Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I presuming wrong that all takeovers of publically traded companies involve a tender offer ?
Is the point here that Musk offered a stock price premium that was juicy enough to entice adequate current stockholder value ?

That would explain the capitulation, but not the outcome of the poison pill. It was said above that Musk avoided triggering the poison pill by having co-investors. Is that correct ?

I thought he avoided the Poison Pill by having the Twitter Board accept his offer.

He also could have avoided it via a tender offer directly to shareholders. (Plan B?)

And, by not purchasing more than 15% of shares (Poison Pill trigger) while holding out until the board capitulated.

That seems to be the current theory on twitter- that this is elon selling for $ for the purchase

Sqawksquare is the same person who predicted that Elon was not buying Twitter after Elon tweeted he was “moving on.” I don’t place much confidence in his tweets. I’m sticking to the fundamentals. I will most likely be adding shares as it drops.

I am, by word and by ten years of deed, quite benevolent. And I’ve often reminded all that this is not a democracy. As long as one is not interested in enriching oneself at the expense of one’s followers (check), or seeking after fame and glory (check check), then, @nativewolf and others, it’s not so difficult.
Indeed, TMC is not a government. Neither is twitter. Twitter is a company that seeks to make a profit. Despite all it rarely did. EM thinks he can do better and maybe he can. Frankly I don't care. I take exception to people describing dictatorships as efficient as they are not, by definition, efficient. Proven both empirically and philosophically; they leave ruin and fail to advance society. What EM is doing is a personal decision to bring economic efficiency to a money losing pig and to somehow conflate his behavior with dictatorships (which by definition constrain efficiency and limit rights) is a gross and terrible insult to EM. Horrible in every way.

Hope not. If the CEO of Tesla thinks a dollar invested in TWTR is worth more TO HUMANITY than investing that same dollar in TSLA it sends a pretty rotten message.
Elon 3.0 has to Elon 3.0 as @DaveT might (but didn't) say

It's not about money now, arguably hasn't been since 2.0. First was paypal - getting money, then 2.0 - saving humanity from pollution and certain death stranded on Earth, now it's saving humanity from culture wars, prepping us for energy and robot abundance, space travel.

TSLA-related, we'll see more of this in future and it will have effects on share prices, relationships with media, governments, people of all kinds. It's the new normal. So worth bearing in mind for investors and traders.

Probably only a few thousand people on Earth understands or know about this even as a claim, even those working at Tesla, fanbois etc. It takes a lot of unconventional thinking, but to me it seems obvious. And why not? Investors will be richer than needed, might take a little while longer or as these ideas take over, it could accelerate change, valuations. Kids who grew up screaming every time they saw a tesla will be drivers and investors soon.