Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have no idea what the term hyperinflation means, when you write like that. In hyperinflationary times, it is cheaper to take a taxi than it is a street bus. 99 TeslaPoints for the first to explain why, but @jbcarioca cannot play.
You pay for the bus upfront. You pay for the taxi after. Used to know someone who survived Germany in the early 1920s.Nocturnal’s answer is better.

You have no idea what the term hyperinflation means, when you write like that. In hyperinflationary times, it is cheaper to take a taxi than it is a street bus. 99 TeslaPoints for the first to explain why, but @jbcarioca cannot play.
You're right, I just looked up the definition of hyperinflation. Let me change my wording to "very high inflation". And, I'll go on record predicting the next 12 months will see reported inflation of more than 6%.

• Funny
Reactions: Dig deeper
Ordered a Model X December 9 2021:
  • Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Price $125,990.

Same configuration now on site: $144,940.

Now that's inflation :p

Waiting for December 2022 delivery. This demand destruction is such a drag.

:D:p
Mine $114,790 for same configuration but with the 7-seat option ($3,000 less than 6-seat). I ordered Jan 27, 2021. That’s $27K or about 20% discount from current price. July 2022 delivery estimate.

Tesla hasn’t started producing my car yet, so in a way by honoring my price they are giving up 20% margin on my car.

New car pricing tells me we lost more % than we thought this year if we "Adjust for Inflation."
However, pending news tells me it's all coming back and will more than "Over-Compensate for Inflation."

Wouldn't it be cool if Thurs (St. Patrick's Day) was the day my dog got really lucky? Or maybe next year... who knows.

Cheers!

Reactions: Nocturnal
Water concerns and protests aren't limited to Germany, Rivian factory facing push back in Georgia USA. Scratch that state off for any future Tesla factories.

Hyperinflation is when you go to a crowded bakery with a wheelbarrow of cash - have to leave it outside - order the buns, come out to get the money, find the money is still there but the wheelbarrow's been nicked.

Or you use cash as fuel for your heating system.

Hyperinflation is when you go to a crowded bakery with a wheelbarrow of cash - have to leave it outside - order the buns, come out to get the money, find the money is still there but the wheelbarrow's been nicked.

Or you use cash as fuel for your heating system.
Reminds me... my Dad used to use money to line his clothing for warmth. Makes cents!

Water concerns and protests aren't limited to Germany, Rivian factory facing push back in Georgia USA. Scratch that state off for any future Tesla factories.

Yes, we can see that environmental laws are double-edged. Don't expect the opponents of your mission to forgo use of this weapon.

Reminds me... my Dad used to use money to line his clothing for warmth. Makes cents!

where was Dad from ... Zimbabwe? :)
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.19.07 AM.png

where was Dad from ... Zimbabwe? :)
View attachment 781254
It's likely stories from several wars he was in from the Mex revolution (post 1920), to Canadian Army sent in to defend Brits interest in Hong Kong and was captured for 4 yrs. Amazing I'm alive actually. So, not sure where it was, could have been overseas, could have been a war story, IDK.

(Edit: Or the Great Depression?)

Sellable production Y's are now coming off the lines at Giga Berlin (Well according to Sawyer's source haha)

If true, given that they've been able to test the lines, I would imagine they'll hit the ground running. Might deliver 1,000-1,500 Y's in Germany before the end of March.

Also, if you watch the Giga Austin drone videos, seems like cars are being moved/gone. Noticeably big chunk of Y's are now gone. I've noticed over the past week to week and half that car locations have seemingly been moved many times, for really no apparent reason. Could be that the cars weren't moved, they were taken away and new cars replaced them.

Mine $114,790 for same configuration but with the 7-seat option ($3,000 less than 6-seat). I ordered Jan 27, 2021. That’s $27K or about 20% discount from current price. July 2022 delivery estimate.

Tesla hasn’t started producing my car yet, so in a way by honoring my price they are giving up 20% margin on my car.
My long range 2020 Raven model S was a bargain , at least $25,000 less than the current model.

The cure for high commodity prices, is high prices, encouraging more production and
less demand .

The negative wealth effect coupled with high prices will dampen demand. Moreover
as supply issues diminish and supplies increase, high prices will be reversed.

Reactions: WarpedOne