Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

On Tuesday, Elon Musk accused Jeff Bezos and his companies of using the legal system to slow SpaceX’s progress during a talk at the 2021 Code Conference. Just a few hours later, Amazon — which is working on a competing satellite-based internet project — sent The Verge an unsolicited 13-page list of lawsuits, government petitions, and other legal actions that SpaceX has taken over the years

According to NASA’s Carver, the old boys were actively blocking SpaceX at the time from having a fair chance of just bidding on contracts and such.

I contend that the lawsuits SpaceX brought were of a very different nature than Blue Origin’s. Indeed, Bezos should be thanking Elon for paving the way in the same way Tesla has paved the way for every other OEM and EV startup.

Ungrateful lobster mac ‘n cheese ball.

Yup I have it on in the background, glad that he's being called out for what he is...........though CNBC is still trying to paint the narrative that the sky is falling and big investors are bailing out of TSLA 🥱

I don't get the 100% liquidation though. That seems quite jerkish even if you can 10x somewhere else.

Elon keeps stating hes first in, last out. I imagine this would stoke his motivation even further.

I consider this a short by Chamath even though it technically isn't - especially with all the pumping he did at the start of the year.

I don't get the 100% liquidation though. That seems quite jerkish even if you can 10x somewhere else.

Elon keeps stating hes first in, last out. I imagine this would stoke his motivation even further.

I consider this a short by Chamath even though it technically isn't - especially with all the pumping he did at the start of the year.
Perhaps he never had the intention of owning their stocks? I thought he had convertible Tesla bonds? Weren't they converted to stocks on him?

Chamath strikes me as the type of person that definitely uses leverage with his investments....and probably to a extreme level.

There's little doubt in my mind that he was using his TSLA position as leverage to stretch himself into other investments. In Q1 when speculative stocks, stocks with high P/E's, and especially SPACS rolled over and plummeted, I suspect Chamath had to liquidate his TSLA position to cover the losses.

Karma will be Chamath watching TSLA explode higher over the next 3-6 months while he sits on the sidelines with major FOMO

Most of these are Tesla filing petitions countering other petitions which impact SpaceX.

"Opposing the Satellite Industry Association's petition for reconsideration seeking FCC reversal "

Pretty bad of The Verge to provide a venue for this without actually looking at the reasonableness of what Blue Origin considers "Litigation" here.

Lol, MMs be like:

whack-a-mole-cute.gif

Seven-Eighty, oh how I disclaim thee... :p

Cheers!

Yup I have it on in the background, glad that he's being called out for what he is...........though CNBC is still trying to paint the narrative that the sky is falling and big investors are bailing out of TSLA 🥱
I really want something crazy to happen like a stock split announcement or something to wreck these people trying to spreading lies and FUD

Chamath strikes me as the type of person that definitely uses leverage with his investments....and probably to a extreme level.

There's little doubt in my mind that he was using his TSLA position as leverage to stretch himself into other investments. In Q1 when speculative stocks, stocks with high P/E's, and especially SPACS rolled over and plummeted, I suspect Chamath had to liquidate his TSLA position to cover the losses.

Karma will be Chamath watching TSLA explode higher over the next 3-6 months while he sits on the sidelines with major FOMO
Did Chamath have any losses on his spac? Seems based on the questioning from Cnbc, he was compensated in free stocks as a payment instead of fees.

Lol, MMs be like:

whack-a-mole-cute.gif

Seven-Eighty, oh how I disclaim thee... :p

Cheers!

This week has been a bit weird to me........If they are trying to keep it around 780 level, they should have put some effort to drop the stock on the down days earlier in the week.

Being around 780 going into Friday is flying way too close to the sun for comfort if you're the MM's. If some funds or whales decide they want to get in, in a big way, before Q3 numbers are out over the weekend, the stock could shoot up well past 800.

Did Chamath have any losses on his spac? Seems based on the questioning from Cnbc, he was compensated in free stocks as a payment instead of fees.

I'll have to dig around, but I thought there were a couple SPAC's he was involved in that he couldn't sell out in time before they crumbled. It's not the fact that he didn't lose money on the SPAC's, it's that my assumption is that he was counting on making a killing on the SPAC's that would then cover his leverage he was using for his other investments.

So for example, he's on margin and using options to leverage himself back in Q1 and he's doing it with speculative stocks, stock's with high P/E's, etc......which would mean he lost a ton of money. If he was counting on making huge returns on his SPAC's but they crumbled before he could sell out, then his only option to cover those losses in his other positions is to liquidate his biggest positions, which odds are was TSLA. This is just speculation by me though based on the dynamics of the market back in Q1/Q2.

More:
SpaceX is fascinating but first, TMC has a dedicated space for it; second, the bottom half of ITS participants are more knowledgeable about these goings-on than the top half of those discussing it here, and third, most of it is irrelevant to this thread.
I’m not banning all SpaceX discussion here, but keep it focused.

Being around 780 going into Friday is flying way too close to the sun for comfort if you're the MM's. If some funds or whales decide they want to get in, in a big way, before Q3 numbers are out over the weekend, the stock could shoot up well past 800.

There's not too much at stake for MMs between 780 and 800 for Friday, although Open Interest likely means they favor a 780 Close.

Beyond 800 however, there is no God:

TSLA.OpenInterest.2021-09-30.07-00.800-detail.png

MMs would sell their souls to prevent that (oh, wait). :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
If we brake out above $780 today or tomorrow I'll probably sell some covered calls. The whisper number is expecting 230 or so. I'm not positive we will for sure exceed that, but it's possible. If so I'll use that cash to buy more in preparation for earnings.
I'll have to dig around, but I thought there were a couple SPAC's he was involved in that he couldn't sell out in time before they crumbled. It's not the fact that he didn't lose money on the SPAC's, it's that my assumption is that he was counting on making a killing on the SPAC's that would then cover his leverage he was using for his other investments.

So for example, he's on margin and using options to leverage himself back in Q1 and he's doing it with speculative stocks, stock's with high P/E's, etc......which would mean he lost a ton of money. If he was counting on making huge returns on his SPAC's but they crumbled before he could sell out, then his only option to cover those losses in his other positions is to liquidate his biggest positions, which odds are was TSLA. This is just speculation by me though based on the dynamics of the market back in Q1/Q2.
He should have just gone all in on Tesla.

I did make some money on some of his SPACS, but that's because it got in early and bailed after a quick 20% or so. A lot of other retailers didn't fare so well it seems.