Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is trading like a penny stock. Cannot believe. I am stunned.

We could drop 30 points in a heartbeat and still be up 100 on the day.

Global Capitulation?
More like a from the crypto markets. Dayum!!! Love it. Congrats to all. I stopped trading options a few months ago, since IV is down so much. But my HODL position is printing. Hell yes

What, you bought new underwear?
Someone I used to work with (don't any more) explained how they can each be used four times: back-to-front, and inside-out.
Pro tip. But as mentioned, we are not close now. Maybe just as well. :eek:
I have not (but they’re still in good enough condition that should I end up in a hospital and need them cut off I will be upset - which I have had happen and it was a perfectly good pair of underwear!!!) and continue to be admonished by friends/acquaintances that I can afford not to dress like a hobo.

Herrz buys their cars, some with a buyback agreement from the OEM. Surprising Facts About the Rental Car Industry | The Motley Fool
This may align with Tesla's planned robo-taxi fleet.

Heinz is the ketchup company.
The buybacks were common back when US automakers built far more than they could seell. Back then Alamo (then independent) 'bought' almost the entire production of Buick Reattas and manufactured used cars three months later, with GM essentially paying them to do it. In those days Ford bought hertz as a used car maker, GM bought control of Avis and National. Then they were all about making used cars from ones they could not sell at retail.

More recently they all were more or less independent, and began merging. Th Motley Fool article was not wrong, exactly, but neglects the history.

When the COVID-19 pandemic came many went bankrupt, all over the world. In the process they sold off most of their fleets. Now rental prices are sky-high and supplies are tight almost everywhere, making Turn and others among the biggest players.

Out fo bankruptcy they're desperate for inventory that will not instantly become obsolete and will be as nearly maintenance free as possible. partly because service staff are very, very short and they reduced staff in large numbers during the pandemic.

This is the crucial context placing Tesla in an even better situation. This post builds on my earlier one focused on the EU and other country demands for new vehicles.