Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Giga Berlin: This whole process has shown that authorities are either corrupt/protectionist, or inept. Sorry, those are the only two options, and neither looks good. Expect a few more weeks before they begin production. Not sure if Elon should start laying on pressure to turn the screws. On the one hand, he could have a lot of influence. On the other, it could backfire. Either way, it doesn’t look good for Brandenburg. Maybe he can find a way to gently get them moving via a tactful Twitter post. (Meh, what am I thinking?)

I think you don't understand the cultural differences between the US and Germany.
It's all about upfront verification and due process.
Issuing US style fines after environmental pollution is not an option.
If there is any issue in the process or documents, someone will move this through all possible instances and force a revocation of the permits.

Yes, there are mountains of regulations and responsible departments and many opportunities to streamline the whole process.
But the building with preliminary permits already rubs many the wrong way by 'creating irrevocable facts' (yes, a narrative pushed by bad actors) and the adjustments to the permits process proposed by Tesla (rather reasonable throughput optimization changes) where summarized as 'evading regulations'.
Forcing anything is certain to backfire.

I think you don't understand the cultural differences between the US and Germany.
It's all about upfront verification and due process.
Issuing US style fines after environmental pollution is not an option.
If there is any issue in the process or documents, someone will move this through all possible instances and force a revocation of the permits.

Yes, there are mountains of regulations and responsible departments and many opportunities to streamline the whole process.
But the building with preliminary permits already rubs many the wrong way by 'creating irrevocable facts' (yes, a narrative pushed by bad actors) and the adjustments to the permits process proposed by Tesla (rather reasonable throughput optimization changes) where summarized as 'evading regulations'.
Forcing anything is certain to backfire.
Would announcing a Northvolt contract help?

Exactly. I'm in the camp that doesn't think Inflation is going to be sticking around for that long or be that extreme due to a number much larger deflationary forces, but I still think the Fed's are going to raise rates enough to where the bubble valuation of low revenue/no earnings/big potential stocks are going to continue to be hammered for the next couple of years. Some of these companies will actually succeed and their valuations will go up in the future, but we're talking like 3-5 years from now.

ARK is hoping that the burst bubble of these kinds of stocks will quickly re-inflate. I tend to think it's going to long and slow re-inflation of the valuation of these companies. In the meantime, they're using their TSLA shares as a piggy bank right as Tesla is about to go on a huge expansion. It feels more like desperation here instead of using logic.
Hope is not an investment strategy.
In my view , she is a big promoter, and I stay away
from grand future visions and platitudes,
Though I wish her good fortune.

Reactions: Scuttlebutt
Moron commentary…..

How can you be "CEO" of an organization of ONE??

TSLA should be sold ahead of P and D cause some cameras for some cars and also the Chinese army is mobilizing to occupy Shanghai factory to retaliate for SpaceX attack on China Space Station./s

Note that I had to put the sarcasm indicator there to avoid some algo from picking up on my comment and dropping the SP 600 points. / s

Alright I am all out of /s

Cannot compare capitalization directly to expenses because there’s PE ratio. 200 x 350k is $70M extra expense, with forward PE of 200 that’s $70M x 200 / 1.09T capitalization = 1.3% impact to SP.

Usually the market shrugs off one-time events after awhile. But after adding a little fear, 1-2% doesn’t seem entirely out of line short-term, whether short term is hours, days, or weeks.

Besides, this is the perfect time for MM to guide SP towards max pain or whatever other magic number helps someone, and one more buying opportunity. BAU!

Last edited:
Our (sold) newer VW Beetle had this same problem. I soldered it twice, was a high fatigue point. I don’t recall it being news worthy. Desperate for a last chance dip?

Bunch of little thing started breaking after warrantee - parachute strings on the top broke, rear plastic (top) delaminated, visor mount broke, center console latch broke, and the battery was very hard to remove.

Then I needed special tools to drop the pan for an oil change… that’s literally when I had enough. Didn’t want to be the mechanic anymore, and it was literally when we started considering an EV. Our Nissan Murano did much better, but I did not enjoy replacing the alternator let alone any belts!
It is pretty easy to throw shade on a wire set design that does not smear out the strain over a long section of wire by running along the hinge for a while to turn coat hanger like bending into slight twisting over a long section. But when you look at how the trunk hinge operates, turning sharp bends into gradual twists is not easy.

Using high strand count super-flex wire would solve it... In low volumes that is expensive as the wire suppliers see it as a margin opportunity. With Tesla's current volumes, margin demands from wire suppliers are less of an obstacle.

So as an investor, I don't see this as a mistake as much as reliability jitter on hard to solve problem.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Would announcing a Northvolt contract help?
Doubtful.
They could burn bridges and announce abandoning of all future expansion due to 'terrible business environment ' once the current phase is permitted and commissioned.
But they'll just call him a vulture.

Additionally once the initial factory is approved the spotlight will fade and additional expansion should be less contested and require far easier adjustment permits.

Last edited:
TSLA should be sold ahead of P and D cause some cameras for some cars and also the Chinese army is mobilizing to occupy Shanghai factory to retaliate for SpaceX attack on China Space Station./s

Note that I had to put the sarcasm indicator there to avoid some algo from picking up on my comment and dropping the SP 600 points. / s

Alright I am all out of /s
Think it's just computers sniffing out headwind articles doing their thing. No real investors sold.

Reactions: traxila