Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what you are saying is there's a collusion between Bosch and all these chip makers to say how they are in short supply on conference calls, but actually sell them all to ICE makers who horde them and not putting them into production cars, and continue to peddle the notion that they don't have any chips but the reality is there's no demand.

Because the shortage is real..Unless Elon is smoking again by literally calling out companies on twitter.
Ummm…these are companies who regularly LIE. Suddenly we should believe them? 🤣😂😆 Gullible much?

Yeah, there’s a chip shortage alright. The question is how short? And no, we are not believing the OEMs answer to the question. Not for a single second.

Tesla cam doesn't lie!

Our European visitors are important to us.​

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

Errr....what??? Proof we are living in a simulation :)

1631041447011.png

Forgive the even more OT response.

I know it’s a Tesla investor forum. But spelled backwards it’s ALSET.

ALSET E-homes builds sustainable living communities and is publicly traded; every home comes with a Tesla in the garage as well as 240v charging capability and dedicated solar farms/ battery storage.

ALSET (AEI) is Currently being destroyed by shorts in the public markets in spite of having more cash on hand than their market value.

AEI is my second largest sustainability focused position and I’m curious if someone here could provide some insight on why they’re so beaten up right now.

Apologies again; if directed to do so I will delete this post or move it to a more appropriate thread. The reason I posted it here is that companies like these are required to move our world toward sustainability. Wall Street does not want to be disrupted. I believe those in this forum feel otherwise.

Best-in-Tesla does a quick description of ALSET starting at 14:45.

Whoever of you is accumulating and creating this AEI short squeeze…thank you! Oddly this stock seems to move in tandem with TSLA (in both directions) but with a larger multiplier.

Anyhow, just wanted to thank my millionaire friends for helping me to move this clean energy/sustainable living stock. (AEI +20-30% on the day)

Chip fab space is a commodity. One generally reserved many months (or years) in advance.

When you cancel or reduce an order, you lose your spot in line.

Demand for chips for lots of OTHER stuff remained insanely high even while GM had plants shut down last year- so these fabs switched to making chips for consumer goods and whatnot-- where demand was surging.
An additional bit of info:

6-8 weeks from starting a wafer to packaged chip ready to ship. I know there is variance here - more complex and newer tech chips will take longer to wend their way through the fab, but the idea is the same. It takes awhile to transform a wafer start into parts. And as @Knightshade points out, just because you want some wafer starts doesn't mean you'll get them right away. Planning for multi-month manufacturing processes isn't easy.

• Informative
Reactions: Knightshade
Just broke on CNBS: Doug Field leaving Apple for Ford.

Love the hype by LeBeau: "Remember, Doug has a lot of experience with autonomous vehicles with Tesla"
Hopefully someone will tell Doug before he starts at Ford that Tesla no longer uses radar. Would hate to see his experience go to waste.

Teslarati - 2 hours ago: Tesla files to expand Model Y production lines at Fremont factory

Excerpt:

Tesla plans to expand Model Y production lines at its Fremont factory in Northern California, filings submitted to the City of Fremont reveal...

...In February, Tesla officially filed to have the spring structure made permanent by filing with the City of Fremont to add a 64,000 square foot expansion to the factory. In July, Tesla officially started making GA 4.5 a permanent part of the company’s production facility by adding underground sewer connections for plumbing and creating foundational work for the spring structure to sit on.

Continued strong volume in Put options at the 750 Strike Price: now 28.4K traded

View attachment 706338

Hopefully this puts in a solid floor for this week's close (see what I did there?)

Cheers!
I wished I screencapped it before, but I swear the volume in the 800 Call strikes has significantly increased as well verses the start of trading this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
Ouch: He was also CTO at Segway. Wonder if he had a hand in designing the S/W that let the inventor, Jimi Heselden, drive a Segway off a cliff to his death. :eek:

Good luck, Ford.

Point of order- Heselden didn't invent anything at Segway.

He bought the company many years after their best known product- invented by Dean Kamen- had launched... and he died after less than 9 months owning the company.