Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The book is great, this is just a 50min clip about Elon and why he does what he does. It’s a really good, fair and no BS piece.

Many people that didn’t know about Elon or they believed the FUD thrown at him and his companies, will start to question their thinking and why they’ve been made to believe the lies and by who.

The part when the former NASA Deputy Admin Lori Garver explains how the old farts behave and what they did to stop SpaceX is really good and one can understand that’s what is/was happening in the case of Tesla. The current administration and the way they treat Elon, Tesla and SpaceX is really telling, to say the least.

PBS doesn’t not have a huge demographic, but the majority of people watching their programs are with higher education and professionals. There are a lot of them that still don’t get Elon and his companies, and this is a great fair piece to make them reassess their thinking, IMO.
I believe the anti billionaire crowd has made up their minds on Musk. Their hate is strong due to Musk being a human rights violating slave driver that only got to where he is because of his Dad's emerald mines.

It has certainly dropped more than 10% many times, and even more than that in one weeks time before (although I think the drop you mention took more than a few days). But I can't find a steady climb near the Upper BB (like now) to out the bottom in a week. (This is highly relevant for those of us selling Put options and trying to decide how to play next week).

18 days to go from Upper- to Lower-BB in Jan-Feb 2021.
12 days to go from Upper- to Lower-BB in Apr-May 2021.
15 days to go from Upper- to Lower-BB in Jun-Jul 2021.

sc.TSLA.200-DayChart.2021-09-29.20-00.png

And thats just YTD 2021. Do you kneed more examples from prior years?

Cheers!

Cheers!

Since they were asking for any drops from UBB to LBB in a single week I think they'd need any examples at all, since none of yours qualify as such :)

They were specifically discussing the "safety" of selling weekly puts at the LBB when the SP is near the UBB.

So the stock moving that far in more than a week isn't relevant... the sold option would've already expired worthless long before then.

Options don't trade after hours.

Good pt.. I remember seeing that call owners could call in and request to execute their calls through 3pm, but I'm in PST and forgot that they probably meant 3pm EST, not PST haha.
It is actually that they can be executed until 5:30 PM ET. (So an hour and a half after close.)

Thanks for the insight. As a non American, the term "PBS" means nothing more than "some US broadcasting medium mentioned in some sitcoms".

How large/small/important/insignificant PBS is, I have no clue.
PBS means: no one will watch it. Like others have mentioned PBS used to be a great resource for insightful news, tech, science. Its depth in topics is limited. For the record NPR, the radio version of PBS is super anti musk and pro environment.

FYI, doing some calcs:

By either 4q21 or 1q22, Tesla will have made enough profits to counteract all the losses it made during it's infancy, so the FUD of "Tesla has never made any money" will be even more false than it is now.

The profits made in a single quarter next year will probably be enough to cancel out all the regulatory credit income as well.

Next year I think $80b in revenue and $12b in profits is likely, and $500b+ revenue and $100b+ annual profits by 2030.

My profit estimate for the next 10 years combined is about $650 billion. :cool:

No shareholder meeting for me. :confused: My broker responded to my request that providing the legal proxy was not part of their service (yet, they said).
in 2019 when I went there all they needed to see was a report from my brokerage account stating I owned TSLA shares at a certain date. I pulled that right on the spot on my tablet and they admitted me.

View attachment 716225

Cheers!
Thanks, that was helpful (and no Upper to lower in 5 trading days). I was trying to use the charts in Yahoo Finance, and the example I took a picture of and posted yesterday is no longer on the Yahoo chart when I try to find it again.... I have no idea why the 2020 chart is different today on Yahoo than yesterday. o_O

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Leo keeping it real and telling it as it is:

Chamath is a capital allocator. You can say whatever you want, but he’s not doing this only to make more money, like 99.9% of us here. He’s trying to make more money to make more money and put that money to work in different endeavors that makes more money and change society. His Social Capital mission statement is such.

This whole stuff is more FUD and of course the interested parties will use it. But he’s irrelevant to Tesla and what they are doing. He’s just not going to wait for another 10x-20x when he can deploy those funds to make 50x to 100x in other endeavors that he starts or seed fund. That’s what capital allocators do, you know.

That being said, I sold out of IPO_s before they started to take a beating, because I don’t see the point of being diversified like that, I’m fine with only 2 companies. 😁

OT

in 2019 when I went there all they needed to see was a report from my brokerage account stating I owned TSLA shares at a certain date. I pulled that right on the spot on my tablet and they admitted me.

Meeting is virtual/online only this year.... though as I mention I believe there's a join as guest option if one doesn't have a valid control # available as a shareholder.