Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for correcting. Yes, I think Elon is implying (and has been hinting at this for a while) that he is beginning to see significant input cost declines, and that the fed is at risk of making a policy mistake by hiking rates too much.

Certainly the fed has a lot of data, but we see how well they used that data when making the decisions that got us here. I think I'll side with the guy who is building out businesses and industries that exceed many of the worlds nation's GDP than the federal reserve.
Fed has to deal with the rest of the population, not just industrial cues.

Problem we have right now is spiking rents and lack of housing, a shortage with its seeds going back to the Great Recession. We need more housing for that to really relent. The Fed is raising rates, which discourages new housing. A real conundrum for the policy makers in the end.

Another real issue to consider short term is the impending rail strike. Want to see some short term energy price spikes? Hope this does not happen.

And then of course we have the typhoon bearing down on Shanghai. Let’s see how Tesla prepared for it.

MODERATOR-ALTERED POST

I’ve been alerted that posters neither see a précis as to why a post is deleted, nor even by which Mod. Assuming this is so - we baklava-munchers high atop Mt. Olympus mightn’t be aware of all occurring to hoi polloi - then this morning what is turning to smoke on the Altar of OnTopicness can be discerned by by their color, as well as the identical alteration of the post.

With that, today‘s message is: NO more numerology. Ox entrails are less mind-stultifying, as well as less inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before TSLA overtakes QQQ ?
Place your bets! ;)

My bet is Wednesday afternoon
1663162695590.png

It happened! I got the day right...

Musk is brilliant. He’s not infallible. He was wrong about covid being over a few months after it started. I’m sure he’s been wrong about many things but he knows how to hire and evaluate smart people to steer him straight.
Argh... for the 500th time, Elon NEVER said that, the MEDIA pretends he said that, and YOU repeat it blindly. What Elon tweeted was that COVID was trending to zero. The trend changed. Unlike the media, Elon is willing to change his opinion when faced with new evidence. That doesn't take brilliance, it takes intellectual honesty.

Not saying he’s wrong. But I’m not gonna blindly accept he’s right over head of an org that exists to decide what’s best for these things.
... so, maybe don't blindly accept the MEDIA then, either? You should be aware of their pervasive bias against Elon, their willingness to twist his words or outright lie about what he says, and understand who FUNDS their bias.

MODERATOR-ALTERED POST

I’ve been alerted that posters neither see a précis as to why a post is deleted, nor even by which Mod. Assuming this is so - we baklava-munchers high atop Mt. Olympus mightn’t be aware of all occurring to hoi polloi - then this morning what is turning to smoke on the Altar of OnTopicness can be discerned by by their color, as well as the identical alteration of the post.

With that, today‘s message is: NO more numerology. Ox entrails are less mind-stultifying, as well as less inaccurate.

MODERATOR-ALTERED POST

More German beaurocracy?

From Google translate:

At the beginning of June, the Grünheide main committee approved the plans of the US electric car manufacturer to expand its factory premises and recommended that the local council initiate a procedure for a new development plan. However, Christiani took the item off the agenda shortly before the municipal council meeting. There is still a need for clarification, he said at the time. This is the reason why the development plan is not on the agenda for the next meeting either, Christiani explained on Wednesday. He could not estimate whether the topic will be dealt with this year.

Bullish sign, new SA article title: Exploding EV Competition Could Send Tesla Under $100
Not sure if it was discussed here yet, but I'm reading this update on the competition....

It sounds like me trying to defend the SolarCity business model in 2015.

I mean.....Ford absolutely cannot compete with Tesla on margins, even if they had a zero cost dealer-free distribution system.

Now they want dealers, who are 100% gonna lose all profit after the maintenance-free EV takes over, to "invest" $1M in order to be allowed to sell EVs. The EVs that are 100% going to lead to their demise. Lol!

In many ways it's a great move by Farley to put the onus on the dealership network. But it simply reframes the same trainwreck. He's supposed to be avoiding the trainwreck.

More German beaurocracy?

From Google translate:

At the beginning of June, the Grünheide main committee approved the plans of the US electric car manufacturer to expand its factory premises and recommended that the local council initiate a procedure for a new development plan. However, Christiani took the item off the agenda shortly before the municipal council meeting. There is still a need for clarification, he said at the time. This is the reason why the development plan is not on the agenda for the next meeting either, Christiani explained on Wednesday. He could not estimate whether the topic will be dealt with this year.

Build another factory in a European country that doesn’t have a terminally stupid government.

More German beaurocracy?

From Google translate:

We just need to get Brandenburg to put a few hundred billion into TSLA and own 12% of the company just like Lower Saxony does with VW. Then those approvals would fly out the door.