Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here comes CNBC - Craig Irwin, TSLA perma-bear, on talking the stock down. Why give this guy airtime - he has a price target of $250?!!!! He has been wrong for years. He is almost as bad as Gordon Johnson.
Just like last time we'll hear the media pushing the "a stock split does not add any value to the company, so this rally is unjustified" narrative over and over again.

We went over this many times. I'll give the TL;DR so we don't have to spend 20 pages on this again:
In theory a stock split does indeed not make the company more valuable, but in reality a split has the effect of the stock being more accessible to investors with little $$ to invest (and no ability to buy fractional shares) therefore the stock sees more demand than before the split but the same amount of supply. Result: higher share price.

EDIT: and what @TheTalkingMule said 😊

The split will make it very likely that TSLA will be joining DJIA which is stock price weighted (vs market cap in S&P500).
At 3% entry into $10T index... that's another $300B of float that will get locked up. Buckle up!

That's not happening anytime before the collapse of big oil. Two years from now at the earliest.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
We went over this many times. I'll give the TL;DR so we don't have to spend 20 pages on this again:
In theory a stock split does indeed not make the company more valuable, but in reality a split has the effect of the stock being more accessible to investors with little $$ to invest (and no ability to buy fractional shares) therefore the stock sees more demand than before the split but the same amount of supply. Result: higher share price.
Your TLDR is too short. The biggest impact is forcing market maker naked short positions to cover before the actual split.

Case in point: I just text my brother in-law who got out waaaay too early years ago and a friend that was never able to get in due to the high price.

Your TLDR is too short. The biggest impact is forcing market maker naked short positions to cover before the actual split.

1648477461725.png

Oh ya... it's all coming back now. It's like a refresher course on how/why HODL.
I made a more detailed(and I would consider most accurate) TSLA investment strategy post back on page 1 of this thread. 2nd or 3rd post in the thread. I don't like to give actual investing advice here, but when you have some time today pop back and read thru it. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: JimS and SOULPEDL