Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been shopping for a kitchen knife set with a breathalyzer built-into the knife block that would prevent chefs that have been drinking excessively from accessing anything but the bread knife. However, I'm not finding what I want. Wouldn't knife manufacturers be concerned that someone might sue them?

Are knife manufacturers really this lax about allowing such irresponsible behavior? 🤪

/s

Most people won't get what you're saying. But, I've been trying to explain this to people also, but your method is far better than mine.

I'll try another one - "video games don't kill, humans do".

Where is support today? Guessing $1k.

Paging @Artful Dodger

50-Day Moving Average: (again)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-12-09.20-00.png

All you need to know about TA is that shortzes and hedgies use TA (they have nothing else).

Word.

Is there a CY 2021 time-limit on Mr Musk playing his GetALittle-SellALittle GetALittle-SellALittle Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! GetALot-SellALittleMore?????????

There are not a whole lot more trading days in the year.....
Nope, he has until next August to complete the exercising of these options. He just said he wanted to get it done this year. (Likely because the tax bill will likely be higher next year.)

I forget the exact calculations, but I think he has ~5 more tranches to sell.

Last edited:
Is there a CY 2021 time-limit on Mr Musk playing his GetALittle-SellALittle GetALittle-SellALittle Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! GetALot-SellALittleMore?????????

There are not a whole lot more trading days in the year.....
looks like 54% of way so needs to speed up if wants to finish in 2021, like 5 more acquisitions
he has, so far, only realized about $11.5 Billion and will need at least 2 more sales to realize cash for tax, or 6 more sales to hit the ~10%, at present rate, but surprises can happen

using _rough_ numbers, he should realize ~$25.3 Billion value, owe ~$13.4 Billion tax, so needs~$2 billion more for tax hit, and gets ~$1 billion per 934,091 sale (rough numbers tho)

Post in thread 'Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable'
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Last edited:
Please keep going on about how we need the government to control everything we do and there’s no such thing as personal responsibility. This is exactly what we need to be discussing in the TSLA investor thread 🤦🏻‍♂️

Please DNFTT. 'Blocking' works wonders. Even for members who consistently interact with known trolls.

Word.

So basically we all think Tesla is eventually 100T+ and Teslabots will be out squashing bugs in the great (greatest?) war. The aliens are clearly already here on reconnaissance slowly corrupting our 'antiquated systems' with all their coy fluttering around and general feminine mystique. All that's left is for napolelon to accede the throne and throw off the ancien regime writ solar.

JOIN THE RESISTANCE TODAY! - interstitial sponsored by SpaceForce

But here's the question. What is the maximum reasonable valuation now despite this future? I ask myself this all the time because at 1200 (like at 800s last january) I enjoy selling covered calls at a year forward and otm to collect cash to add shares later on with the proceeds. However I don't want to do this if it doesn't work because that would be bad (in a Kant/Bush41/Graham/Dodd/Henson sense).

15x forward revenue? 80b for 2022? 1200? 15x is 100x presumptive 15% terminal net.

It surely isn't 100T discounted back at 10%. We can see that empirically.

None of this matters if you are just a HODLr. Stay in the fight marine!

Last edited:
Right - I should have said ‘for tax consequences et al”….but was too busy channeling my inner Music Man.
I posted a bit of analysis in the options thread and was worried it might get too off topic here.

Anyways here are the key bits:

_________
There are 5 more tranches or about 4.7 million from the 10b5 sales left per Gary's math and I think the numbers add up.

The price doesn't really matter to Elon and it makes sense for him to finish it up this year. While there's an upward bias seasonally, I believe the volumes get lower as folks start checking out for the holidays.

One silver lining is Elon sold 6.3 million shares in first 2 weeks of November. These sales would impact the s&p 500 IWF ( index weight factor). In other words, the float has increased and some of this has to be bought by the index funds. To the tune of 1.5 million or so shares I'd guess.

i hope Elon took advantage of this and setup some 10b5 sales for next Friday ( s&p 500 rebalance), but not sure.

Of course there's the wild card of a secondary. If Tesla is not selling shares, why in the world would they care about talking to a group of investors? Doesn't add up from my perspective.

Anyways I think between all these dynamics, we should have a pretty interesting December.

I posted a bit of analysis in the options thread and was worried it might get too off topic here.

Anyways here are the key bits:

_________
There are 5 more tranches or about 4.7 million from the 10b5 sales left per Gary's math and I think the numbers add up.

The price doesn't really matter to Elon and it makes sense for him to finish it up this year. While there's an upward bias seasonally, I believe the volumes get lower as folks start checking out for the holidays.

One silver lining is Elon sold 6.3 million shares in first 2 weeks of November. These sales would impact the s&p 500 IWF ( index weight factor). In other words, the float has increased and some of this has to be bought by the index funds. To the tune of 1.5 million or so shares I'd guess.

i hope Elon took advantage of this and setup some 10b5 sales for next Friday ( s&p 500 rebalance), but not sure.

Of course there's the wild card of a secondary. If Tesla is not selling shares, why in the world would they care about talking to a group of investors? Doesn't add up from my perspective.

Anyways I think between all these dynamics, we should have a pretty interesting December.

And don't understand what you just said. HODLing is good.

Come here and let me give you a Doogie. Attaboy. Off rubs the spot Gordy. Now you are free to 'look at the bigger picture'.

The material question which everyone wants to know is how do you value a stock worth 100T in 2040? More precisely how do you value the value that the people who value the value of the people that value the stock value it? It's all marines at the bottom wherever that is.

For reference consider this. Imagine a room of 100 people all asked to give the average value of what the room will predict is the average value given by the room feom 1 to 100?

If you think Bertrand Russell is spinning in his grave you are right!

Wasn’t Gary there? He’s still begging for a secondary even after the meeting today.
Should we expect to hear any points regarding what was discussed?
That was definitely weird. Why have a hush hush meeting now with investors, so close to quarter end.

And Gary may be saying this just to take credit and say, see I told you so. Who knows

Reactions: Sofie
Come here and let me give you a Doogie. Attaboy. Off rubs the spot Gordy. Now you are free to 'look at the bigger picture'.

The material question which everyone wants to know is how do you value a stock worth 100T in 2040? More precisely how do you value the value that the people who value the value of the people that value the stock value it? It's all marines at the bottom wherever that is.

For reference consider this. Imagine a room of 100 people all asked to give the average value of what the room will predict is the average value given by the room feom 1 to 100?

If you think Bertrand Russell is spinning in his grave you are right!
Yes that explains the volatility in this one as well.

Reactions: Wicket