Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Albemarle at a P/E of 8. I can state categorically that I have not, would not and never will buy a resource company at that level. I also urge anyone interested in such a firm to disregard that RockStock's lithium hydroxide and spodumene price charts, and look well before them - at least a ten-year price chart. More specifically than this is not an appropriate topic for this thread.

I find the posts concerning such acts as recently as the 1950s as an incredible abuse of power and threat to the nation. I hadn't realized that such abuses occurred outside of wartime.

FWIW, 1951, the date of the article, was wartime- Korea specifically.

The National Production Authority (the agency cited in the story about car quotas from 1951) was disbanded just a couple months after the armistice in 1953.

The underlying law of the defense production act (also a product of the Korean war, passed in 1950), remains on the books though... and has been used a bunch of times since then.... including to provide funding to get domestic aluminum and titanium industries going and diversifying us energy supply through the years, as well as develop new technologies and manufacturing thereof.

it's one of those things that certainly has high potential for abuse, but has mostly been used positively and as intended.

Apparently Time left Tesla and SpaceX off their 100 most influential companies list (Rivian and BYD on there). I completely agree…not fair to the others to call CHOAM a company…

In all seriousness, can we stop for a minute to appreciate the absurdity of this omission? Yes yes advertising and whatnot. But:

Who is influencing the future of transportation any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the fight against climate change any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the transition to renewable energy any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the future of space travel and exploration any more than SpaceX?
Who is influencing the future of AI any more than Tesla?

I guess transportation, climate change, renewable energy, space travel, and AI are pretty trivial and useless things. Unlike the metaverse…
Emma Barker, senior editor at Time (one of the editors in charge of the list), on Twitter showing off Rivian's Scaringe

TSLA.emma.barker.6.jpg

Apparently Time left Tesla and SpaceX off their 100 most influential companies list (Rivian and BYD on there). I completely agree…not fair to the others to call CHOAM a company…

In all seriousness, can we stop for a minute to appreciate the absurdity of this omission? Yes yes advertising and whatnot. But:

Who is influencing the future of transportation any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the fight against climate change any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the transition to renewable energy any more than Tesla?
Who is influencing the future of space travel and exploration any more than SpaceX?
Who is influencing the future of AI any more than Tesla?

I guess transportation, climate change, renewable energy, space travel, and AI are pretty trivial and useless things. Unlike the metaverse…
They named Elon "Man of the Year" though. I think it's just Time Magazine, famously lambasted as "The Magazine for People Who Can't Think"

Reactions: UncaNed
In a way this announcement helps the shorts - they now know there will be no split before the shareholders meeting. It removed one possibility in this period.
It also brought in people who want to front run the split.
Who will win?

Give Elon's opinion of shorting, it wouldn't surprise me if Elon has a trick (or two) for them up his sleeve.

In a way this announcement helps the shorts - they now know there will be no split before the shareholders meeting. It removed one possibility in this period.
It also brought in people who want to front run the split.
Who will win?

I will.
Hold.
They don’t know when the shareholder meeting is going to be. Odds are it’s going to be in June this year given the timing of this announcement.

That gives them 2 months……not a lot of time. And if Tesla has any further surprise announcements in between now and end of May, they could be force to cover or find shares to return their naked shorting at a higher share price.

Shorts and those naked shorting definitely do not have a leg up now that Tesla has announced its initentons to request more shares. If anything, they’ve been given a lifeline with the current China Covid situation. Odds are they won’t take it

Shanghai shut down extended.