Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, but better yet if it wasn't a MANDATORY break. Faster charging is still better.

Porsche was seduced by the siren song of fast charging: 350KW and 800v. Königshutschlange! Now, Porsche has had to reduce charging speeds, and they face a significant unreported warranty crisis:

Be careful what you wish for. This story was first reported by @avoigt (good work, Alex!)

Cheers!

I said it two years ago and not much has changed.
Eateries will become Super Charger sites. Gas stations will close.
Eateries already have larger parking lots than they need probably due to some local government requirements for "restaurants." Each mcD's will have a few SC's. And very soon the charging at a McD's will be faster than a person can eat a big mac and fries.
A fast food place that doesn't have chargers will miss out on a lucrative revenue stream. Somehow solar arrays and battery storage will become part of the normal fast food eatery for its SC business.

Eateries already have larger parking lots than they need probably due to some local government requirements for "restaurants." Each mcD's will have a few SC's. And very soon the charging at a McD's will be faster than a person can eat a big mac and fries.
A fast food place that doesn't have chargers will miss out on a lucrative revenue stream. Somehow solar arrays and battery storage will become part of the normal fast food eatery for its SC business.

I can see that too! Also, the cost to have a wall charger is going to get so cheap and, potentially, a profit center for retail that every mall with a parking structure is going to have a wall charger per parking spot.

Not opposing your vision - but if charging is faster than a burger, how do you charge at a fastfood let alone an eatery/restaurant w/o hassle of parking twice? We still don't have auto-plug, so FSD is unfortunately not the answer with current hw layout of SuC

Reactions: VValleyEV
Porsche was seduced by the siren song of fast charging: 350KW and 800v. Königshutschlange! Now, Porsche has had to reduce charging speeds, and they face a significant unreported warranty crisis:

Be careful what you wish for. This story was first reported by @avoigt (good work, Alex!)

Cheers!
To be more precise the above mentioned issue with Porsche charging is not due to high speed DC supercharging though, it is because of bad BMS when AC charging at slow speed. Which of course is even worse since most of the time an EV is charged at home on AC.

If you had inspired your family or friends that investing in a better future can be profitable, you owe them a warning and explanation why ESG funds are a complete Wall Street fraud.

Here is the list of "Top 100 ESG" companies:

Notable Inclusions: Exxon, Goldman Sachs, Hershey
Notable Exclusions: Tesla, Square/Block, Beyond Meat

Because ESG future is of-course the World where underbanked diabetic consumers continue to ride ICE cars, buy gas and pay exorbitant credit card fees, while Big Oil CO2 competes with Big Ag methane for the top spot as a contributor to climate change.

Never mind ;) ESG consultant would say - it is all worthwhile because Boards' diversity quotas are met, Finance has carbon intensity tracking and HR has detailed reporting of statistical distribution of melatonin and pronouns among staff and suppliers.

Cathie Woods is on the record pointing out greenwashing. Then there is a new up and coming wave of brownwashing propelled by rapidly growing DEI consulting industry (those people have operating margins ... wow!!!).
Both are just getting started.

Last edited:
Not opposing your vision - but if charging is faster than a burger, how do you charge at a fastfood let alone an eatery/restaurant w/o hassle of parking twice? We still don't have auto-plug, so FSD is unfortunately not the answer with current hw layout of SuC
I keep bugging them but I think they hate EVs.

1641918859596.png

Okay, today's TSLA action so far clearly needs a kick start and we know what has worked in the past.

So, @Prunesquallor should take a bike ride, and @Krugerrand needs to take @Unpilot for a walk.

As for me, I'm going to go work on MTB trail.

If we all pull together, perhaps this will influence the SP to migrate in an upwards direction more consistently for the rest of the day.

Let's GO!
Unfortunately, I’m rebuilding the bike, so no rides for a couple of weeks.

Colonoscopies for everyone!

I wonder if I am correct in my assumption that a stand alone SC Business relying mainly on Solar would be profitable in and of itself? Or would it only be worthwhile because of the increase in traffic to the main business?
My main focus would be how many times would a solar battery and panel set up have to be filled and drained for it to pay for itself? a few variables there.
Initial capital cost.

Price per Kw. variables according to source and/or source costs. People now pay a "feel good" premium to buy Solar-produced electricity even though it is cheaper) Also overnight electricity is often cheaper from the local company, but all of them have a plan where you can buy electricity cheaper at some time of the day. The batteries could be topped off at night for the morning rush hour. The Sun helps during the day...

number of transactions in a day. Every KW that goes through the batteries is going to create positive $.
Incomplete as my thinking is, it should be profitable.

If you had inspired your family or friends that investing in a better future can be profitable, you owe them a warning and explanation why ESG funds are a complete Wall Street fraud.

Here is the list of "Top 100 ESG" companies:

Notable Inclusions: Exxon, Goldman Sachs, Hershey
Notable Exclusions: Tesla, Square/Block, Beyond Meat

Because ESG future is of-course the World where underbanked diabetic consumers continue to ride ICE cars, buy gas and pay exorbitant credit card fees, while Big Oil CO2 competes with Big Ag methane for the top spot as a contributor to climate change.

Never mind ;) ESG consultant would say - it is all worthwhile because Boards' diversity quotas are met, Finance has carbon intensity tracking and HR has detailed reporting of statistical distribution of melatonin and pronouns among staff and suppliers.

Cathie Woods is on the record pointing out greenwashing. Then there is a new up and coming wave of brownwashing propelled by rapidly growing DEI consulting industry (those people have operating margins ... wow!!!).
Both are just getting started.
Here's why Bloomberg - The ESG Mirage (archive)

Extracts:
(...) the ratings don’t measure a company’s impact on the Earth and society. In fact, they gauge the opposite: the potential impact of the world on the company and its shareholders. MSCI doesn’t dispute this characterization. (...)

In this assessment, as in all others, MSCI was looking only at whether environmental issues had the potential to harm the company. Any mitigation of risks to the planet was incidental. (...)

No matter how big a company’s greenhouse gas emissions are, they might not even count in MSCI’s ESG rating. As long as regulations aimed at mitigating climate change pose no threat to the company’s bottom line, MSCI deems emissions irrelevant.

Easy. You do old style A&W/Sonic parking set up.

2022 Non-GAAP EPS

Below is a link to my 2022 Tesla Forecast. I will update this throughout the year as quarterly results get published.
My Non-GAAP EPS is $14.15. Here is how it compares to other forecasts:

$20.86 - James Stephenson (Twitter)
$14.15 - The Accountant (TMC)
$12.80 - Gary Black (Twitter)
$ 8.76 - Wall Street (via Yahoo Finance)