Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s also possible (and even likely) that they don’t want to take firm orders with a fixed price when delivery is one year out and a lot can happen to exchange rates and production costs during that time. It’s probably just risk reduction.
I thought of that too, but:
1) in that case they could still take orders without a firm price. Now they explicitly say that the available options may be different, pointing at an updated model.
2) with a delivery time of end of 2022, for a Model S that has been released at the begin of 2021, the current Model S may be obsolete by that delivery time. I don’t know if Tesla has ever taken longer than 2 years for an update of the Model S.
3) Tesla seems to be happy to let EU Model S and X buyers cancel their orders. As if it would suit Tesla not having to deliver Model S/X to EU.
4) I’m expecting a return of the cancelled Plaid+ 4680 based record long range Model S. End of 2022 should be a time where 4680 has reached volume production, both in the USA as in Europe.

I just received an email from Tesla regarding my MX order, here's the translation, I highlighted the two key points:

We will contact you regarding the timing of your Model X order.
We are in the process of scaling up production, which has delayed the launch for countries outside of North America. We will notify you in your Tesla Account of delivery dates once production of your Model X begins. It is estimated that deliveries outside of North America will start in the second half of 2022.
We will no longer be accepting new orders for Model S and Model X in countries outside of North America. Your Model X will retain the purchase price as of the date you ordered if you do not make any changes to your Vehicle Configuration.
Request a callback with a Tesla Advisor if you want to use your Order Fee for a different model or if you want to cancel your order.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
With kind regards,
The Tesla Team
EQS it is then. They have like a really big screen or something

I am a civil engineer, Msc, major in construction theory.
In my opinion you should't post things like the above in detail in the investor's thread, most likely you are scaring people with this.
Better to stay away from the details, but try to give a quick insight why you think this is of importance to us as TSLA investors.
That's a challenge, I know. But pretty smart people in general here, give it a try!
Thank you. I may have overdone it to show factual support vs speculation.

Let’s try again.

I looked up the physical properties of die cast aluminum and the sheet steel typically used for door skins. The material properties are close enough to see a path to using a Giga Press to cast an entire door, save the inner liner and any structure it wants to bring with it.

The skin/panel part of the door might look something like a bird’s feather (when viewed from inside the door - the rough side). Nature has done light weight structures before. So, there is lots of precedent.

I just received an email from Tesla regarding my MX order, here's the translation, I highlighted the two key points:

We will contact you regarding the timing of your Model X order.
We are in the process of scaling up production, which has delayed the launch for countries outside of North America. We will notify you in your Tesla Account of delivery dates once production of your Model X begins. It is estimated that deliveries outside of North America will start in the second half of 2022.
We will no longer be accepting new orders for Model S and Model X in countries outside of North America. Your Model X will retain the purchase price as of the date you ordered if you do not make any changes to your Vehicle Configuration.
Request a callback with a Tesla Advisor if you want to use your Order Fee for a different model or if you want to cancel your order.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
With kind regards,
The Tesla Team

As long as they figure it out at the end of 2022, I'm fine with it....need a new Model S in 08.2023.

well, if you look at his acquisitions and tax sales to pay for same, he still needs to acquire and pay for about 40+% more and (roughly) has paid ~$80 million for the first ~60% AND needs another (very roughly) $2 Billion for the taxes since he has realized (very roughly) $11.8 Billion,

Elon needs to sell roughly $2 billion more TSLA in 2021 for 53% tax on stock options, IF I read the numbers correctly, ie at least 2 of the 5 tranches of 934,091, plus a few extra for walking around money, and SP has been drifting down just a "tad bit"

Reactions: Tslynk67 and kbM3
Don't anyone wake up the US posters, they'll freak out at the premarket. Macros look ok other than looming CPI. Who wants to bet we close at max pain?

NASDAQ-100 based ETF: QQQ up sharply on the CPI report:

QQQ.Nov-CPI-Report.2021-12-10.08-38.png.png

More telling, they use a 115 kWh battery to lose to Tesla's 100 kWh battery. Non-EV people don't realize how much longer it takes to charge a car on a road trip when it uses a bigger battery to achieve less range.

The EQS 580 is not expected to be available until mid-2022. Bjorn must have a pre-production model? The 2021 EQS 450+ sedan is only available in very limited quantities. Warranty is only 50,000 miles, price is high, I don't expect to see many of these on the road helping out the mission. They are probably being sold at a loss for the emission credits and to gain experience with EV's.

Does the EQS use pouch batteries too?

The strength of Tesla's castings will be whatever Tesla engineers want it to be depending upon whether they want more strength or lighter weight. Pound for pound it's stronger, stiffer and more corrosion resistant than steel. So, they will probably design it to be stronger, lighter and stiffer. All good, especially if it can be made cheaper due to less floor space, fewer robots and less time and labor.

The funniest and most ironic result of die casting almost everything will be that Tesla will have panel gaps that will be impossible to beat with stamping… the Q brigade will have to find something else