Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dividend…..Curious how that will go

same as last time, where the split was also a dividend.

At the time some folks dug into the rules of Delaware (where Tesla is incorporated) and basically that's the term used for splits there.

Others believe it makes a more substantive difference to use that term- it was a matter of...considerable debate- so you can go back and read through it if interested- hopefully we don't spend 100 pages rehashing it again with the same both sides convinced they're right.

Wish I didn’t drop the ball on buying these. The split explains it and that there was some sketchy stuff going on. How else is this explained? lol
Me too. In fact, we could'a, should'a, and would'a if we'd known what was gonna happen....

...but we didn't and we wish we had.

Bet it's the first time that ever happened, huh???

Hey, at least June 2024 options are out now!!

Tesla plans another stock split CNN (40 min ago)

TSLA.2022-03-28.06-00.png

"Watch ye, for ye know not when the Master of the House cometh"​

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Mar 28, 2022 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Mar 29, 2022 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1,062.455 +51.815 (+5.13%)
Pre-Market Volume2,569,536
Pre-Market High$1,079.70 (08:00:03 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1,002.22 (04:01:01 AM)

Last edited:
This was a month ago....

I was on noticing Friday how shorts were heavily defending 1,000 SP. So if I were to pick the moment when to announce a split, it would be right when short interests is highest, likely at some psycho barrier like 1,000. I don't know if was "highest" or not, I just know TSLA was quite busy to close above 1,000 and suspect we'll know soon enough. @Artful Dodger?

Looking at this morning another way, as of 14 minutes into trading TSLA is now down only 10.14% YTD.

Come on, 1Q!!!!!!
7M shares in 15mins, not bad.

Just took a peek at short interest and apparently up about 1M shares mid-March vs mid-Feb. Tho still a good bit lower than recent highs, this should add some fuel as the desperate retail short may have doubled down going into today.

We have no way of knowing how much naked short volume exists or the various MM's positions, but the float certainly has felt tight this entire time. By official stats 3% of the float is short, but reality is probably more like 15% of the truly available float. Then there's all the naked short positions.....

While checking out short interest I noticed on fintel.io they note the following:

Screenshot_20220328-095137_Chrome.jpg

What's that all about? Can they actually shed any light on dark pool volumes?

Assuming this is not the last split, the question is then how often do you want to do stock splits?
I'd say let's do 1:5, perhaps 1:10 max, but I wouldn't go to 1:20. We need to leave some room for further splits in the upcoming years! ;)

Upto 2000, 1:5 back to 400 would work. (Most might also prefer more like 1:10)

Some options needs for the next time MM, short sellers play foul :)

Rinse & Repeat :) :)

Assuming this is not the last split, the question is then how often do you want to do stock splits?
I'd say let's do 1:5, perhaps 1:10 max, but I wouldn't go to 1:20. We need to leave some room for further splits in the upcoming years! ;)
I like the idea of keeping this one at 10:1 so the market cap calculation is easy. Then another 5:1 down the line on the next 5x.