Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s kind of already in the plans, but it’s for selling completed tunnels, although it won’t work for train or bus projects because the diameter is too small.

Right now the product menu includes:
  • Loop (and “Hyperloop tomorrow”)
  • Pedestrian
  • Utility
  • Freight
  • Bare
If you need a cheap 12-ft underground tube with concrete walls, TBC’s got you covered.

The more tunnels they make, the cheaper it’ll get per mile, probably following a Wright’s Law cost curve like almost all new tech. So the existence of these other market needs besides Loop is good for us because the cumulative overall tunnel demand will drive economies of scale and innovation that end up reducing the price of Loops.

Loop right-of-way fees will be one of the primary elements of the cost structure of Tesla Network, so these scale benefits from Boring Co having such a large total addressable market will have positive knock-on effects for robotaxi profitability.

Lower robotaxi cost structure also enables expansion on the margin further out into lower density areas with previously unfavorable economics which further improves overall Tesla Network profit potential.

Question: is Prufrock capable of digging VERTICAL shafts? Seems like these would be necessary add ons to any tunnel project

Can't wait for this shitstorm to be behind us.
I think it is going to get worse.
New Business Insider hit piece "A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence". Elon's response "If I were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light," he wrote, calling the story a "politically motivated hit piece."

New Business Insider hit piece "A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence". Elon's response "If I were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light," he wrote, calling the story a "politically motivated hit piece."
What the heck is a "SpaceX flight attendant”?

Time to unleash the lawyers, I think.

It's not that Elon "wants" to involve himself in politics, he's dragged into the middle of public political discourse even if he tried to steer clear. But he's learned an important lesson in life - do not make yourself an easy target. He doesn't want to be anyone's punching bag so he has to show potential detractors that if you take a swing at Elon Musk he's going to hit you back and it's going to sting. That actually makes people think twice before they take that sucker punch.

I'm astounded at the number of people who think this is Elon not being able to control himself or that he lashes out because he's so hurt! I learned to parse reality so it makes sense and this, along with discipline, is why I was able to start making big money in the markets long before Tesla was even incorporated. If you want to win at this game called investing you have to be able to parse reality correctly. The people who think Elon is immature and can't control himself will probably not be inclined to put him in charge of significant amounts of money. They will lose out for parsing reality incorrectly. Elon is actually very disciplined and Tweets are one very powerful tool in his toolbox to guide and control how things unfold down the road. He has a voice and he uses it to make people think twice about trying to stop him. He is not a defenseless punching bag that politicians can use for their own purposes.

How is he going to continue to steer the future to his wishes if he just sits on the sidelines and doesn't rock the boat a little? Did any of you naysayers ever stop to ask yourselves why things tend to go Elon's way, not only an inordinate amount of the time but also in spectacular fashion? Ask yourselves why his failures are limited and his successes are so outsized. It's because he's smart, disciplined and he's always working, even when he's Tweeting.

These things should be obvious to anyone paying attention. I lose a lot of respect for people who think Elon's Tweets are an undisciplined "lashing out" because he's hurt and can't help himself. This is Elon letting people know there is a price for treating him like the bad guy or trying to throw roadblocks in front of him.
In two months and a day we'll be adding another $2B in free cash flow to this pile. Then $3B+ more three months after that. Then $4B just after Christmas, then another $21B or so in 2023.

Certainly there will be a couple more Gigafactories announced within about a year, but there's no hurry in build out since there won't be enough raw materials to take the next exponential leap til 2024/25.

Any fleet build out will only add to cash flow.

Only thing I can think to do with all this cash is buy mining operations. But even those could be partially paid in TSLA equity.

I kinda like this idea of a modest share buy. If even to just pull back the float Elon has added over the last year. What better return is there out there for this cash? Bitcoin?
No chance Elon will do a share repurchase. Elon't past experience with near bankruptcy are still fresh in his mind.

Also, think of the cash cushion as a percentage of sales. Every year when sales double the cash needs to double to have the same ratio.

Think battery recall, it could put us out of business if it shut down operations for a few months. 20B is not that much for a company with 100B in sales and 10B in bills coming due every month.

Last edited:
You beat me to the punch, was just going to post this crap. Only a matter of time before Elon was hit with bullcrap like this...

I expect that when the publication reached out to Elon for comment he got seriously pissed off -- probably why he's been going off on Twitter.

Elon doesnt deny it outright, and instead said there “is a lot more to the story”, and spaceX confirmed a settlement was made. Elon asked for more time to respond to the story, which BusinessInsider gave him, but Elon did not respond - instead SpaceX lawyers said they don‘t comment on settlement agreements.

I suggest reading the article for yourselves to judge the veracity of it.

"The attendant worked as a member of the cabin crew on a contract basis for SpaceX's corporate jet fleet". They are trying to make this a me too movement against Elon "if any other women have been victimized by Musk, they ought to come forward"

The timing of this . . . suspicious to say the least.

Elon said the political attacks on him would get worse. Clairvoyant?

After yesterday, and now this, I am embarrassed to own TSLA. I love money, so will continue to hold the stock, but man do I have to hold my nose now.

EDIT: just told my wife, she no longer wants us to get a Tesla (we were waiting on the model Y to be released here).
We don't know what happened. A $250,000 settlement suggests a weak case and Elon and SpaceX wanted to put it to rest.

I’ve watched most of the manned SpaceX launches and I can’t recall seeing a flight attendant on any of them.

The actual woman who was allegedly harassed is not speaking here. It is her friend who decided that this had to be exposed.

WTF.

This is by definition hearsay. I guess if EM is this type of person we will hear A LOT more about women coming forward with their stories.

Hard to judge without details from both sides but if totally true, I am disappointed in Elon. I do not expect this from him.

EDIT: I doubt it is totally true. Obviously there are flags all over the place - six years later, not the actual ‘victim’ etc etc

Last edited:
We don't know what happened. A $250,000 settlement suggests a weak case and Elon and SpaceX wanted to put it to rest.
Plus this "incident" supposedly happened in 2016 and even though the flight attendant spoke with her "friend" about it right after the flight where it supposedly happened, it took her "friend" 6 years to reveal it? Makes me wonder how many times the "friend" contacted SpaceX for a payoff before this reveal.

I recommend you read the whole article before taking this "friend's" accusation as the truth... the more you read, the more it smells pretty fishy.

Elon said the political attacks on him would get worse. Clairvoyant?
Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to say such a thing in a Twitter post after he was contacted for comment on the imminent story. And certainly no clairvoyance required! (Elon’s tweet was at 9:22AM in some time zone, but sounds like had to be after being contacted if he was in the US (easy enough to determine).)

Doesn’t seem like there is really dispute by the parties over the facts of the case, anyway - we all know Elon doesn’t settle cases where he disagrees with the facts of the case!!! Unfortunately this sort of thing happens all the time (does not make it ok of course). Not a surprise.

Curious how Tesla will approach this. No idea how these things play out these days (when it extends to events technically outside the workplace).

Last edited:
After yesterday, and now this, I am embarrassed to own TSLA. I love money, so will continue to hold the stock, but man do I have to hold my nose now.

EDIT: just told my wife, she no longer wants us to get a Tesla (we were waiting on the model Y to be released here).

You are going to just believe that article without really thinking this through? I don’t condone such alleged acts but I would say there’s usually two sides to a story. This is business insider we are talking about here, the same publication that employs Linette Lopez.

A big clue might be the fact that it was a 250000 settlement. Whoever this person is either hired the worst lawyer in the world or is not telling the true story here.

We are all so gullible but I love the line about money. You are basically saying you are going to condone it because you love money. Just think about how absurd that sounds.

Man, people fly off the handle so much these days it's insane. We - the common public - know almost nothing about this story. If Elon is the type of person to engage in this behavior, other accusations will surface. Until then, best to just let it percolate.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to say such a thing in a Twitter post after he was contacted for comment on the imminent story. And certainly no clairvoyance required!

Doesn’t seem like there is really dispute by the parties over the facts of the case, anyway - we all know Elon doesn’t settle cases where he disagrees with the facts of the case!!! Unfortunately this sort of thing happens all the time (does not make it ok of course). Not a surprise.

Curious how Tesla will approach this. No idea how these things play out these days.

It's a nothingburger related to Tesla. He probably did wrong, that's why the settled. SIX YEARS AGO.

Yeah, someone's been holding onto this "gem" for the right time in order to try to smear him.

Unlike some here, I don't worship at the alter of Musk, but I do believe he is an overall good person that does a lot more right than he does wrong.

EDIT - the settlement most likely has an NDA, and such. That's why the "friend" is releasing the info, not the person alleged to have been involved.

This crap is literally out of the political playbook.