Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting ready to do the same myself. I'm kinda wondering if the final pushdown is going to coincide with Feb China numbers + FUD leading up to Giga Berlin decision/approval.
I'm trying to sort out a combination of date and SP to convert. Tho I'm a bit wary of jumping today because I've already done this twice in the current downturn.

Early next week if we're way below 800? Late next week if just at 800?

I'm still inclined to keep waiting if I have any jitters, optimists like me are always early on a recovery/pop.

That's likely why we're diving so far so fast. No one is really selling, but no one was really buying either. Just few shares conjured and sold by the MMs can drop us way down. They're shaking the tree.

There is a huge difference between achieving 'fusion power production' and achieving Net fusion power output, which is producing more energy from the fusion reactions than was input to the device to produce them. ITER is the only scientific/engineering boondoggle that eclipses the Space Launch System - SLS. ITER is years late and billions over budget. Current estimate is 22B. Only the first tests may begin in 2025. Reaching full fusion is projected to take 10 more years.

ITER - Wikipedia
"The reactor was expected to take 10 years to build and ITER had planned to test its first plasma in 2020 and achieve full fusion by 2023, however the schedule is now to test first plasma in 2025 and full fusion in 2035."

One of the private fusion companies (TAE, Helion, General Fusion, etc) are likely to demonstrate fusion breakeven a decade or less before ITER.
However it is the constant downward slope of solar and wind renewable energy cost that makes widespread commercial fusion energy unlikely.
The cost of solar PV per KWh will to be so low when one or more non tokamak approaches are ready to build large commercial plants, it just won't make economic sense to invest the billions to build them, when each KWh they produce costs 5 - 10 times more than power from additional solar PV installations with battery storage. Tony Seba's latest analysis/projections also make this clear.
This is helpful and more or less confirms my suspicions. That said, I wish it weren't so. Earth-based solar in particular is a great source of fusion energy and we should bias our use toward it. But it is not only intermittent in the short term, but also sometimes has years-long periods of low insolation due to volcanoes, meteors, and (God-forbid) nuclear winter. This is nothing imminent, just a civilization-level consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy O
OK, guys no fear. This cannot be beat.

All I can say is 420 for 420 we are in!

Based on this we will be at 840 by end of week before blasting off!
420 for 420!.jpg