial news, our producers would almost always accept press releases from well known corporations as being authoritative. They were welcomed as information that could fill our airtime. If clarifications were needed, our staff would phone the company and other entities mentioned in the press releases. I did that many times myself.

A company that is so much in the news and assaulted by FUD, really needs a competent and proactive public relations/press department. Without a PR department to contact, people in the media can grow quite negative about a company. Add to this the fact that Tesla does not pay the media for advertisements, articles can go off on completely wild tangents.

Tesla PR should be the first to distribute corporate news. If not, they should quickly offer explanations for what may be true, and correct any falsehoods.

I've gotten "disagrees" when I've said this here before, and really don't understand that.
No disagrees now while everyone is hurting...