Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's plain to see Energy Gross Margins are going to easily surpass 30% when Lathrop is fully ramped by year end. The real humdinger will be in 2027 and beyond when the revenue recognition alone between fully ramped Lathrop and Lingang numbers closer to $10B. To put this in perspective, the nearly pure profit unrecognized revenue that will be realized after 2027 is going to surpass the revenue of all of Tesla Auto in 2023 or 2024 (or 2025 for that matter). Think about that. Two Megafactories, just the UNREALIZED REVENUE (MOSTLY PROFIT) surpasses the profit of 4 Gigafactories. So what happens in the late 2030s when Tesla has say 50-100 Megafactories? Tesla Energy is a beast.
Tesla energy is the biggest bullish reason for me honestly, the margins will remain ridiculous for a very long period of time.

Whoever works for Tesla on this forum, please send this on high:

There is a market for a 373 miles MY in the US. Makes me jealous it is available in Europe. My weekend drive takes me CLE==>COL roundtrip 250mi and I do this several times every month. At 75mph+ with the flow of traffic I can't make it there and back without charging. If a 350mi+ Super Long Range MY was offered, I would buy it in an instant. I would save $1000 every year in Supercharging costs and literally days worth of Supercharging time. Let's make it happen now that batteries aren't the limiting factor!

Whoever works for Tesla on this forum, please send this on high:

There is a market for a 373 miles MY in the US. Makes me jealous it is available in Europe. My weekend drive takes me CLE==>COL roundtrip 250mi and I do this several times every month. At 75mph+ with the flow of traffic I can't make it there and back without charging. If a 350mi+ Super Long Range MY was offered, I would buy it in an instant. I would save $1000 every year in Supercharging costs and literally days worth of Supercharging time. Let's make it happen now that batteries aren't the limiting factor!

At least we now have silver again?

And yet, Elon tells us that the Optimus / Teslabot business line will be bigger than all other Tesla product lines combined. This includes Tesla Auto, Tesla Energy, and Tesla Network / Autonomy.

No wonder Teslackies want to fire him as CEO! 🤷
Go figure!

Megapack is the solution to meet energy demand bottleneck to enable the rise of the robots! I feel so lucky to live during this incredible time.

Last edited:
That would be a ticket-able offense in most of the US as you have to drive the wrong way twice to park in such a way. Seems really dangerous.
1714153096952.png

I know. But perfectly legal in most of Europe. In Finland they changed the laws to allow this just a few years ago.

I love this use-case, but then it opens up the question of charge port location standards, for that to work they would have to be on the passenger side.
This is my primary method of charging. Ubitricity has a "lamppost" charger outside my terrace, although in this case I think the wiring in 100yo lamp posts is so terrible they put in a little bollard next to the post to run the charger. In terms of good and bad:
  • ➕ I likely wouldn't have purchased and EV if no charging was available nearby - This solves a problem
  • ➕ There are lots around - a couple every block where I live
  • ➕ Reliability is pretty good - maybe 1 in 20 times I'd need to call them up and they reset it remotely in a minute or two
  • ➖ Pricing is awful - they charge £0.53 / kWh currently - basically the same as supercharger pricing. They change the pricing structure quite frequently. Sometimes offering a peak vs off-peak, sometimes not
  • ➖ My neighbours don't respect the charging spot so I have to hand out judgemental stares when they encroach.
London parking is fine facing with or against traffic. Most of the chargers are in places where parking spots are undefined, if you can squeeze in you're good to go. The EV taxis have cables that may be 5m or more in length and can charge a space either side.

Last edited:
It won't be built. Instead they will bring "new models" to market sooner, built on 3/Y production lines. They said almost nothing about these new models, except they'll combine some new stuff with some old stuff which is too obvious to be meaningful. Some new models will be more affordable, some more expensive.

They also said the new approach would not generate as much savings, so bye-bye 25k price target.

Switching from the planned "unboxed" production line to existing 3/Y lines at this late stage would delay Model 2 instead of accelerating it. So we can infer the new models are not Model 2 ported over to the 3/Y production lines, but rather new variations of Model 3 and/or Y.
Thanks. I thought the "cheap" M2 would be a big seller and prop up everything else...O well, I will keep dreaming and go back to my artwork.

That's true, but landlords should realize that this is an opportunity to make some extra money. If charging is available, tenants WILL buy EVs because the price of an EV will continue to plummet.

Plus, the initial investment for the landlord is pretty low. It doesn't cost much to add a couple of chargers, then add more as needed.

So the landlord gets paid and the tenant saves money buying electricity instead of gasoline. Tenants also save money on unexpected repairs which makes them less likely to fall behind on the rent.
Landlords are still trying to recover from the deficit they ran during covid rent free periods. So right now I imagine optional spends will be on hold.

I suspect he’s expecting a release of FSD to come out before then that will bolster support for him by way of “look what I got done”.

And I think 8/8 he picked because he has seemingly started to enjoy numbers with meaning (4/20 etc) and 8 is a homonym for wealth in mandarin.
Unfortunately the number 88 has a much different meaning in some circles. I’m surprised the fudsters haven’t picked up on that.

This is my primary method of charging. Ubitricity has a "lamppost" charger outside my terrace, although in this case I think the wiring in 100yo lamp posts is so terrible they put in a little bollard next to the post to run the charger. In terms of good and bad:
  • ➕ I likely wouldn't have purchased and EV if no charging was available nearby - This solves a problem
  • ➕ There are lots around - a couple every block where I live
  • ➕ Reliability is pretty good - maybe 1 in 20 times I'd need to call them up and they reset it remotely in a minute or two
  • ➖ Pricing is awful - they charge £0.53 / kWh currently - basically the same as supercharger pricing. They change the pricing structure quite frequently. Sometimes offering a peak vs off-peak, sometimes not
  • ➖ My neighbours don't respect the charging spot so I have to hand out judgemental stares when they encroach.
London parking is fine facing with or against traffic. Most of the chargers are in places where parking spots are undefined, if you can squeeze in you're good to go. The EV taxis have cables that may be 5m or more in length and can charge a space either side.

The high price of charging would be my concern for folks who don't have solar/home/charge at home. Rates are pretty high in general for public EV charging I feel and even though it might be cheaper than gas, it's sorta a crappy thing if an EV owner has to "guess" or as you say, just suck it up with random price changes to support a car. I imagine there is already on-peak pricing at public chargers (makes sense) where unless you charge off hours (life inconvenience), it's still a massive pain in the butt for people to deal/live with.

the initial investment for the landlord is pretty low. It doesn't cost much to add a couple of chargers, then add more as needed.
I must disagree. I have two friend who looked into having chargers installed in their condo buildings. It was very expensive. Installing high power electric lines to the parking lot was expensive, and since everyone will want one at the same time, and it's cheaper to do all at once, the new electric panels, meters, and transformers make the cost much higher.

The market makers, chicken littles and algobots have been walking the TSLA price down for an hour. This as the media hype the NTHSA investigation which is merely about the degree of FSD "nags" and should have little to do with the share price. But this has been spurred on by two US senators who want FSD only on major roads. And even that essentially old news shouldn't have much to do with the share price.

Last edited: