Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm always happy to be wrong but this is 100% exactly the same as what happened that first day of the Much Has Been Made Of Saga.

(Edited via italics, as clarified in a further post) In MY opinion, Elon is selling, and this time he has up to $21 billion of shares he needs to unload. Best time is now right into the teeth of an oncoming recession I guess. At least this time we know what's going to happen. Elon prepared us for this latest round in the pain handbox last year.
Either back up that 100% incontrovertible, hard statement with some proof, or take a 420 week vacation. The amount of conspiratorial posts sloshing around this thread over the past days is alarming in that it shows how uninformed, lazy, unsophisticated or some combination of all three are too many members of this forum. A spectacularly high number of experienced investors have tirelessly spent up to a dozen years here assisting others - how it is that so much of that work is for naught does not provide much hope for the "individual investor" as a market force to be dealt with by any action other than....fleecing.

Last edited:
Just speculating but if they require some parts from China which are held up because of the ongoing lockdowns even outside of Shanghai it might cause delays.
I guess we're just blindly ignoring everything that was said on the earnings call. Because you can bet they were fully aware just 5 days ago about the status and limitations of their suppliers and yet they still gave the guidance that they did.

Nothing has changed in the past 5 days.

Did you see that 'robot conveyor' speed (@40 sec)? How the heck are they ever going to scale this past niche volumes??

The difference to Tesla manufacturing is like night and day.

Oh and big wow on the Giga Berlin imitation drone factory fly-through (I think that's cobbled together handheld footage).

Not just the factory performance, the pacing, the quality of the video.

The Berlin video one is short, digestible, and fun. Something you want to watch.

The Ford one is a painful infomercial and hard to watch.

Last edited:
I'm very excited to read this. However, it must be tricky for Walter to know where to end the book. Is it the twitter purchase this month, or the jewel in the Crown Austin gigafactory opening, or the Berlin opening last month, or the starship launch coming up in a few months, or the chat with Zelensky after providing Starlink access which could impact geopolitics for decades.

Quite the conundrum.

Apparently today, Putin turned off gas to several EU countries. This?
Not seeing that but he is warning Poland and I thought they just did a deal with Germany which explains the threat. I missed being at the last Kremlin May military parade by a few days last year. Does not look like there will be much to show this year other than styrofoam replicas.

Craig Irwin, TSLA perma-bear, about to come on CNBC. They bring this guy on every time there is a significant downturn in TSLA. The Wall Street scam on steroids. Success rate 46% and he is in the top 10% of analysts overall. Shows you what a joke most analysts are.

Either back up that 100% incontrovertible, hard statement with some proof, or take a 420 week vacation. The amount of conspiratorial posts sloshing around this thread over the past days is alarming in that it shows how uninformed, lazy, unsophisticated or some combination of all three are too many members of this forum. A spectacularly high number of experienced investors have tirelessly spent up to a dozen years here assisting others - how it is that so much of that work is for naught does not provide much hope for the "individual investor" as a market force to be dealt with by any action other than....fleecing.

I wrote that I was happy to be wrong and I figured that was enough for the rest of the post to clearly be my opinion, not statement of fact.

But I will clarify since everyone is in a bad mood today, including myself. It is my opinion, based on the previous event, and nothing else.

I've been here a number of years and I have always appreciated the many longtime posters here who have kept the faith and helped me keep believing in a better future. My posting history should be more than sufficient to demonstrate this.

I also believe that I am well liked here, and that in the past I have been a positive contributor to this community. However judging from the upvotes on this mod post celebrating my pending banishment I must have been mistaken. If so, then I will accept my punishment because I have a strict policy of not going where I am not wanted. If you don't want me here, then I will leave.

Understood: I have edited your post as per your statement above. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: