Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be when it sticks. If he sticks to saying mid-2023 through the rest of this year then I think we're in great shape for the 4680.
But wasn't that their Cybertruck prior forecast as well, mid-2023? If so, then we can say it is sticking already, (but needs to continue to stick to dates as you say). Delivery dates would be a bit later of course.

The timing of this is meaningful to me. This is with full knowledge of any recent constraints in the 4680 ramp. Bullish.

Reactions: rsm287
I think you're understating here. In my opinion, Tesla is ahead in AI but as far as getting a bot to balance on two feet and navigate the world, I have to think Tesla is WAY behind, and it will take more than several years for Optimus to be useful in any significant way. Long term, Tesla will succeed and be the leader. They have the most money, talent and Elon driving the mission. It's not going to be quick and easy though.
Really ? You forget that it was Dennis Hong (UCLA) who was going crazy about DOJO before the first AI day. Tesla have been working with the experts in bipedal for a long time before announcement of Optimus.

The Boring Co have submitted a planning application with the City of Austin to construct the "Colorado River Connector Tunnel" under the river from Giga Texas to the South side. (originally tweeted out by Sawyer)
Interactive Development Review Permitting and Inspection | AustinTexas.gov - The Official Website of the City of Austin

Tesla have been doing directional drilling under the river for a sewer pipe for a while but this appears to be something much more. Tesla also purchased extra land on the south side of the river and have previously submitted plans for a warehouse on the south side. Could this be for moving components to and from the warehouse or just for more utilities?

Edit: Telsarati article about the 220,000sqf warehouse across the river: Tesla linked to more development around Gigafactory Texas

Really ? You forget that it was Dennis Hong (UCLA) who was going crazy about DOJO before the first AI day. Tesla have been working with the experts in bipedal for a long time before announcement of Optimus.
Your DOJO comment is in alignment with me. I said I think they're ahead in AI. As far as bipedal abilities go, time will tell. In the meantime we can all agree to hope that I'm wrong. :)

The Ford Lightning racing again a Tesla and the truck limits the power down to 74% and then back up again so they must have the same WOT issues.
Go to the 7 minute mark.. The teslas racing that day (well everyday) we’re crushing everything that lined up against them. 💪
This TFLEV video clearly explains why Tesla will never need paid advertisement. Teslas simply sell themselves.

Son to father: "Here is the deal. When I had the concept for this video (taking Ford F150 EV Lightning to the drag strip) I thought we'd be racing mustangs and camaros, but now that it's 2022..."
Father: "We're going to be racing jaguars?"
Son: "No. Tesla. (pointing to front.) Tesla next to us. Tesla behind us. All of that there is here it's like Tesla and then a few of the old school racers."

I compiled a chart showing all the races shown in the video with 1/2 mile duration times and top speed. It must be totally demoralizing for owners of ICE muscle cars being absolutely throttled and overrun by EVs on their home turf. This is happening everywhere. Tesla has shown the way. Even Ford in their first attempt with the F150 EV Lightning pickup is beating out Corvette, Charger, Jaquar, Viper, Mercedes and Mustang times on the local 1/4 mile drag strip. Clearly ICE is now dead.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.14.11 PM.png

Last edited:
  • "Colorado River Connector Tunnel"
  • Project details undisclosed
  • "The applicant is proposing private access tunnel along with associated improvements."
  • Leading guesses for now
    • 1) Connect to airport, circled in Red
    • 2) Connect to 200,000 square foot "Horse Ranch Warehouse" at 1000 Falwell Ln which Horse Ranch LLC applied to build on 23 Feb 2022 as shown in @Chunky Jr. Teslarati link above
      • This company is not a Tesla subsidiary but apparently has ties to Elon Musk
      • Little is known publicly about Horse Ranch LLC but the records list Jared Birchall, who is on the Musl Foundation Board of Directors, as the manager for Horse Ranch LLC
    • Both are located right across the Colorado River from the gigafactory
    • Airport circled in red; 1000 Falwell X'ed in brown; River in blue
    • Map from Google

1655913563973.png

Last edited:
Geopgraphical is the ambition, but will not work till they harmonise production specs at both sites.
So "harmonise", is that like Samsonise?

Process matching is something Tesla likely does well, even across different factory flows as it appears. I would think that's where we're at right now but I have pretty high expectation with Tesla. They set a very high bar, the highest out there.

I still think the Austin delay was that the bodies were ahead of schedule, but I'm just an Optimus ;)

This TFLEV video clearly explains why Tesla will never need paid advertisement. Teslas simply sell themselves.

Son to father: "Here is the deal. When I had the concept for this video (taking Ford F150 EV Lightning to the drag strip) I thought we'd be racing mustangs and camaros, but now that it's 2022..."
Father: "We're going to be racing jaguars?"
Son: "No. Tesla. (pointing to front.) Tesla next to us. Tesla behind us. All of that there is here it's like Tesla and then a few of the old school racers."

I compiled a chart showing all the races shown in the video with 1/2 mile duration times and top speed. It must be totally demoralizing for owners of ICE muscle cars being absolutely throttled and overrun by EVs on their home turf. This is happening everywhere. Tesla has shown the way. Even Ford in their attempt with the F150 EV Lightning pickup is beating out Corvette, Charger, Jaquar, Viper, Mercedes and Mustang times on the local 1/4 mile drag strip. Clearly ICE is now dead.

View attachment 819623
The 9.55s time was a Model S Plaid, not the 3P as you listed in the table against the Corvette, also the 9.97 against the Merc.

I'm all for hoping a four day shutdown is all that's needed. But the translation really only says that the whole factory has to be powered off for four days. Nowhere does it say that the upgraded lines are ready in those four days. Potentially all the other areas of the factory could be up and running in four days while the actual production of the cars could take two weeks. So both the four days and two weeks figures could be "correct".

No Reuters headline specifically says “Tesla plans 2 week suspension of Shanghai production”
Agree. Reuters know exactly what lies they are perpetrating . Now many other paid media outlets are repeating Reuters falsehoods with their "according to Reuters" claim so they can plead ignorance when the truth comes out. Will they retract their articles and apologize? No. Where is their fact checking? Paid Media does not care about the truth, only lining their own pockets.

No worries. The truth must prevail. The truth will prevail.

Agree. Reuters know exactly what lies they are perpetrating . Now many other paid media outlets are repeating Reuters falsehoods with their "according to Reuters" claim so they can plead ignorance when the truth comes out. Will they retract their articles and apologize? No. Where is their fact checking? Paid Media does not care about the truth, only lining their own pockets.

Optimist, aren’t you? Look how pervasive that “$7.11” gas&diesel price calumny has become in no time at all.

I hate Twitter.

I’m old enough to remember when Reuters and AP were stodgy news wire services with no agenda.

Now they are stodgy (dull and uninspiring) with an agenda.

I’m old enough to remember when Reuters and AP were stodgy news wire services with no agenda.

Now they are stodgy (dull and uninspiring) with an agenda.
Keep in mind.....we still haven't seen the email that caused the 10% down day a couple Friday's ago........No one has seen that email. Not a single person. Nadda.

The Rueter's hit piece did its job. TSLA went from outperforming by a factor 4X the Nasdaq to now right around it's usual Beta.