Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many of the high cap tech stocks have dropped hard in the past hour. It's just macros again.

It’s 100% just following macros

8C50C71D-E173-4C51-BD9C-850BC355EDC1.jpeg

E5B71808-FE33-4D32-925B-FFA88628119E.jpeg

On the 40,000 a week number Ron brought up, Elon reminded him that he can't discuss NPMI, and said in the past he said that was the goal. So Elon seemed to be very guarded with his comments.
Elon said 40,000 per week was the goal on the Q2 earnings call. That’s probably what Ron Baron was referring to.

Emmanuel Rosner -- Deutsche Bank -- Analyst

Yeah. My follow-up was actually on the supply side. So it was very encouraging to see that you're quantifying your current installed capacity at basically already in excess of 1.9 million units installed currently. How quickly do you think that you can fill that capacity?

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect

Well, I mean, we -- I think we've got a good chance of exiting this year at 40,000 vehicles a week.

Drew Baglino -- Senior Vice President, Powertrain and Energy Engineering

Yeah. I mean our internal plans are to have the capacity utilized by the end of the year. It takes time to ramp there. It will be a challenge.

There's a lot that needs to happen to get there but that's what we're working on.

Yeah. We've had many 30,000-car weeks already, so I think a 40,000-car week is within reach by the end of this year.

Drew Baglino -- Senior Vice President, Powertrain and Energy Engineering

Shanghai and Fremont, as we said last month for record production and they're really fire to better doing really well. But then also Berlin are coming on strong. Theoretically, they also had record quarters, last quarter. And if we ramp them to the capacity shown in the deck by the end of this year, we'll be at that rate.

There's always a lot of uncertainty like the production looks like S-curve, and that intermediate part of S-curve the difficult to bridge that with high certainty. But the end part of the S-curve, you can say, I think you can have a lot more certainty. And so that's why I'm confident we'll get to 5,000 cars a week at -- in Austin and Berlin by the end of this year or early next year and probably but not certainly, 10,000 cars a week at both locations by the end of next year.
(Transcript from motley fool seems to have some mistakes)

Last edited:
It seems she's fed up with Elon. Can’t totally blame her.
Even though Elon appeared laid back talking with Ron on stage, he seems pretty stressed out. He looked really tired on stage and should be after just getting off a red-eye flight and admittedly not sleeping. Now he says he's going to go from 80 hours a week to 120. I really hope he's not taking Ambien to sleep and drinking Red bull to stay up. I know from experience just how much that can mess with your thinking, especially Ambien (or any sleeping aids for that matter) and he doesn't need that now or ever.

Last edited:
Is it ok to wonder now why TSLA is down now or has our beta moved to 18? 🤔

Could be as simple as just giving back relative strength from yesterday. Could be shorts smelling blood in the water due to the Twitter fiasco, could be longs selling due to the same, a combination of all of those things, or something else entirely!

The labor "market remains tight and that means there's still more work to do," Richmond Fed President Thomas Barkin said in an CNBC interview after the jobs report.

About 5 seconds after he opened his mouth market fell.
I already had to state this once Federal Reserve, print your reports and then shut it..
Meaning your mouths!!

You know the wild thing is Elon posted that tweet about advertising around 10 minutes before he was introduced on stage, then repeated it almost verbatim at the end of their talk. It seems obvious that it's really bugging him, but he really should have been expecting it before the purchase was complete and especially after the debacle Sunday morning. I doubt seriously that complaining about is going to solve the problem either. I do like many of his ideas though and I hope a reformed Twitter will be a success, but it's going to take time. Unfortunately in today's world success from change is expected immediately and if not, it's considered failure. Let's hope this isn't the case here.