Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PPI report coming out this morning… it will be another interesting day in the market

U.S. Economic Calendar - MarketWatch

Time (ET)ReportPeriodActualMedian ForecastPrevious
THURSDAY, MAY 12
8:30 amInitial jobless claimsMay 7194,000200,000
8:30 amContinuing jobless claimsApril 30--1.38 million
8:30 amProducer price index (final demand)April0.5%1.4%

Last edited:
Breaking past $700 in pre-market

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-083655.png
    Screenshot_20220512-083655.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 64
TSLA continuing to be extremely weak against its beta. Down more than 3X it’s beta yet again today. Stock is absolutely being targeted at this point.
My best guess is that bad Q2 P&D numbers are starting to show. Some buyers are delaying their purchases, some traders shorting until the delivery numbers. If this is true, we might see some relief right after the numbers even if they suck.

So glad it's not just a TSLA thing ... ;)
back in 2013-1016 ... dumps like this used to be just a TSLA thing ....

more shuffling in my personal account(final account) ... whole market is cheap ... might has well take some losses on TSLA calls and buy shares/calls in other names .... 🤔

My best guess is that bad Q2 P&D numbers are starting to show. Some buyers are delaying their purchases, some traders shorting until the delivery numbers. If this is true, we might see some relief right after the numbers even if they suck.
That's like the worst best guess I have seen when Elon just 2 days ago said the biggest complaint is that Tesla is not making cars fast enough, making people angry that their wait time is extended.

I've no objection at all to you leveraging into LEAPs on a big dip.... I've got a little bit of one regarding doing it with less than a full year of time though.... Jan and Jun 2024 LEAPs are available, and average bear market is a little under 10 months. And especially when buying DITM LEAPs the time cost is pretty low to go out a bit further for safety.
Yes, you raise a good point, and I will roll them out much further if the SP does not recover by the end of summer.
I am hoping that the split will happen in August-Sept time-frame and that will cause enough rally to recover above 1100.
If that happens I plan to sell a portion of the LEAPs and use the money to exercise the rest, converting back to shares, hopefully to more shares than I had before this leveraging move. On the other hand if we are still in the ditch in September, then I roll out as far as I can and do the back conversion later.