Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if anyone has noticed.....but that is 2...yes 2 green days in a row!!!!!!!!!
Today was not a good day in terms of trading action for TSLA.

Btw, a clear strategy of capping TSLA is let Tesla run and outperform it's beta on a small macro up day. Then on the next materially up macro day (like today for instance, up 1%), cap the stock to drastically underperform.

The net effect is that while Tesla was up 4X the macro's yesterday, after today's performance, it's underperforming it's beta over the 2-day stretch. Considering on Friday, the stock was down 4X it's beta on a big macro down day, TSLA is down dramatically verses what it's beta says it should be.

It's the way they easily control this stock

Last edited:
Giggidy

d6u6aixt16491.jpg

A folding blade would be a recipe for disaster and evidence that Tesla is reverting to its early production years which were, alas, demonstrations that its vehicles were designed by southern Californians for southern Californians driving solely in southern California. Fortunately, the company long since has become more catholic in its collective knowledge, design and experience.

A disaster, because the first or second time such a design were to experience wet snow or crusty ice, it would cry “I want my mommy” as it limped, broken-hinged, all the way back to….yep….southern California.

My own guess - I’m projecting how I would tackle this - is that the wiper should do its upward sweep as seen in that pic, then on the return sweep it would telescope outward along a strong inner track, thereby cleanining the rest of the windshield. Or even a windscreen….😜

Serious FOMO for the Plaid, and you're not helping.
OK, I'll not comment much on my Plaid. Except to say it uses fewer electrons than did my 2018 P3D. Of course it has 19" wheels and estimated range, still, or 396 miles at 100%. It's far too large for my taste...
If you can afford you'll never feel a tinge of regret. Ignore the speed, everything else is wonderful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thrilled that you're so impressed. Would you like to buy my 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric? IT's freshly updated with the latest update. You can then directly enjoy all those magnificent Android Auto innovations yourself. I then can move back to the primitive Tesla OS. Sounds like a win-win to me. I'm really not capable of appreciating all that excellence. I'd settle for the same display format in front of the driver and the central screen. Moving back to the old-fashioned Tesla would also allow my co-pilot (and spouse) to stop complaining about trying to read the permanent north-up display.

So, I'm prepared to make an attractive deal. I'm sure it is irrelevant to you that the Volvo uses 370 wh/mi vs my Model S Plaid at 294. Surely that is a small price to pay for all that superior Android Auto experience.

Feel free to PM me your offer. I will accept any Tesla in trade.

Note: Of course this is not sarcastic. I'll sell quickly and throw in that impeccable deal experience without extra cost.
Note 2: Full disclosure: the wonderful foot-actuated back trunk opener does not work. However, there have only been four dealer attempts to fix it aided by two factory visits so I'm sure those mvens at Android Auto can solve the problem by eliminating the feature. I'll include the phone numbers, email addresses too. They don't answer for me, but they'll probably do so for you.
Note 3: on second thought this is all sarcastic. Nobody sane would buy one of these things. I did, so you probably should accept I'm not sane either and then buy my Volvo anyway.location of said vehicle.
Note 4: It's convenient that a phone isn't necessary because the link disappears every week or too, so remote functions disappear also. MY home charger maintains it's link so I can easilocontrol changing from that. Charging anywhere else needs setting charging instructions on the screen, that only can be done after charging has been commenced. Maybe I don't understand and that's security feature from Android Auto, just like the inability to use a phone as a key.

As you know this is a magnificent accomplishment that elderly Tesla and Apple guys like me just don't understand.

During this demented post the price has gone down. Remember that PM!
Although you speak of Full Disclosure, I don’t see any reference as to the location of said vehicle. Ubicação and all that, donchaknow :)

I am thrilled that you're so impressed. Would you like to buy my 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric? IT's freshly updated with the latest update. You can then directly enjoy all those magnificent Android Auto innovations yourself. I then can move back to the primitive Tesla OS. Sounds like a win-win to me. I'm really not capable of appreciating all that excellence. I'd settle for the same display format in front of the driver and the central screen. Moving back to the old-fashioned Tesla would also allow my co-pilot (and spouse) to stop complaining about trying to read the permanent north-up display.

So, I'm prepared to make an attractive deal. I'm sure it is irrelevant to you that the Volvo uses 370 wh/mi vs my Model S Plaid at 294. Surely that is a small price to pay for all that superior Android Auto experience.

Note: Of course this is not sarcastic. I'll sell quickly and throw in that impeccable deal experience without extra cost.
Note 2: Full disclosure: the wonderful foot-actuated back trunk opener does not work. However, there have only been four dealer attempts to fix it aided by two factory visits so I'm sure those mvens at Android Auto can solve the problem by eliminating the feature. I'll include the phone numbers, email addresses too. They don't answer for me, but they'll probably do so for you.
Note 3: on second thought this is all sarcastic. Nobody sane would buy one of these things. I did, so you probably should accept I'm not sane either and then buy my Volvo anyway.
Note 4: It's convenient that a phone isn't necessary because the link disappears every week or too, so remote functions disappear also. MY home charger maintains it's link so I can easilocontrol changing from that. Charging anywhere else needs setting charging instructions on the screen, that only can be done after charging has been commenced. Maybe I don't understand and that's security feature from Android Auto, just like the inability to use a phone as a key.

As you know this is a magnificent accomplishment that elderly Tesla and Apple guys like me just don't understand.

My son wil get an XC40 Recharge electric as a company car. I’m curious what his opinion about it will be, with his experience of having driven dad’s Model S and mom’s Model 3.

My Plaid gets gushing comments and stares everywhere I go. Wife's lady friends drool over her MYP. Neighbors ask me why my lights stay on during blackouts (PowerWalls).....all good stuff. And then....

At work today, a colleague asked if Tesla was going to stop making cars. Shocked, I asked where on earth he got that idea. He stated he read/heard that Tesla was letting go a large number of employees, and that would affect the 'start-up' so badly, they would not be able to make cars out of their one factory.

Hmmm. 15 minutes later, he understood how many employees Tesla has, what the growth projections have been and what has been met, their market share, their margins, how many factories this 'start-up' has, and the adjacent markets that Tesla is in besides cars.

He left to go buy some stock.

This is one reason the Twitter acquisition (or a Twitter like improved version from Tesla) is important for Tesla and its mission: this would be one of the most effective ways to fight the prevalent FUDsters' lies which 90% of the public believes. Great PR replacement for Tesla in addition to breaking the monopoly on news currently held by our misguided governing elites or their handlers.

Today was not a good day in terms of trading action for TSLA.

Btw, a clear strategy of capping TSLA is let Tesla run and outperform it's beta on a small macro up day. Then on the next materially up macro day (like today for instance, up 1%), cap the stock to drastically underperform.

The net effect is that while Tesla was up 4X the macro's yesterday, after today's performance, it's underperforming it's beta over the 2-day stretch. Considering on Friday, the stock was down 4X it's beta on a big macro down day, TSLA is down dramatically verses what it's beta says it should be.

It's the way they easily control this stock
There's always that 'one' person who sees the negative.......

/s

:)

This is one reason the Twitter acquisition (or a Twitter like improved version from Tesla) is important for Tesla and its mission: this would be one of the most effective ways to fight the prevalent FUDsters' lies which 90% of the public believes. Great PR replacement for Tesla in addition to breaking the monopoly on news currently held by our misguided governing elites or their handlers.
Nothing stopping Tesla from using Twitter that way right now. Not to mention all the people who have been on there fighting the FUD daily for years.

Note 3: on second thought this is all sarcastic. Nobody sane would buy one of these things. I did, so you probably should accept I'm not sane either and then buy my Volvo anyway.

Fair enough, thanks for the insight @jbcarioca - always better to hear first hand experience than the marketing material! Shame Polestar is failing in the quality of its complete package.

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting AAOS was overall better than Tesla's (I'll keep my M3 thanks ;) ), just that, in design, it sounded like a better solution than Apple's aim for its auto OS - still unproven. The app marketplace (which Tesla doesn't offer) are not the most important piece.

Between the core OS and autonomous driving, it's going to be an interesting marketplace in the next few years. I think the vast majority of us can all agree that Tesla is the best available. But the market is in flux. It will be interesting to see how good the competition can be as this shakes out.

My frustration is that this is all going to play out over a period of decades. In the mean time the climate is going to get worse and worse. Until much of this comes online. More abundant/ affordable power will be one of the first pieces we need and that is ~10 years out. Carbon capture a few years behind that. Becoming carbon negative is likely a decade or more after aggressive capture begins. Seeing the results of that carbon capture likely another 50+ years after we become carbon negative.

The good news is cheap energy and synthetics will likely create a new era of manufacturing in the mean time. The bad news is by the time we come out the world will be vastly different and the transformation will be painful.
Solar power has been following an almost perfect exponential growth trend for decades. Cumulative installed capacity has risen 10x every 5-8 years with annual growth of 33%.

This exponential growth was happening in the decades before solar became the cheapest energy of all time.

Solar passing the cost-parity threshold just as batteries are finally becoming affordable means that the virtuous cycle is now intensifying, but this effect is being masked by our present issues with raw materials, logistics and construction costs. Therefore it's reasonable to expect in the next couple years we'll probably see an inflection point in the solar growth curve. The big questions for me are whether the supply chain can keep up, how fast the cost will fall and whether this will outpace our intensifying environmental emergency.

In the USA for example, 90% of new electric generation is now solar + wind. Globally we are currently at 3% solar for overall electricity supply. If solar just keeps chugging
along at 33% annual growth, then in 2033 we'll have solar producing as much as all electricity used today. If annual growth accelerates to 50%, we'll get there in 2030.

I also expect this to drive an acceleration of premature retirements of coal, gas and nuclear plants.

1654636004725.png

Year33% growth50% growth60% growth70% growth
20213%3%3%3%
20224%5%5%5%
20235%7%8%9%
20247%10%12%15%
20259%15%20%25%
202612%23%31%43%
202717%34%50%72%
202822%51%81%123%
202929%77%129%209%
203039%115%206%356%