Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is no one buying today? is everyone out of powder?
Yes out of powder, but I’m also letting all this blow over before going on margin to buy the dip. I think it can still go lower, but if not and it stabilizes/goes up even to $900, I’m still getting an amazing price. So it’s worth it to wait it out.

Is no one buying today? is everyone out of powder?
Way too much YOY growth in delivered durable goods, revenue, and FCF. Pivoting to a software product to increase growth and revenue since 50% YOY is not enough. Shifting to own the market between dedicated fixed manufacturing robots and humans, where humans do not want to nor should be doing menial repetitive tasks that still require dexterity and confronts variation per unit task.

Just an FYI...I drive FSD Beta every day. In my opinion, people spend an inordinate amount if time focusing on what it can't do and precious little on what it can do. No, it is not ready for wide spread release nor Level 5 status. That said, it is correct and safe 99% of the time. In fact, it has saved me from imminent accidents more than once. As it exists right now, when used in conjunction with an attentive driver, it is saving lives. It is avoiding accidents, saving people potential medical expenses and repair bills, and reducing the owner's exposure to potential rising insurance rates from accidents.

On top of that, it is getting better. With every update it is smoother, more confident, and more consistent. Let's focus on what it IS accomplishing and how it IS improving, maybe not so much on what it can't do...YET.

As Elon has said many times, this is an incredibly difficult problem to solve. One which nobody else seems willing to tackle meaningfully. The street seems only willing to give credence to the potential economics of FSD. There is far more to FSD than Robotaxis, and in the area of safety it is already saving lives. To me, that is the real focus here. Tesla is solving this problem...weather a bunch of suits and talking heads on CNBC recognize it's value or not.

Dan

If I had an marketing budget at Tesla, this is what I would be pushing hard. FSD + attentive driver is much safer.

Not having FSD, is it more enjoyable, less stressful?

To distract from the current stock market nonsense a marginal news including translation attempt from Berlin/Grünheide per Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ):

Tesla buys its own track for shuttle train to factory

Tesla has purchased an existing track from Deutsche Regionaleisenbahn Gruppe DRE to improve connections to its factory in Grünheide, near Berlin. A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Planning confirmed the news on Thursday. According to the statement, the U.S. electric carmaker plans to run a shuttle train at shift change times until the new Fangschleuse station goes into operation, from Erkner to a new stop on the track south of the plant site.

All wallstreet cares about are vehicles vehicles vehicles, ignoring FSD, Bot, Dojo, everything that makes Tesla unique and not 'another car company.'

They are carving Tesla into their own narrative and comparing it to other car OEMs, and they are doing this while Tesla is literally giving away the happy ending.

60,000 FSD beta users from yesterday. No one is talking about it; Tesla is collecting data, updating software twice a month, working towards 'better than a human' driving by end of year.

Dojo? Elon basically said FSD doesn't need it, didn't give clear directions on this and made it an hiring pitch.
Bot? Elon said if they can't utilize it themselves, then it doesn't make sense selling it.

It is clear they are solely focused on solving FSD, and wallstreet pegs them as 'another car company' with a high P/E ratio.

Why is it so high? Because you f*cking carved Tesla into your own narrative.

Or they should stick to the truth and tell long-term investors (like most of us here, I hope) what their plans are. I like hearing that they believe FSD matters more than cheap EVs, and that they expect bots to make more profits than EV.s And that they're delaying Semi, Roadster and Cybertruck due to chip shortages so they can produce as many EVs as possible now.

I don't care about a short drop in the stock price. Honesty (even at a cost) is worth far more to long term investors than a fake narrative to please Wall Street (and their mischievous analysts). The rest is noise.
Don't be ridiculous. They can be honest without rambling about all the negatives for half an hour.

All wallstreet cares about are vehicles vehicles vehicles, ignoring FSD, Bot, Dojo, everything that makes Tesla unique and not 'another car company.'

They are carving Tesla into their own narrative and comparing it to other car OEMs, and they are doing this while Tesla is literally giving away the happy ending.

60,000 FSD beta users from yesterday. No one is talking about it; Tesla is collecting data, updating software twice a month, working towards 'better than a human' driving by end of year.

Dojo? Elon basically said FSD doesn't need it, didn't give clear directions on this and made it an hiring pitch.
Bot? Elon said if they can't utilize it themselves, then it doesn't make sense selling it.

It is clear they are solely focused on solving FSD, and wallstreet pegs them as 'another car company' with a high P/E ratio.

Why is it so high? Because you f*cking carved Tesla into your own narrative.
No all WallStreet cares about is the announcement of NEW vehicles, regardless of how little production can be made ;)

If Wall St actually cared about vehicles, vehicles, vehicles.....they would have loved Tesla's earnings call since Tesla said they're focused on maximizing deliveries this year

Also don't look now but Tesla trades at a forward P/E of only 2-3x Ford's 🤣 🙃

I think this is worth sharing in this thread, even though not directly about investing.

The Twitter account Elon Musk’s Jet has been posting tracking data about where Elon's jet goes with dates, times, and places. Elon has contacted them, asked them to stop due to security concerns, and offered $5000. The account owner responded that they want $50,000 from Elon to stop.

If you are following thr Elon Musk’s Jet account on Twitter, I request that you consider unfollowing that account. Thank you.

If I had an marketing budget at Tesla, this is what I would be pushing hard. FSD + attentive driver is much safer.

Not having FSD, is it more enjoyable, less stressful?
Honestly, it is a bit unnerving initially. After a few days you learn where potential problems might be for the system. It is a learning process, but knowing that you are a very small part of making the system better is very gratifying. This is completely new territory and progess, or lack there of, is based on totally unprecedented data processing, analysis, and application.

Nobody can accurately predict the rate of progress, not even Elon, because it has never been done before.

Dan