Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out TSLA's volume in the Pre-market: (over 1.8M shares now at 08:59)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated May 12, 2022 08:51 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$700.8 -33.2 (-4.52%)
Pre-Market Volume1,698,011
Pre-Market High$731.59 (04:00:00 AM)
Pre-Market Low$697.14 (08:40:03 AM)

The chart below is NOT from today's pre-market session. It's the NASDAQ realtime chart from the last time we hit $700 (Feb 24, 2022)

TSLA.2022-02-24.09-30.png

TSLA.2022-02-24.16-00.png

TL;dr relax, everything will be fine in the long run. And that's the proper way to play TSLA.

Cheers to the Longs!

That's like the worst best guess I have seen when Elon just 2 days ago said the biggest complaint is that Tesla is not making cars fast enough, making people angry that their wait time is extended.
Troy Teslike estimates a bit over 250 000 deliveries for Q2. Last quarter deliveries were 310 000.

The fact that there are still shareholders who don't understand this makes me nervous, but I'm just praying that the ones with most money knows what is coming.

Edit: If someone is still confused, this is 100% due to shutdowns and part shortages. Obviously Tesla has not demand problem at the moment. Q2 financials will be based on deliveries, which will suck, like I said.

Calling a headfake bounce today. We will see green.… but may very well end red.

Just to be clear, not planning on trading at all.

Alternative may be true capitulation with high volumes and a five percent day minimum down across the board.

Hey I came here for the electric cars. Becoming filthy rich was just a side effect. Now I am just rich. Eh. I am privileged.

Long as I got the BEVs I am happy. Time for everyone else to get them too.

Would be nice to hear about production at other places except Shanghai. How is that going? Especially Fremont. Would think they would have gone to triple shifts… yeah I know not possible.

Still what are we doing to ramp production everywhere else? Have five factories dedicated to mobility one way or another.

Reactions: Dig deeper
Core PPI (month over month) came in lower than forecast but no reaction from the Market.

0.4% - Core PPI Actual
0.6% - Core PPI Forecast

0.5% - PPI Actual
0.5% - PPI Forecast
More or less those numbers should just stabilize things. We're going to end under 200 week EMA for the Nasdaq this week and that will set the stage for a rebound (haven't finished under two weeks in a row since 2008).

Core PPI (month over month) came in lower than forecast but no reaction from the Market.

0.4% - Core PPI Actual
0.6% - Core PPI Forecast

0.5% - PPI Actual
0.5% - PPI Forecast
April's PPI numbers look good compared to the March numbers and hopefully an indication that the trend will start to move down.

1.0% - Jan PPI
0.8% - Feb PPI
1.4% - Mar PPI
0.5% - Apr PPI (reported today)

0.8% - Jan Core PPI
0.2% - Feb Core PPI
1.0% - Mar Core PPI
0.4% - Apr Core PPI (reported today)

The Producer Price Index (PPI) is a leading indicator for the Consumer Price Index (CPI). This may bode well for May's CPI reading released in June . .🤞

Last edited:
Troy Teslike estimates a bit over 250 000 deliveries for Q2. Last quarter deliveries were 310 000.

The fact that there are still shareholders who don't understand this makes me nervous, but I'm just praying that the ones with most money knows what is coming.

Edit: If someone is still confused, this is 100% due to shutdowns and part shortages. Obviously Tesla has not demand problem at the moment. Q2 financials will be based on deliveries, which will suck, like I said.
"Some buyers are delaying their purchase" is the part I have a problem with. I mean Troy's number is just taking a flat estimate from q1 and then subtracting 60k out of Shanghai due to production issues. His numbers may not be very much off since Shanghai is only working with one 8hr shift.

Reactions: mongo
I've no objection at all to you leveraging into LEAPs on a big dip.... I've got a little bit of one regarding doing it with less than a full year of time though.... Jan and Jun 2024 LEAPs are available, and average bear market is a little under 10 months. And especially when buying DITM LEAPs the time cost is pretty low to go out a bit further for safety.
I'm selling my jan 2024 LEAPS and buying jun 2024's for that very reason. Longest time till expiration (to bridge over recession times) is worth a lot IMHO...

But I'm still a new guy to options...

Reactions: UCF3 and phantasms

Well I mean 250k is something I would actually take. It means they are only 60-80k off from Q1 even with China shutdowns. Which means they can easily make it up in Q3 as long as China manages to open up again.

Reactions: JoRoMo and elasalle