Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jack Rickard. Am I a dead whistleblower

Whoa! Whoa!

That's some pretty advanced material for someone who currently hates Elon Musk, no?

Baby steps. Little baby steps.

Hey guys. I've seen that @sawyermerritt has just started this thread with a new update on the VIN that was shared on TMC by newMYPowner, and the VIN shared later that night by Drive Tesla Canada. You can find his updates in this thread:

Hey guys. I've seen that @sawyermerritt has just started this thread with a new update on the VIN that was shared on TMC by newMYPowner, and the VIN shared later that night by Drive Tesla Canada. You can find his updates in this thread:

It looks like a few deliveries from Texas will be starting this week and ramping from there.

Congrats to the Texas team for making this happen!

There is an exclusive article in the German newspaper "Tagesspiegel" claiming that the final approval for Giga Berlin should happen on Thursday or Friday next week . As the article is behind a paywall, I don't know more as of now.

Link:

There is an exclusive article in the German newspaper "Tagesspiegel" claiming that the final approval for Giga Berlin should happen on Thursday or Friday next week . As the article is behind a paywall, I don't know more as of now.

Link:

That would be a pleasant surprise, and Tagesspiegel appears reputable.

Seems like we're on the cusp of a lot of good news recently for a change. This and Texas GF, Starlink in Ukraine, and maybe even a tad less vitriol in social and the media? One can only hope, but maybe the tide will turn for Q1.

Link:
Lovely coincidence

0% valuation on a key aspect of the business (FSD) is very stupid of me.
Another part of the business that most analysts give a 0% valuation is Tesla energy.

I know that the energy business is hard to value right now, but unlike FSD, energy is a sure thing. It will definitely be extremely valuable. Long term, I like it better than the auto business.

Help needed! Calling any of you brilliant bunch for help converting someone from an Elon (and hence Tesla) hater to a Tesla lover!....
Do any of you have some great links saved for info to give such a person?

I gave a lift to a colleague yesterday who has always hated Elon and never been in a Tesla...spent the whole ride answering the typical questions you would imagine. Made good progress and she would like to know more about Tesla and why they are so good, etc etc.

I haven't yet compiled links to any great articles or have any examples written down, can you share any that you may have please? ;):):cool:

Thanks in advance
Regarding Elon the person, the short version is:
He made ~$100m from PayPal.
But instead of living a jetset life with parties, yachts and islands, he poured it all into SpadeX and Tesla, to fight climate change and inspire mankind.
And because no one wanted to work with this delirious geek, he's now the chief engineer for both.
So he's a successful self-taught 'rocket scientist' who builds the best & most profitable EVs.
And contrary to what most media coverage tries to imply, he isn't a billionaire with eccentric hobbies, but he became a billionaire because he turned his dreams into reality.

Last edited:

Link:

🤞

Link:
The wording on that is a bit fuzzy but I think it’s saying Thursday or Friday of this upcoming week correct?

I don't have the links saved, but I would suggest one of the YouTube videos that are basically chronologies of Elon's life, including all his trials and successes. I think these show the amazing human behind the man better than anything that is overtly pro-Elon or pro-Tesla.

Paging @NooB_cat

Tesla fan makes 3D Elon Musk tribute video, and it's pretty darn awesome - Teslarati.com www.teslarati.com › Lifestyle

Kinda silly ending, Elon driving a Roadster on Mars. Everyone knows that's gonna be a Cybertruck! ;)

Pressurized Tesla Cybertruck To Be Official Pickup Truck Of Mars

insideevs.com › Tesla › Cybertruck › News

Ceres!

Last edited:
Help needed! Calling any of you brilliant bunch for help converting someone from an Elon (and hence Tesla) hater to a Tesla lover!....
Do any of you have some great links saved for info to give such a person?

I gave a lift to a colleague yesterday who has always hated Elon and never been in a Tesla...spent the whole ride answering the typical questions you would imagine. Made good progress and she would like to know more about Tesla and why they are so good, etc etc.

I haven't yet compiled links to any great articles or have any examples written down, can you share any that you may have please? ;):):cool:

Thanks in advance
Please state the obvious-- tesla is up to no good... And it is better to cancel your cybertruck reservation asap, please spread this information widely, asking for a friend...

Regarding Elon the person, the short version is:
He made ~$100m from PayPal.
But instead of living a jetset life with parties, yachts and islands, he poured it all into SpadeX and Tesla, to fight climate change and inspire mankind.
And because no one wanted to work with this delirious geek, he's now the chief engineer for both.
So he's a successful self-taught 'rocket scientist' who builds the best & most profitable EVs.
And contrary to what most media coverage tries to imply, he isn't a billionaire with eccentric hobbies, but he became a billionaire because he realized his dreams.

I agree, and I would emphasize your last point: "contrary to most media coverage."

Or maybe try the Socratic method on the Elon hater. Ask her: If an entrepreneur was destroying some of the most powerful industries on Earth (fossil fuels, ICE automotive, orbital launch), what would be the response of media owned by or dependent on those industries? Why do you believe anything you've been told about that man?

Link:
That’s a construction permit. But giga Berlin will still need an operating permit in order to build and sell cars. That could take a few more weeks.

That’s a construction permit. But giga Berlin will still need an operating permit in order to build and sell cars. That could take a few more weeks.

Dear lord that country and it's permits.

Btw, Sawyer ended up paying to get past the paywall.

Opening events planned for March 22nd/23rd. First 30 Model Y's handed over at the event. Elon flying in for it. Local police/authorities already been notified to starts preparations.

I don't know how to reconcile the information in the article with what Alex is saying. The article is saying Model Y deliveries will happen at the event. But Alex's tweet is saying they still need operating permit. If the operating permit is still needed to sell any Model Y produced, then I find it hard to believe that they would be planning the event, the Y deliveries, etc... given uncertainty about an apparent operating approval needed. Doesn't seem to add up

Last edited:
If Tesla is planning on delivering Berlin and Austin made Y's in March which now seems likely, I think they'll definitely recognize the tax allowance in Q1 to offset the hit from deliveries starting from both. I was originally thinking since it was only looking like Austin was going to make deliveries in Q1, that they might hold off on the tax allowance until Q2.

I don't know how to reconcile the information in the article with what Alex is saying. The article is saying Model Y deliveries will happen at the event. But Alex's tweet is saying they still need operating permit. If the operating permit is still needed to sell any Model Y produced, then I find it hard to believe that they would be planning the event, the Y deliveries, etc... given uncertainty about an apparent operating approval needed. Doesn't seem to add up
The construction permit, which greenlights everything they WANT to build, is expected for next week.
This still leaves a few weeks for the operating permit, which greenlights WHAT they've built and HOW it's used.